Heroic Lei Shi 25M - Need Help

Basically, we've already killed it twice. But we're having a lot of problems with the Protector adds when they spawn. We're using 2x Warriors with Mocking Banner cycling, along with a DK Mass Grip and then snares, and ccs for those who are far away from the center.

Now this works for us because we've killed it twice, but I just finished a raid night where every attempt had a few healers dying or the warriors dying, because of the extreme unpredictability of the mocking banner. I'm not really sure but it just doesn't taunt immediately, or it just sends out pulses when there are no adds around and then the adds go and one-shot the healers.

We're all out of ideas and would really like some advice on what we need to do. We don't want to spend hours wiping on a boss we've already killed successfully twice.

We have at least 1 of every class and spec so it's not a problem there, and we aren't stacking any class or spec indiscriminately either(read, more than 2, except for hunters).

Another thing is when, our Mocking Banner CDs are not aligning correctly with the Protector spawns, and we're forced to mass CC and it doesn't work everytime. Is there a particular point where we have to slow DPS so as to make the CDs align with the spawns? This has to do with managing stacks, and we've got a pretty good rotation down for that so I'd like to see some ideas on that as well.

Any new strategies on how to handle Adds are also welcome, as long as our raid comp is able to execute it.

10+ Year Old Account
    CC them immediately. Ring of Frost around the healer group, mark one to DPS down, CC the rest immediately. Wyvern Sting, Banish, and Bind Elemental are the best options.

DBM should put out X, Square, Triangle, Diamond and Moon plus skull. We assign multiple CCs to each mark and have the whole raid use their stuns and fears on them as they spawn until marks are up for more permanent ccs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    DBM should put out X, Square, Triangle, Diamond and Moon plus skull. We assign multiple CCs to each mark and have the whole raid use their stuns and fears on them as they spawn until marks are up for more permanent ccs.
    DBM marks are incredibly slow on protectors. I personally wouldn't rely on them at all.

Ring of frost is what we use as well. upper right corner facing towards sha dk grips with the raid on that side and a ring flanking. Mocking banner is also unrelaible if you fail to hit the mob it's taunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzyo View Post
    DBM marks are incredibly slow on protectors. I personally wouldn't rely on them at all.

Ring of frost is what we use as well. upper right corner facing towards sha dk grips with the raid on that side and a ring flanking. Mocking banner is also unrelaible if you fail to hit the mob it's taunting.

Oh I know they're slow, but we don't wait for marks to get stuns/fears out, the marks are usually out in ~3 seconds after which we get more permanent ccs on them. Just saying what works for us.

Deleted
    You could also use a brewmaster monk, that's what we do. The barrel they throw (dizzy something iirc) builds threat insanely fast. So, if you keep them slowed, the monk can just kite/roll to eternity.

The only issue we have sometimes is when they one shot a healer on the first second after the spawn. What we do usually is, they spawn, a DK grips immediately on another monk, and he stuns everything. From then on it's quite easy, one of the boss tanks takes the nuke target while the brewmaster kites everything else.

We might still have some random deaths if the stun is 1 second too late or if an add is too far and doesn't get gripped. But that's no biggie anyway, you can afford some resses.

On the last 2 spawns, 40% and 20% we are using armies, noone usually dies there, unless we're really unlucky.

Deleted
    I am a brewmaster myself and i do it like zackie is saying having your hunters spamming MD (yes it's spammable now) helps a lot.

Deleted
    You have some seconds, when they spawn. Your healers should get some sort of aggro warnings installed and move out of melee range, when they spawn.
    Use taunt banners from warriors. Use ring of frost on the healer+range+melee camp and fear/massfear for instant cc. Afterwards use banish, bind elementals, singlefear, wyvernsting, blind, tangle... There are so many options.
    Most important is: make your raidgroup aware of the fact, that cc'ing the adds is THE key to win the fight.
    We 3 tanked it with 2xwarri+pala. 2nd warri was the "20-stack-guy" and did offtank the elemental we focused.