Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Floating Combat Text addon - anyone have a favorite?

Hey guys... here's the deal, I went back fire for the next few weeks because we are fielding a new recruit for our 10 man, and until we get him some gear we probably aren't going to push progression. So I'm messing around and trying 4 pc fire with no combustion glyph just to see how far I can push things with combustion every 36 seconds.

Anyway, I really don't dislike Combustion helper, but in the past I have actually performed better just gut checking my ignite with pyro crits. I know its not THE way to do it, but anyway...

I have no floating combat text mod, and would like recommendations for any favorites out there. I want to be able to see my crits more plainly, if possible separate my dot traffic and my heal traffic.

Thanks!

15+ Year Old Account
    I use MikScrollingBattleText.

It's simple and it gets the job done.

Simple is my middle name, cool, I'll check it out. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    I just roll w/ MikScrollingbattletext.

Quote Originally Posted by Eowenn View Post
    I use MikScrollingBattleText.

It's simple and it gets the job done.
    Same, its awesome.

I use sct.

Works good for me.

MikScrollingBattleText / MSBT all the way!
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    I use SCT, it allows you to have 3 completely customisable streams of combat text

SCTD is the module for your own damage instead of having numbers pop up over the heads of your targets

10+ Year Old Account
    Mik's, just so superior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    MSBT and SCT both offer basically the same functionality. SCT has more options but most of them aren't really that useful to Mages.

I don't have any because this often just spams my screen and doesn't provide any benefit. The more quiet the screen is in raids the better you can concentrate and focus on the boss. Of course big numbers are nice for epeen, but do you need that information for anything else?
    The only thing I still have to create are some weak auras to track my trinkets

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    I don't have any because this often just spams my screen and doesn't provide any benefit. The more quiet the screen is in raids the better you can concentrate and focus on the boss. Of course big numbers are nice for epeen, but do you need that information for anything else?
    The only thing I still have to create are some weak auras to track my trinkets
    My thoughts exactly

Deleted
    I use Eavesdrop and I have disable Floating Text for damage.
    So I have a small windows with scrolling damage in/out and my screen is more clean.

Deleted
    Definately use MSBT, very customisable.

Ok, so I grabbed MSBT, and configured it. Now I have some triggers that announce for me, and I was able to filter all the noise out so I only see my ignite ticks, pyroblast crit trigger announce, and some other stuff I did for arcane. Its not just for epeen. I'm also using it for some triggers on my buff procs in conjunction with TellMewhen. Its awesome, and it keeps everything in a nice neat area. Much better than default stuff. Thanks for the tips guys!

Actually, to elaborate, since MSBT allows you to add scrolling areas, and determine what reports where, I have cooldowns reporting in one area, just above my cast bar, damage taken/heals on one side, damage out/boss emotes on the other, one column for buffs, then one for procs and one for debuffs kinda at the top. Its freaking sexy.
    Last edited by Malfecto; 2013-02-08 at 07:14 AM.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Msbt <3 <3 <3
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

If it spams your screen it's cause you're doing it wrong ( or dont mind the spam). Not knowing how to use something, doesn't really justify not using it. It's more of a case to learn to use addons. Also I use ( like many others ) MSBT it seems to be the best one out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best part of MSBT is that I can set a separate static frame for large spell crits.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/xct-plus

I prefer xct+ over msbt. Having used msbt for a few years and then switching to xct+, I am happier with xct+.