Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Guys, i've got a question.

The lost "treasures" of the refugees, i can't seem to find them no matter where i go. Like, i have walked all over Diessau Plateau and Wayfarer, i've been to places other people find them, but for me they don't show up. I have completed every living story achievment besides that ones, is there someone i need to talk to to activate it maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Guys, i've got a question.

The lost "treasures" of the refugees, i can't seem to find them no matter where i go. Like, i have walked all over Diessau Plateau and Wayfarer, i've been to places other people find them, but for me they don't show up. I have completed every living story achievment besides that ones, is there someone i need to talk to to activate it maybe?
    I never had to activate it (by talking to the refugees in Lions Arch that lost the items) to get the goods. Check out this guide to that particular event from Dulfy. It may help.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    I never had to activate it (by talking to the refugees in Lions Arch that lost the items) to get the goods. Check out this guide to that particular event from Dulfy. It may help.
    Thanks mate.

Yeah, I loved that. It was hilarious running into an event while waiting around for Teq and seeing a bunch of dead or dying bodies because of overconfidence. The event still are fairly easy, just need to pay a bit of attention instead of rolling your face on the keyboard.
    I do wish they'd limit the servers where the events happen so there weren't 100 freaking people on Claw of Jormag, all clustered in one spot. It would seem easy enough for them to cap number of players and shunt the rest to an overflow or two.

Just today I got a couple of named exotics out of a splendid chest in Harathi Hinterlands. Got me 25 g in sale. I think those chests can be looted more than once per day. Only the Dragon chests can't be done more than once per character. Strangely enough, I've gotten no exotics from any of the Dragon chests, but plenty of rares. Easily the most money I've made farming in the game over the past few days. It is only a matter of time before inflation hits the TP hard.
    I know the Maw is once a day, because every time I've run it, there's a bunch of people going "hey, where's the chest!" and a bunch of people going "only once a day per character" and then a bunch of people going "man, that sucks, I hate anet!".

Just today I got a couple of named exotics out of a splendid chest in Harathi Hinterlands. Got me 25 g in sale. I think those chests can be looted more than once per day. Only the Dragon chests can't be done more than once per character. Strangely enough, I've gotten no exotics from any of the Dragon chests, but plenty of rares. Easily the most money I've made farming in the game over the past few days. It is only a matter of time before inflation hits the TP hard.
    Well, I got 3 rares out of that chest for the first character to loot it, but every other alt has only gotten 1 rare (no exotics). I also can't tell if the chest can be looted more than once a day because of all the idiots farming the area around it. Ironically, because they're there the chest takes significantly longer to respawn. When everyone leaves the area it (at least used to) respawns every few minutes. I guess I'll have to guest on another server to find out, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    So the crafting stuff for the Monthly... erhhhh. Maybe I didn't read it right but I'm gonna have to level a profession until I can make a green item? And then craft 40 of it?
    Crafting the green mats also works. So it's 20 green crafts in total including the mats.

---------- Post added 2013-03-03 at 07:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I've been using the dragon timer, it's somewhat accurate. Are dragon chests the only ones that drop exotics? Just wondering why people seem to put a priority on them.
    I got an exotic from the trash on Tequati.

I've only gotten 1 exotic drop in the whole 6+ months I've played the game, across all of my characters.

Well, I got 3 rares out of that chest for the first character to loot it, but every other alt has only gotten 1 rare (no exotics). I also can't tell if the chest can be looted more than once a day because of all the idiots farming the area around it. Ironically, because they're there the chest takes significantly longer to respawn. When everyone leaves the area it (at least used to) respawns every few minutes. I guess I'll have to guest on another server to find out, hopefully.
    Chests now only drop once a day per character (after 28th patch) per major event. Not sure if guesting will work around that. Someties I get no rares but often 1 rare. Sometimes it's 2 or 3. I have got 3 exotics so far from major events. 1 from Tequati trash, 1 from Tequati chest and the last from Maw chest 2 days ago. The drops seem to be better after the 28th patch. I normally make about 1g per day on a couple of major events with 1 char. Takes about 30 minutes to get 3 of them in or so (excluding Jormag).

Dragon timers linked above is normally very accurate but relies on people saying when the event last finished.

---------- Post added 2013-03-03 at 07:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I've only gotten 1 exotic drop in the whole 6+ months I've played the game, across all of my characters.
    As I said in my previous post. I have gotten 3 so far. Most valuable was a 10g staff. I have done 2 or 3 events every day that I have played since launch day so I have done a lot of events.

Okay, it's been an hour and I still can't loot the Harathi chest a second time, even after guesting on another server. More importantly, I discovered that half of the rares I looted were level 40 ones, so yeah. I think you just got really lucky, carnifex. You are talking about the one up in the NE corner, Cloven Hoof WP?

Okay, it's been an hour and I still can't loot the Harathi chest a second time, even after guesting on another server. More importantly, I discovered that half of the rares I looted were level 40 ones, so yeah. I think you just got really lucky, carnifex. You are talking about the one up in the NE corner, Cloven Hoof WP?
    Yes that's the chest. Too bad. I could have sworn I did loot that chest twice after doing that event but it was a while ago. As for getting level 40 loot, I'm pretty surprised at that. Guess I did get very lucky.

I have four level 80 characters. It's gotten so that I now use a spreadsheet to track what character has hit what event.

Yes that's the chest. Too bad. I could have sworn I did loot that chest twice after doing that event but it was a while ago. As for getting level 40 loot, I'm pretty surprised at that. Guess I did get very lucky.

I have four level 80 characters. It's gotten so that I now use a spreadsheet to track what character has hit what event.
    You used to be able to loot the chest every time you completed the event. It only changed on the 28th of Feb. On the rare side, I have only once received low level gear. Most times it's between 70 and 80. You do get level appropriate loot so if you complete the event with a level 40 then you could get that level loot.

I did it with 5 level 80s and one level 79 (not that one level should have made a difference). The chest actually isn't linked to the Ulgoth (or Kol) events. As long as the centaurs don't own the northern camps it's there all the time. It used to be on a 20 minute timer for opening it, which is why people have the impression it is tied to the events since there's a 20-minute time lapse between Ulgoth's death and the next assault on Junction Camp.

The Ulgoth chain has broken more than once on my server, one time was right before Ulgoth was due to appear (and never did). I parked a couple of my 80s out there during that time and I was able to loot the chest every 5 minutes as long as someone else wasn't in the area. Whenever other people were around the chest either didn't respawn or went back onto its 20 minute timer.

I'm not really sure what's going on with the chest now. It does seem guaranteed to give at least one rare, but you're not guaranteed to get a high level one. The chest also isn't respawning after first opening, so it may be affected by the new chest timer or it may be because there are always people in the area now. However, I'm going to go with the former because after 2 hours it should have respawned regardless of other players.

I probably should make a spreadsheet, but 6x Maw & Ele takes up most of my time and isn't that hard to keep track of so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Crafting the green mats also works. So it's 20 green crafts in total including the mats.
    Could you explain this to me? :/
    My highest lvl profession is 20 or something...

As you level crafting, you will start to learn how to make green 'upgrade' materials that can be used in crafting items. So when you make a sword, you'll have the blade, the grip and the upgrade, which makes a sword with +toughness/+vitality, for example.

greens are masterwork quality items, so anything that says masterwork in your crafting item lists will work

I want to say that they don't start appearing until crafting level 125, don't quote me on that though

greens are masterwork quality items, so anything that says masterwork in your crafting item lists will work

I want to say that they don't start appearing until crafting level 125, don't quote me on that though
    Actually you can get masterwork items at crafting level 50. I got the monthly requirement by making Bronze Plated Dowels. Very easy if you have lots of copper and green wood.

Actually you can get masterwork items at crafting level 50. I got the monthly requirement by making Bronze Plated Dowels. Very easy if you have lots of copper and green wood.
    ah well there you go, I'm probably thinking of the rare crafted items

I completed all of mine with my jeweler, took about 5 minutes to get it done

10+ Year Old Account
    ah well there you go, I'm probably thinking of the rare crafted items

Yup, 125 is when you can make your first rare, not masterwork.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I took the opportunity to level my Leatherworking from 50. Hit the monthly limit by about 200, if I recall correctly.

Really nice monthly this month.

Next month will make up for this month. It will be fractals, dungeons, WvW kills, and sPvP wins