Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Those are two of the devs that post in the forums. Other devs post in the forums as well, and there are others that don't even post in the forums.

What's your point? I'm quite confused here.
    Well im just wrong then aren't i, rift is just peachy and perfect :/

and my point was a direct reply to your question about where the 2 person thing derives from. Rift has 2 class developers - and a general overseer in Daglar, nothing more nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedDeeps View Post

and my point was a direct reply to your question about where the 2 person thing derives from. Rift has 2 class developers - and a general overseer in Daglar, nothing more nothing less.
    Do you think those are the only developers or something? I'm still confused.

There is also an encounter developer, probably a developer in charge of warfronts, cq, crafting, itemization........We just don't hear from the rest of these people very often if at all. I am sure some of them do more than 1 of those things as well, but still, there are more, it's just only the class devs you really need to have direct contact with. The rest goes through Daglar or previously Scott Hartsman. Just because you don't see them does not mean they do not exist.

While maybe not perfect, it is just peachy.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ...I didn't realize only 2 people were responsible for everything I see in the game. No one else does art, or programming, or any development of any kind other than those two...

BRB, need to go cancel my subscription before this information hits my brain
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Do you think those are the only developers or something? I'm still confused.
    No but it is funny seeing you all go defense mode, anyway worry not, wont be bugging you no more, since im obviously clueless about the game am rite.
    See you in game if you're in EU, ill be busy taking region firsts there.

10+ Year Old Account
    No but it is funny seeing you all go defense mode
    Imagines situation that didn't exist
    anyway worry not, wont be bugging you no more, since im obviously clueless about the game am rite.
    Don't really even know...?
    Follows up with an awkward assertion of video game dominance.

Now I honestly need to ask what you're talking about because you're making no sense. Why are you so angry that everyone but you knows there are more than 2 people working on Rift?
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Why are you so angry that everyone but you knows there are more than 2 people working on Rift?
    I imagine the response would be:

I pays subscription fees and only Zubryrzm, goaitcrawlers and Bishiokis wokrs on the game. Its NOT fair.

Nevermind the fact that we're getting a new patch dropped in what may be as soon as a week :/
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

No but it is funny seeing you all go defense mode, anyway worry not, wont be bugging you no more, since im obviously clueless about the game am rite.
    Not defensive, but sadly you hear those kinds of statements made in all seriousness from people, so I'm trying to clarify (both the reality and that I'm reading what you are typing correctly).

Deleted
    Not defensive, but sadly you hear those kinds of statements made in all seriousness from people, so I'm trying to clarify (both the reality and that I'm reading what you are typing correctly).

I think what the poster was referring to is the fact that the class lead devs used to be 4 and have recently become 2. 1 takes care of cleric and mage and the other is responsible for rogues and warriors. Although not the only devs working on Rift, i believe that these are responsible for the thankless job of balancing and class changes.

Losing Atrius was no great loss for Warriors.

Deleted
    I don't play a warrior but i always felt that they were handled with the delicacy of a sledge hammer, some really sloppy and quick changes made - they had a roller coaster of a ride. I am hopeful that the recent changes will be overall better.

I think my biggest con was leveling from 50-60 it fell terrible to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hippodotimus View Post
    Can you elaborate on why you feel that way?

Other than the fact that a lot of people say it seems like it takes forever, most people tend to think that it's designed fairly well. It gives much more variety than most games in terms of how you can level, but you have to take advantage of that variety. It's not passively charted out for you.
    BAD WOLF

57+ was what was terrible, before that it seemed ok-ish to me. What was a pain for me, but people would not be experiencing anymore, is that when I hit 57-60 there were not a lot of people there yet, so there was noone to do GHunts and Onslaughts with. I ran out of quests and had noone to do those side activities with yet. These are things you are going to have to grind at 60 for rep anyway, especially GHunts, so once you are 58ish you can head to Ashora, get a guildie to banner you to the Ports and join a GHunt group. You can get some decent gear(especially lessers), good XP, a lot of Planarite and some IS as well. Great way to pass a half a level or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Great way to pass a half a level or so.
    I got three levels that way! 300k per GHR. It was awesome!

I agree, the relative time investment was too large for a game so heavily focused on end-game content. Thankfully they offered a good variety of activities and different ways of gaining experience, and I thought it was a good change in direction compared to how leveling in classic went. Not quite as good as Ember Isle (too many carnage quests IMO), but a drastic improvement over classic.

Had they cut the total time down by 15-20% it would have been much more palatable to people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azama View Post
    I don't play a warrior but i always felt that they were handled with the delicacy of a sledge hammer, some really sloppy and quick changes made - they had a roller coaster of a ride. I am hopeful that the recent changes will be overall better.
    Cant get any worse hahaha.

Man my biggest con is trying to get my 26 Mage into SL content. Leveling a new toon is brutal right now, basically your choices are IA's or IA's hahaha. Questing and Rifting, good luck.... LFD pops take about an hour and if you lose your tank good luck getting people to stick out the queue.

I cant wait to get back to Dusken and Brevane.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Man my biggest con is trying to get my 26 Mage into SL content. Leveling a new toon is brutal right now, basically your choices are IA's or IA's hahaha. Questing and Rifting, good luck.... LFD pops take about an hour and if you lose your tank good luck getting people to stick out the queue.

I cant wait to get back to Dusken and Brevane.
    Yeah, I started leveling with a few friends and IA's are really the only way to go. There are a fair number of rifts you can close while doing IA's, but leveling is pretty barren. It's definitely an issue that they need to find a way to address since it can be a big turnoff for new players.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I'm the only one that really gets into questing and the lore of games then...I didn't touch IA's at all while leveling my first character and haven't done it on my first alt either. I love the zone storylines and flow. Even in WoW I would rather quest than farm dungeons and battlegrounds nonstop.

Call me oldschool, idk.
    BAD WOLF