Pros:
    See first post.

Cons:
    Worthless PvP
    Really shitty engine
    Useless Rogue dev

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I guess I'm the only one that really gets into questing and the lore of games then...I didn't touch IA's at all while leveling my first character and haven't done it on my first alt either. I love the zone storylines and flow. Even in WoW I would rather quest than farm dungeons and battlegrounds nonstop.

Call me oldschool, idk.
    Ive never been a big lore guy. However, I play Defiant because to me they have the better background story. But I love group play, I play games for their social rewards more so than the lore. I leave that to the fantasy book series and movies I enjoy.

I guess I'm the only one that really gets into questing and the lore of games then...I didn't touch IA's at all while leveling my first character and haven't done it on my first alt either. I love the zone storylines and flow. Even in WoW I would rather quest than farm dungeons and battlegrounds nonstop.

Call me oldschool, idk.
    My alt is leveling entirely through questing only, no IA, Dungeons or PvP. My main was done before there was pre-45 IA's and was done mostly via Dungeons, with some PvP at x8 and x9 levels, both done with a static group however. Questing solo definitely feels slower than before, but then I had a static group so our dungeon ques were instant. Leveling purely via questing with 3 gathering professions is not bad at all though. I am having a lot of fun doing it, and able to send mats I gather to my main to make really good leveling gear. The crafted stuff is really really good. If you don't have a main though, fear not, either get a guildy to make you stuff with your mats or just sell your mats on AH and buy the crafted gear there as well. I even see other people leveling via questing or IA groups while I am out and about. It is somewhat barren, but I generally see 2-3 other people around the quest hubs and when I stop for a Rift, at least 1 other person usually comes along.

Call me oldschool, idk.
    Pretty much same for me. I really enjoyed the zone storylines and even stayed behind to complete them even after I had leveled and the rewards were not worth it.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

10+ Year Old Account
    I would instant play rift, but i can't handle the boring character design. :/

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    Pretty much same for me. I really enjoyed the zone storylines and even stayed behind to complete them even after I had leveled and the rewards were not worth it.
    Me too. I couldn't help it. Some of the zones were so well done I wanted to do every single thing possible. Then there's all the achievements...part of me wanted to just stop and do every zone on my way and reach 60 whenever, but then the itch got to me and I blasted through SL.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually worried what people are saying about levelling... Just built a new gaming PC so was tempted to try Rift again (Was crappy on my old setup). But I prefer speed levelling then going back casually to achievement hunt. Is it that bad levelling now as a new player on questing/rifts/long wait for dungeon?
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapetos View Post
    Actually worried what people are saying about levelling... Just built a new gaming PC so was tempted to try Rift again (Was crappy on my old setup). But I prefer speed levelling then going back casually to achievement hunt. Is it that bad levelling now as a new player on questing/rifts/long wait for dungeon?
    Not really, you can do IAs or PvP and it's fairly quick, even solo. Faster in large groups though, definitely pick a busy server for leveling, you can transfer for free later. It's even faster if you subscribe and get the bonus XP vials.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will give it a shot, struggling to get back into WoW anymore, so need something to tie me until I get to give Elder Scrolls online a try, and Marvel Heroes onlne.
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

The leveling process only slows down in the expansion around level 52-53ish. Everything before then is very fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling with rest XP makes a world of difference too. I didn't have that luxury all my rest XP was gone at lvl 52 or there about. I was told that the veteran XP vials were broken at the launch of SL and they actually had a negative effect on the leveling process It left a bad taste in my mouth using up err I think 20+ of them just to make my leveling experience that much harder.....GG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapetos View Post
    Its a little rough around the edges for the 1-50 content, no lie. Your pretty much locked into hour long queues for dungeons and IA's are the fastest XP. The IA's do get boring but if you can get through to 50 and start SL content its totally worth it. Sometimes the IA groups will do the zone events so I guess its not always boring, but just be prepared especially coming from WoW that leveling in the original content right now is a lot of what it was like to level in WoW through old content at the beginning of Wrath. But the plus side is you do have a LFG tool so you can see the early content dungeons.

I have never been in queue for a dungeon in Rift for an hour. Ever.

That's as either DPS, tank, support and healer. And I also play at off peak hours like early morning and the middle of the night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I have never been in queue for a dungeon in Rift for an hour. Ever.

That's as either DPS, tank, support and healer. And I also play at off peak hours like early morning and the middle of the night.
    I have been on my rogue qued up as bard & DPS in the level 40ish range back in the day. At max level as DPS I came close in SL but there wasn't a ton of people at lvl 60 yet but at max level yeah I don't recall any lengthy wait times beyond 20+ mins even as DPS.

Don't care about Rogues.