Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    From my perspective this decision seems incredibly difficult but extremely obvious so allowing a billion people to die, for a completely selfish cause has absolutely no reasonable justification. However I'm not a parent, children is your everything, the reason you live everyday so if you're so manipulated by the love for your child that you're not unable to see this from a bigger perspective I understand.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 06:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GreatSageCorban View Post
    It's kind of obvious who has children and who doesn't.
    Haha yep indeed.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 06:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    I don't have a child so I don't know. If it were my women ... the whole world would burn ;-(
    If you care that much about your woman, you would probably care 10 times more about a child.

"Prevent" as in fight on the front lites? Or "Prevent" as in "sacrificed in a weird ritual and thus ending the chance of a nuclear war in the near future."?

Because if it's the former, screw that. If it's the latter whereing my child dies in exchange for 90% of the world not becoming an irradiated wasteland for the next thousand years, yeah, I'd do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    Blizzard removed my subscription from WoD's features, it'll be added sometime later.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

Herald of the Titans Geminiwolf's Avatar
    Well either way the kid and the rest of us are probably going to die from this war so I would just keep my kid and watch the world burn while telling my son/daughter "you see kid, this is why we can't have nice things".
    “Ever wonder why ice cubes taste so boring? It’s cuz you make ‘em outta stupid water, you bimbo! Put some fruit juice in there and freeze it into ice cubes, and put THAT in your milk.”
    "One small mankind and I'm gonna leap the heck outta this moon rocket." - Kneel Aurmstrang
    For your health.

In the end, we're all going to die anyways, so I figure I should just sit back, and watch the world born. Spend the final moments with my first born instead of sacrificing them.

Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    So you say that people who would sacrifice their children in order to save humanity is stupid and shouldn't reproduce? Then it appears I'm a real shitty person because i care about people other than myself. I say myself because you wouldn't do that for the kid, you would do it for yourself. Because I doubt any kid would want to live in a dead world never to experience anything greater than the daily fight for survival.

You should think about what would happen to the kid. The kid would have to live his/her life knowing that he/she was the reason theres no longer any life left. Then after a while you (the parent) would die and the kid would be forced to wander the wastelands by herself. So by saving your kid you would essentially condem him/her to a living hell.

Also let me say that I hate kids but I don't doubt I would love my own more than anything in the world. However there is a limit to what you can do for your kid.

Btw in order to do this must mean you value your self and your kids life (however empty it maybe) over the life of billions. That to me is crazy.
    Your failure to read is amazing.....I said people who had children and then say they hate even their own are shit people.