Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It's kind of obvious who has children and who doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    It is. A person can never fully understand how much a person loves their child until they have one themselves. Many people on here claim they "hate" children, but one day when they have their own, they will realize how precious their child is to them. They will finally understand how they would do anything to protect them and keep them save. They will even discover that they would sacrifices themselves to make sure no harm comes to their child.

Granted, there are some real shit people out there, but the majority of parents would do anything to save their child and would never do them any harm. If there are some people on here saying that they would even hate their own children....well, they are part of those shit people in the world and let's hope they never reproduce (intentionally or by accident).
    I agree. I would do literally anything to keep my children safe. It's not that I want to see the world burn, but my children are that much more important than anything else in this world, even if you combine everyone else together, its not even close.

Deleted
    I don't have the mentality of a parent, so I'm unable to answer that question. But hypothetically, sacrificing the kid is the obvious choice here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a child so I don't know. If it were my women ... the whole world would burn ;-(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    don't be hating on me now. I'm celebrating my first full week of not being banned. You are bad ju-ju
    You are... congrats.. but... looks like you are banned, again... I wonder what it is you are saying/doing that is causing that... so I can avoid doing that.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    It is. A person can never fully understand how much a person loves their child until they have one themselves. Many people on here claim they "hate" children, but one day when they have their own, they will realize how precious their child is to them. They will finally understand how they would do anything to protect them and keep them save. They will even discover that they would sacrifices themselves to make sure no harm comes to their child.

Granted, there are some real shit people out there, but the majority of parents would do anything to save their child and would never do them any harm. If there are some people on here saying that they would even hate their own children....well, they are part of those shit people in the world and let's hope they never reproduce (intentionally or by accident).
    So you say that people who would sacrifice their children in order to save humanity is stupid and shouldn't reproduce? Then it appears I'm a real shitty person because i care about people other than myself. I say myself because you wouldn't do that for the kid, you would do it for yourself. Because I doubt any kid would want to live in a dead world never to experience anything greater than the daily fight for survival.

You should think about what would happen to the kid. The kid would have to live his/her life knowing that he/she was the reason theres no longer any life left. Then after a while you (the parent) would die and the kid would be forced to wander the wastelands by herself. So by saving your kid you would essentially condem him/her to a living hell.

Also let me say that I hate kids but I don't doubt I would love my own more than anything in the world. However there is a limit to what you can do for your kid.

Btw in order to do this must mean you value your self and your kids life (however empty it maybe) over the life of billions. That to me is crazy.
    Last edited by mmoca9bf05c4ed; 2013-02-07 at 07:34 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    My kid's the chosen one, ALIGHT!

Yeah I'd off him, his life had a purpose - a good one. GLORY!

Elysia's epic sig skillz

Deleted
    Yes, it would not be easy but it would be the best choice. It would be incredibly sad to give up my child but I could not save mine only to spend the rest of my life looking at other mothers and fathers who lost theirs.

Deleted
    Oh, and another one of these. "So, would you go on a sociopathic shoot-out at your local school, in order to prevent a giant meteor striking the planet earth and decimating much of the inhabitants?"

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    These hypotheticals always piss me off on MMO-C threads because you get 3 types of people:

1) people who don't understand what hypotheticals are
    2) people who bring in their own agendas and rant behind them
    3) the few who get it

Fuck.
    I'm guessing you are number 2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Swargle View Post
    Absolutely not.
    To clarify a little. If the world were in such a state that it needs to sacrifice a 3 year old to save it, the world is f cked anyway. and deserves to end.

Sacrifice. As long as my cat survives.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    They will finally understand how they would do anything to protect them and keep them save. They will even discover that they would sacrifices themselves to make sure no harm comes to their child.
    I would sacrifice myself to save my younger siblings.

Deleted

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Star Trek II

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd sacrifice my child, and all the other kids I can find.
    I hate wars much more than I hate children.

I'm not a father so I can't really comment, but I doubt I would.

Deleted

I agree, but looking at how many more children would die or loose their homes/family because of my decision, it's tricky. These kind of things are always hard to answer but right now, having no children, I would do it for the sake of so many other children.

From my perspective this decision seems incredibly difficult but extremely obvious so allowing a billion people to die, for a completely selfish cause has absolutely no reasonable justification. However I'm not a parent, children is your everything, the reason you live everyday so if you're so manipulated by the love for your child that you're not unable to see this from a bigger perspective I understand.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 06:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GreatSageCorban View Post
    It's kind of obvious who has children and who doesn't.
    Haha yep indeed.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 06:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    I don't have a child so I don't know. If it were my women ... the whole world would burn ;-(
    If you care that much about your woman, you would probably care 10 times more about a child.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Prevent" as in fight on the front lites? Or "Prevent" as in "sacrificed in a weird ritual and thus ending the chance of a nuclear war in the near future."?

Because if it's the former, screw that. If it's the latter whereing my child dies in exchange for 90% of the world not becoming an irradiated wasteland for the next thousand years, yeah, I'd do that.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.