So whats the real story?

I came across this on the Euro forums and while the tone of the OP is a bit off it does bring a interesting answer from a blue and generates another question to have answered.

Question:
    LFR loot system is a joke, really. I've looted a couple of items 2 times already, and T14 head and shoulders 3 times. Instead of giving us duplicates the whole time, fix your lootsystem so we actually receive items that we still need and benefit us.
    Blue Answer:
    That's not the point of the LFR loot system. It's not mean to conveniently help you fill your gear slots with what you're missing. Is a different loot system from what we're used to see, but, as in any other loot system, it might take a while before you see the item you want finally drop.
    Source:http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...tem-seriously/

So my question is: What is the point of the LFR loot system then?

If its not for filling in slots, then whats the point?
    Well GC countless times swears that LFR is only for people to see content in the game that they otherwise would be unable to see...
    OK, so LFR is not for gearing slots you still need and its for just being able to see content!
    If thats true, why does LFR drop loot at all then?

Its typical Blizz double talk to me... lets be real, when it was first introduced in Cata you had so many of the top guilds exploiting LFR for the tier pieces and weapons to expedite progression in the race to server firsts... sure seems like gearing was the point then.

It sure seems like using LFR for gear to supplement what you have is the point now... or else each person would only run it one time to see the content and thats it...

Lets look at an example:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...loggins/simple

One of the best players in the world in one of the top guilds in the world, look at the times LFR was run in DS... 20 to 30 times to get gear, Mop running up to 10 times on some bosses clearly looking for specific gear of specific bosses...

This is how LFR is used by people that raid, so if its not designed to do this then again... whats the point of it?

I find it wildly amusing that they would say loot is not what the LFR is for but, its all its used for past the very first time you run it... and Blizz is actually trying to say that its not??

10+ Year Old Account
    The Gm means that you won't get always the item you want, the point of LFR is not to get 1 item everytime you go, is to be able to see the content... and if that's the case why would it need loot, you may ask, well is to let the people that want to see the content feel that they are progressing in the game, and not stuck in the same place.

10+ Year Old Account
    The key word in that blue post was "conveniently". The person they responded to wanted drops to always be beneficial. The blue responded that the point wasn't to give you exactly what you need. LFR loot is intended to be random, just as actual gear drops are random.

10+ Year Old Account
    The "Point" is to make it impossible to cheat the system and stack the odds in your favor by having freinds roll for you or roll on things you're not supposed to have. Simple enough?

You can blame the players for this. It was so wide spread during the one LFR Cata had that players demanded a new loot system to stop it.
    Last edited by Time Sage; 2013-02-07 at 12:55 AM.

Because you will always get duplicate and redundant drops that no one ever needs in regular raiding too. That's how it goes. The only difference is stuff is awarded discretely in LFR and if you're not an enchanted you get to vendor it. If LFR gave you everything you needed then it wouldn't be random loot, it'd be guaranteed loot, just a matter of when...

considering that LFR is more for gearing up now than ever, especially in the next patch without the addition of dungeons to catch up in gear ilvl, I don't see why it's a big deal to not give you duplicate items.

I mean, it's crappy LFR gear. No one is going to care if it doesn't give you dupe items. And you'll get an item in a normal raid FAR quicker than you will in a LFR, unless you're really lucky... if that's supposed to be some silly ploy to go OH, well I guess you should do normal raids! Well, I guess if you didn't offer any gear at all I might. Maybe I'd just waste all of my time grinding rep and dungeons for valor and buy gear that's far superior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Because you will always get duplicate and redundant drops that no one ever needs in regular raiding too. That's how it goes. The only difference is stuff is awarded discretely in LFR and if you're not an enchanted you get to vendor it. If LFR gave you everything you needed then it wouldn't be random loot, it'd be guaranteed loot, just a matter of when...
    Also this. I remember raids back during wrath where stuff would drop, but no one in the party needed it or even wanted it (Like a tier token every party member already had or couldn't use) I had the same thing happen to me in LFR last night, got the same token I already have a piece for.
    Quote Originally Posted by chocobo606 View Post
    considering that LFR is more for gearing up now than ever, especially in the next patch without the addition of dungeons to catch up in gear ilvl, I don't see why it's a big deal to not give you duplicate items.

I mean, it's crappy LFR gear. No one is going to care if it doesn't give you dupe items. And you'll get an item in a normal raid FAR quicker than you will in a LFR, unless you're really lucky... if that's supposed to be some silly ploy to go OH, well I guess you should do normal raids! Well, I guess if you didn't offer any gear at all I might. Maybe I'd just waste all of my time grinding rep and dungeons for valor and buy gear that's far superior.
    It's actully about the same in terms of how much you get I'd imagine. You just SEE gear you can win more often in a nomral raid, you don't always get it. (Unless for some crazy reason your raiding group only has, say, one caster and that's you)
    Last edited by Time Sage; 2013-02-07 at 01:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, its a pretty poor argument saying you expect people to do content and run instances and not have a chance at getting something from it.

LFR is on the same level as LFG and doing heroic dungeons with that tool, you get rewards for that, and you get rewards for LFR too.

Why does it even bother you? If you don't like the idea of people you don't even know getting gear from a looking for raid feature, then don't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    Well GC countless times swears that LFR is only for people to see content in the game that they otherwise would be unable to see...
    OK, so LFR is not for gearing slots you still need and its for just being able to see content!
    If thats true, why does LFR drop loot at all then?
    If LFR didn't drop loot, how would non-raiders gear up for the next tier of LFR?

10+ Year Old Account
    The point of lfr is to let casual pve players see the content that normally is only available to regular scrub pve heroes.

It's for multiple reasons, some more important than others, some collateral benefits. Stop trying to force everything into such a myopic and shallow context as if you've caught someone in a falsehood. Either you've got a chip on your shoulder making you biased and reacting to any blood in the water you imagine is there, or you seem to have an issue with understanding sophisticated concepts like "context".
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW