Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

how will we ever kill healers? how?

All i want to know is how can a rogue kill healers these days? they instant heal insane non stop, my favorite is the monk i love that class it is op as hell, so patch will be out soon, rogues that play ptr can pls tell me how can they kill there healers, i really wont to know, or any other class for that matter?

Deleted
    Even during our "prime time" in 4.3, killing healers as a rogue simply didn't seem doable. I just don't think our kit is very "anti-healer". We lack the consistent heavy burst damage that is required. Death Knights or Warriors are much better for such tasks, they simply deal immense amounts of damage with each attack, relentlessly assaulting their opponents with several 100k+ hits. We just can't match that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    Even during our "prime time" in 4.3, killing healers as a rogue simply didn't seem doable. I just don't think our kit is very "anti-healer". We lack the consistent heavy burst damage that is required. Death Knights or Warriors are much better for such tasks, they simply deal immense amounts of damage with each attack, relentlessly assaulting their opponents with several 100k+ hits. We just can't match that.
    Don't forget we DK's can slow casting speed AND absorb heals

OT: I haven't had a problem being killed by rogues on my healer. What kind of weapon are you using?

Not to point out the obvious here, but you're not supposed to be able to kill a healer 1 on 1. That's been Blizzard's stance for a while now.

As for what to do, not too sure. Interrupt, use disruption poisons, or bring a friend, that's all I can suggest.

I have found a way to kill a Druid heals in random BGs.... First have somebody transform you into a bunny then make sure you are able to FoK then go stealth and burst him down ASAP. Works untill you get hit and lose your bunny suit... True facts. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fellaand View Post
    I have found a way to kill a Druid heals in random BGs.... First have somebody transform you into a bunny then make sure you are able to FoK then go stealth and burst him down ASAP. Works untill you get hit and lose your bunny suit... True facts. Lol
    Could you even explain why that works?

Well, me and one of my guildies were just goofing around, and literally I was able to kill 3 healers doing it... I have 0 pvp gear nor do I pvp full time, and I would just stun chain and blew all my CDs, it was like they ignored me just because I was a rabbit till they were half dead. Then we're like crap, but by that point I was already stun chaining so they were screwed. Don't know if we just got some noob healers, or what but it worked.
    Last edited by Fellaand; 2013-02-10 at 11:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've found Rogues to be more of a disruption class this season, whist a second class comes in and does the damage.

Agree with the above point that if you're looking to go against healers it's a 2v1 deal.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

No class can 1v1 a good healer. Luckily this game isn't about 1v1.

The control we provide is more than enough to land kills. Just don't expect to be the one doing the damage.

you're not supposed to be able to 1v1 a healer..

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    You won't be able to 1v1, but in 5.2 Paralytic and Nerve Strike both are pretty nice for taking down healers. But long story short you can't solo a healer, but in 3's grab a heavy damage partner such as a Hunter or Mage and you're golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    No class can 1v1 a good healer. Luckily this game isn't about 1v1.
    You say that, but we all know certain classes do it when the stars align....

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    You say that, but we all know certain classes do it when the stars align....
    I think the exception is a Frost Mage...stars don't really have to line up just eat the healers CDs. Frost Mages are shorter. But yah, FDK, ele Shaman, MM Hunter...if the stars align they can take down a healer before the healer knew what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Lirina View Post
    I think the exception is a Frost Mage...stars don't really have to line up just eat the healers CDs. Frost Mages are shorter. But yah, FDK, ele Shaman, MM Hunter...if the stars align they can take down a healer before the healer knew what happened.
    Currently:
    Warrior
    Frost Mage

In 5.2:
    Rogue
    Frost Mage
    Monk

Probably some others as well.

Deleted
    Currently:
    Warrior
    Frost Mage

In 5.2:
    Rogue
    Frost Mage
    Monk

Probably some others as well.
    Wait, what!?
    Our damage output is, literally, unchanged come 5.2 - we've only gained some added opening-burst, followed by what we're currently capable of dishing out. Why/how do we suddenly become A-class predators?

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    Wait, what!?
    Our damage output is, literally, unchanged come 5.2 - we've only gained some added opening-burst, followed by what we're currently capable of dishing out. Why/how do we suddenly become A-class predators?
    Um. Be more specific. Which of those classes are you?

Rogues are killing people in 3 seconds. Not 1500 scrubs either. 2200+ healers get dropped in a dance.
    Frost mage is frost mage is frost mage.
    I'm not going to spoil what monks are like on the ptr. Just imagine a truck armed with decent cc.

DKs are probably the best class against Healers, Rogues just lack the high-hit burst that Warriors and DKs have.

Deleted
    Um. Be more specific. Which of those classes are you?

Rogues are killing people in 3 seconds. Not 1500 scrubs either. 2200+ healers get dropped in a dance.
    Frost mage is frost mage is frost mage.
    I'm not going to spoil what monks are like on the ptr. Just imagine a truck armed with decent cc.
    Well, seeing as these are the rogue boards I thought it was a given, but very well...
    Does one tier increase in ilvl really boost our burst by THAT much? Seems hard to believe.

try sub - it helps alot. im doing pretty decent on healers actually (apart from disc priest sadly but then again it all depends). subterfuge is a must me thinks. premedation and SnD before jumpin on to the healer, cheap shot, ambush, rupture (glyphed), out of stealth and full on CPs, kidney, dance, some ambushes, second rupture, second kidney, arcane torrent (nomnom BE) and 2-3 eviscerates (if still alive) and thats pretty much it. throwin a bomb if someone try to save him... thats the ideal situation ofc it all depends. typin this just to prove that u can pretty much control a healer. kick is useful too

Open up with premed>SnD>Cheap Shot>Shadow Dance>Ambush>Rupture>Ambushx2>Evis>Garrote>Ambush>Ambush>Evis> and in 5.2 Marked for Death> Evis. That will be enough to make any healer shit their pants.
    "Knock the world right off it's feet, and straight onto it's head."

http://http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Elargee/simple