Accessibility to old LFR Mog sets?

Anyone heard any rumors about this or have any ideas? Cause I'm finding it frustrating...

I have a mage alt I turned exp off of at lvl 85 because I REALLY love how the Time Lord set looks. Specifically the LFR color set. Sadly... I was behind the curve in making that decision, having been focused on my Warlock main.

So far... the maximum number of people I've seen in the queue is 4. Including myself. Usually it's 2. Including myself. I lvl battle pets and look back at it and wonder what more productive things I could be doing on my main.

I feel like I can't level him because I really want that set. Shame too, as he's my highest Ally toon (really should add em to my sig). I enjoy my mage and it's sad having him just sitting there in limbo like this... I'm on the verge of giving up and turning his exp back on. Ugh, I love those steampunk shoulders so much though...

As things stand, those mog sets are pretty inaccessible now. I don't know enough people Alliance side to get an entire raid to queue with me on LFR and everyone else has moved on to bigger and better things. We could really use another way to get these pieces. Or more incentive to do old raids. Something.

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

This is where it really helps to have some like-minded friends. It's not a bad idea but I don't Blizzard will implement it because they like to keep as much end-game attention centralized on the newest content being released, for obvious reasons. You're going to have to do it the old fashioned way for now; advertising in cities or grabbing a tank and healer friend and going from there.

What they could do is at the end of each expansion, convert the cost of the LFR sets to VP or JP so that we can at leas buy them without the token for mogging purposes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    This is where it really helps to have some like-minded friends. It's not a bad idea but I don't Blizzard will implement it because they like to keep as much end-game attention centralized on the newest content being released, for obvious reasons. You're going to have to do it the old fashioned way for now; advertising in cities or grabbing a tank and healer friend and going from there.
    Except that once you level past 85 it's literally impossible to go back and get those sets. Dragon Soul LFR isn't available to non-85s. The only way to get them is to park your character at 85 and run DS week after week until you get all the pieces, then continue to level.

Blizzard really should make them purchasable with Justice Points.

I find it incredibly silly that if they continue not letting us purchase past LFR sets, that it'll become rarer than heroic raid sets in the future.
    Thank you to Serrin for the signature!
    PC Stuffs: i7-4790K | Z97X-SLI | 16GB DDR3-1866 | GTX-780 | 256GB Samsung EVO | 1TB WD Blue | SuperNOVA 650 Gold | Fractal r4 Blackout | Dark Rock Pro 3

Tired of ppl crying. I wish they removed mog altogether. Wearing 5 year old same old same old stuff is boring, makes the dev time go ot waste when they design new sets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    Tired of ppl crying. I wish they removed mog altogether. Wearing 5 year old same old same old stuff is boring, makes the dev time go ot waste when they design new sets.
    Your opinion on the matter is irrelevant to what the OP is asking.

In addition, some of us dislike wearing mismatched clown tier outfits. But hey, if you do, no one is forcing you to transmog your gear into something that matches.

To the original Poster, I'd suggest firing up a topic on the official forums about it. I'm sure you'll drum up some support.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Your opinion on the matter is irrelevant to what the OP is asking.

In addition, some of us dislike wearing mismatched clown tier outfits. But hey, if you do, no one is forcing you to transmog your gear into something that matches.

To the original Poster, I'd suggest firing up a topic on the official forums about it. I'm sure you'll drum up some support.
    It is very relevant in that he is asking for a lazy way to get mog sets and crying here on forums. And I am sick and tired of the LAZY people who keep asking for stuff that is already available for those who are willing to put in the effort.

Deleted
    It is very relevant in that he is asking for a lazy way to get mog sets and crying here on forums. And I am sick and tired of the LAZY people who keep asking for stuff that is already available for those who are willing to put in the effort.

Did you not read the bit, where they said they've been queuing, but there's no1 else in the queue?

IE, they're trying not to be lazy, but have no choice in the matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because running LFR is the pinnacle of effort, dedication, and skill.

It isn't a "lazy" way that's being proposed, it's a "not stupidly restrictive way" of obtaining gear from content that was previously readily accessible to everyone easily.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-02-07 at 05:37 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Converting it to justice points would certainly be nice. Or if they really want to keep it raid only, let us use current raid tokens for the older sets too. Any option would be nice.

First: She.

Second: Who's crying? It's a legitimate question.

Third: Lazy how? What is the non-lazy way to get old LFR gear sets at this point with no one else in the queue? Please, enlighten me.
    Last edited by Roulette Kneebasha; 2013-02-07 at 05:59 AM.

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

Are you joking? Like, seriously?

This was a feature PINED after for YEARS by the Community, and you want it removed when it was released just a bit over a year ago?

C'mon. You have to be kidding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Haha you really didn't read or didn;t understand what op is talking about; you just wanted your point of lazy people readable here?

OT: I also hope for some way to get missing pieces of lfr sets. Very annoying if you really like the set and in the end 1 or 2 pieces missing.
    Leaving your char on 85 will be a problem as other move on. You can queue but it is incredibly hard to find others.

10+ Year Old Account
    i was wondering that too, ive post on the official forum about that and didn't get any answer to my question like someone said, having it available to buy via justice point would make sense.. since they are so useful atm

Yeah, no word on general for me either. :/ Someone did say this though:

"Blizzard has said they are working on stat normalization for characters the way it currently works for gear in Challenge Modes. Once they get that squared, expect to see old content explode all over your LFR list. "

Seems like a leap and it sure isn't a blue post or guarantee, but fingers crossed! JP gear, letting 90s access it, any option would be wonderful! As it is, old LFR gear is literally inaccessible.

Really, I just want to know when I can level my mage and still have a shot at that gear! As a Steampunk fan and a Whovian, I must has! And I just don't like the other color set of it as much as the LFR one.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 02:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Haha you really didn't read or didn;t understand what op is talking about; you just wanted your point of lazy people readable here?

OT: I also hope for some way to get missing pieces of lfr sets. Very annoying if you really like the set and in the end 1 or 2 pieces missing.
    Leaving your char on 85 will be a problem as other move on. You can queue but it is incredibly hard to find others.
    I guess he was just feeling too lazy to read the post?

And yeah! It would be cool if we could go back and get missing pieces on higher level characters too. I never did complete the set on my Warlock before leveling and thought about holding out to give it a shot when Mists dropped but I was too eager to see the new content and level alongside my guildies. Course with the sweet season 13 Lock set I'm not sweating my Lock's future mog... Dem shoulders!

Right now, it's really impossible to get in to Cata LFR on any toon regardless of level. And I just seem to be a sucker for those color sets. :/
    Last edited by Roulette Kneebasha; 2013-02-07 at 09:43 PM.

Seems like it wouldn't be hard to give us the option to set previous content raids to LFR difficulty in a similar fashion to switching between normal and heroic.