Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SanderZammy View Post
    Then they'd probably do the quests for like a week to get exalted and learn it. Unless every single person who ever got it decided -not- to do this, this still isn't an answer to the big question here.
    Which is just as much conjecture as anything in this thread? Maybe they didn't. Maybe lightning tragically struck all the lucky winners. If you're just going to start hypothesising to support whatever point you're making, at least go for the fantastical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Prove that unicorns with bat wings and snake tails do not exist.
    I"m not saying they exist... now am I? nor am I saying they dont exist...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Well... you could start by proving that the evidence of their existence is faked... as in prove the pictures are from a source other than a live server... certainly, if you are claiming they dont exist you have to resolve that fact first. Then you probably could provide something from a Blizzard employee saying that they dont drop... I'd accept that as proof they dont exist.
    How about we saddle you with the burden of proof that these images are real? Please prove that these are real images from live and not from a test realm or private server please.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    How can you prove that something DOESN'T EXIST?
    By the lack of effect said 'something' would have on the world. So we can prove that there's not a black hole in your back yard, because it's gravitational forces would be noticed (and you'd no longer have a back yard).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rankin View Post
    Not one armory link to anyone who has either mount. And websites that comb the Armory can't find anyone with either mount.
    Funny thing about those websites... I've been playing for YEARS... and none of them knew me until recently... although I've got more than 150 mounts and over 10,000 achievement points... hmmm...

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Kisu View Post
    I personally haven't seen one/know anyone that does.. would be interesting if there would be some proof at least to the Sha one, it's been killed a thousand times over across all servers. Galleon I could see having an explainable rarity.
    How many realms are there? about 700 counting all regions? If in each of those 3 groups organize everyday to kill the Sha, which is not far fetched, in 4 months, minus some days that people took leveling and gearing before trying the sha, we would have around 700 * 3 * 110. At least 231 thousand kills.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Honstandra View Post
    How about we saddle you with the burden of proof that these images are real? Please prove that these are real images from live and not from a test realm or private server please.
    Screenshots of the mounts are provided as asked, its your burden to prove they are not from live or fakes otherwise.

Deleted
    i have seen player in shrone of 7stars on sha mount

Deleted
    Fucking hell give it a rest, even for MMO champion the arguments in this thread are pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazmina View Post
    You can't prove they don't exist, that doesn't even make sense, we'd need to be able to see the wow code for that.

You can however prove they DO exist very easily just one armory link out of the 10million players with either mount proves it does exist, since no one has done so since the start of MoP it seems far more plausible that some bug or error has caused them to not be able to drop. If I had to guess maybe because sha awards loot rather than drops it, works the same way coins rolls do, and you cant win mounts from those (ala elegon)
    Since its OP that claims they DONT exist, the burden of proof is there... not for the folks that accept that they do exist.

Someone in trade was nerdgasming over the galleon mount a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Which is just as much conjecture as anything in this thread? Maybe they didn't. Maybe lightning tragically struck all the lucky winners. If you're just going to start hypothesising to support whatever point you're making, at least go for the fantastical.
    You seem to have some difficulty with Occam's Razor. You think it's more likely that everyone who got the mount, didn't have the rep, didn't earn the rep, and will never earn the rep instead of the mount simply not dropping?

And Galleon's mount doesn't require anything fancy, so what's the excuse there?

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclous View Post
    By the lack of effect said 'something' would have on the world. So we can prove that there's not a black hole in your back yard, because it's gravitational forces would be noticed (and you'd no longer have a back yard).
    This proving something wasn't at a place. It's not proving black holes doesn't exist. And just to be fair, a black hole isn't a feeding beast that self sustain itself, growing and consuming everything around. It's possible to have a Black Hole in Earth, and that it consumes itself in nanoseconds, due to the size.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Honstandra View Post
    Not my responsibility to prove or disprove OP's claim. I accept that they drop. If you or the OP do not accept that then the burden of proof lays on you, not me, not anyone that accepts that they drop.

It's all part of the Sha of Anger's plan on making everyone angry by not giving away its precious mount. :P

I have a feeling people will be seeing the 2 mounts in 5.2.

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Someone in trade was nerdgasming over the galleon mount a few weeks ago.
    And you fell for it.
    My desire to open a used bridge dealership is itching like crazy at this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Since its OP that claims they DONT exist, the burden of proof is there... not for the folks that accept that they do exist.
    It is not possible to prove a non-existence. You can only prove a existence. A single prove will suffice, one single armory link will end this "discussion".

In the meantime I claim there are raptors riding on sharks with lasers on their head. If you don't believe me, just prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rankin View Post
    You seem to have some difficulty with Occam's Razor. You think it's more likely that everyone who got the mount, didn't have the rep, didn't earn the rep, and will never earn the rep instead of the mount simply not dropping?
    I didn't say 'likely'. Maybe the mount doesn't drop. Maybe it does and the winners didn't learn it. Maybe whatever way the websites are crawling for the data is flawed. So far, in however many pages, no one has given definitive proof either way.

You seem to have difficulty with Occam's Razor. It should be used on theories that have passed theoretical scrutiny, which has not happened in this thread.

And Galleon's mount doesn't require anything fancy, so what's the excuse there?
    What's the issue with Galleon's mount? There's four people on WoWHead sat on it with a "??" drop rate. Incidentally, the same drop rate for all of Galleon's loot, so presumably WoWhead's not reading the data right for that particular boss.
    Last edited by Matchu; 2013-02-07 at 06:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    It is not possible to prove a non-existence. You can only prove a existence. A single prove will suffice, one single armory link will end this "discussion".

In the meantime I claim there are raptors riding on sharks with lasers on their head. If you don't believe me, just prove me wrong.
    Puri, you can start by proving the pictures that DO exist are fakes... prove that... provide something from Blizzard saying that they aren't on the live server loot tables then I'll accept they don't exist... certainly, you can do that if you want folks to believe you, yes?

Deleted
    Heavenly onyx serpent? Galleon mount? I thought these were mythical beings. Anyway, from what it seems the chances are ridiculously low, upping them to like 1% would be nice, but that's just me.