Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutonious View Post
    I don't know the name of the toon but I am almost certain that I've seen the Galleon mount on Aerie Peak-US. I saw someone in Halfhill market running by on a Mushan mount and i'm not aware of any other mushan mounts besides that one. Correct me if i'm wrong. Knew I shoulda jotted the name down but it was late and I was just trying to finish my farming before bed.
    Theres an item that allows you to summon a temp 400% speed land mount 3 times thats a giant mushan. The Galleon mount is around the size of a Kodo, and is armored, rather then the HUGE unarmored mushan. So, if it was big and unarmored, it was the temp item. If it was small and armored, its the mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    How the heck am I supposed to remember somebody's name? I don't even kill Galleon anymore and to be perfectly honest, I rarely socialize in-game outside of my own guild. KJ has like... 30 thousand players. I'm not gonna remember one guy out of all of them from the beginning of the expansion.
    LOL WHAT!?!?

#9 Kil'Jaeden PvP Population 14,812
    Granted it's slightly higher than that, but its sure not 15 thousand higher.

And no one is telling you that you specifically need to remember someones name. The fact is, this is a very widespread topic now, and all it takes is one of the thousands of people who know about this topic to log in game spot someone with one of the mounts and post their armory. Yet after pages and pages of this topic, not a single person can. Guildox which sorts though armory's to rank mounts cant find a single one on any account. Sure you can use the excuse "Its only a beta feature and it even says its not every single armory page" but the fact of the matter remains that if Guildox can track accounts with the Teal Kodo, the Green Kodo, and the Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal, it sure as hell would have picked up the Sha's mount after hundreds of thousands of kills and re-rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Germs View Post
    LOL WHAT!?!?

In the interests of almost irrelevant side information:
    http://wow.realmpop.com/us-kiljaeden.html

US-Kil'jaeden has 168 833 characters, 19 227 of which are level 90!

Quote Originally Posted by Joán View Post
    Just look objectively at the two sides here:

Side A: I believe that the mount exists and I believe this because there is no evidence that directly contradicts me. People claim that they saw someone get it but they don't remember the name, or they didn't have the flying skill, or any other reason that tries to explain why there is no evidence to support their claim.

Side B: I believe that the mount doesn't drop based on the fact that no one has been able to come up with a name of anyone who has it, it hasn't been detected by a website that does statistical analysis on many players mounts, the screenshots on wowhead show blatant evidence of model editing, and not even a single comment on wowhead states "I got this and here is my attached character/armory/profile". ALL OF THIS EVIDENCE IS ABSOLUTELY CIRCUMSTANTIAL, YES. But it's a damn sight more evidence than the other side has. And as stated repeatedly, our argument will evaporate the instant someone links it.
    Why would anyone say I have this and then link their armory. Have you ever seen that done? Have you even once thought that possibly Guild Ox could be wrong? Have you thought that possibly armory is bugged not showing either of those mounts? No of course not it's too easy for you to assume that Blizzard once again has screwed you out of something.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 08:18 AM ----------

LOL WHAT!?!?

And no one is telling you that you specifically need to remember someones name. The fact is, this is a very widespread topic now, and all it takes is one of the thousands of people who know about this topic to log in game spot someone with one of the mounts and post their armory. Yet after pages and pages of this topic, not a single person can. Guildox which sorts though armory's to rank mounts cant find a single one on any account. Sure you can use the excuse "Its only a beta feature and it even says its not every single armory page" but the fact of the matter remains that if Guildox can track accounts with the Teal Kodo, the Green Kodo, and the Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal, it sure as hell would have picked up the Sha's mount after hundreds of thousands of kills and re-rolls.
    Maybe one of the hundreds if even that, but keep reaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Why would anyone say I have this and then link their armory. Have you ever seen that done? Have you even once thought that possibly Guild Ox could be wrong? Have you thought that possibly armory is bugged not showing either of those mounts? No of course not it's too easy for you to assume that Blizzard once again has screwed you out of something.
    Your right, it much more plausible that multiple independent websites are incorrect and that every person that has heard of this topic suddenly caught a case of amnesia. Funny how many stars have just aligned leaning towards the mounts not dropping, yet it is more reasonable to assume blizzard would never make a mistake. Just an F.Y.I, GuildOx mount tracking page just update within the last few min, still no mounts.

Your right, it much more plausible that multiple independent websites are incorrect and that every person that has heard of this topic suddenly caught a case of amnesia. Funny how many stars have just aligned leaning towards the mounts not dropping, yet it is more reasonable to assume blizzard would never make a mistake. Just an F.Y.I, GuildOx mount tracking page just update within the last few min, still no mounts.
    You mean the multiple independent sites that pull from just one site that may not be showing the mounts? Oh you mean the less than 1000 people who have heard of this topic out of the 10 million players?

Why would anyone say I have this and then link their armory. Have you ever seen that done?
    Yes, people do that because it is rare and therefore prestigious to have it. I shall conduct a scientific investigation with the Astral Cloud Serpent from Elegon as my subject.

Out of the 29 comments on Elegon, 6 of them directly claim that they have it (mostly downvoted though as these comments are frowned upon). 6 out of 7 people that I checked (before I got bored) who submitted screenshots had characters linked to their wowhead profile and had the mount on their armory profile. The same numbers for Galleon and Sha mounts? Zero!

No one is claiming this is absolute evidence of anything, but probabilities are definitely pointing one way with a very big and firm arrow.

No of course not it's too easy for you to assume that Blizzard once again has screwed you out of something.
    Now where the hell does such and absurd statement come from? At no point did I make any sort of statement about whether or not I even cared about these mounts. We're simply interested in the truth, and the only thing I see is pages and pages of people taking leave of their common sense and investigative instinct and say things that essentially come out to "It must be out there somewhere because I want to believe it!".

Do you really think it is more likely that the armory is bugged and not showing these exact two mounts (and no others!), or that these mounts simply do not or have not dropped yet? No one in this argument has hard facts (yet) but making up increasingly less probable explanations really doesn't help your case

I am not the one making any assumptions here - you seem to be the one that is convinced that your point of view is correct, then looking for tenuous (and very hypothetical) evidence to support it while ignoring all the evidence that contradicts it. I am objectively viewing all the evidence presented and I am of the OPINION that it heavily suggests one particular explanation.
    Last edited by Joán; 2013-02-07 at 08:35 AM.

More people also kill Elegon than kill Sha. Many people don't even kill Sha anymore. Hell, I don't even kill Sha anymore even though I desperately want the mount, simply because... well, I'm too lazy, frankly. I really should work on that.

Yes, people do that because it is rare and therefore prestigious to have it. I shall conduct a scientific investigation with the Astral Cloud Serpent from Elegon as my subject.

Out of the 29 comments on Elegon, 6 of them directly claim that they have it (mostly downvoted though as these comments are frowned upon). 6 out of 7 people that I checked (before I got bored) who submitted screenshots had characters linked to their wowhead profile and had the mount on their armory profile. The same numbers for Galleon and Sha mounts? Zero!

No one is claiming this is absolute evidence of anything, but probabilities are definitely pointing one way with a very big and firm arrow.
    So now you assume that every WoW player that has received a rare mount must have a Wowhead account. Lot of assuming going on just to prove mounts don't exist.

So now you assume that every WoW player that has received a rare mount must have a Wowhead account. Lot of assuming going on just to prove mounts don't exist.
    Ignoring the parts where I say that neither side has conclusive evidence (but one side has much more circumstantial evidence than the other), isn't really helping your case either. There is no "assumption" that "every WoW player" will have an account, we're merely reinforcing the validity of this evidence by the fact that wowhead members are very likely to brag about having a rare item such as this, and the absence of such claims does (should) cause one to wonder why that is. Standing on its own this is a very weak and almost meaningless piece of evidence - but you can't just argue against this one point and ignore all the others, that is the point of circumstantial evidence - one single piece of it rarely means anything, but once you start getting a lot of it, it paints a picture that can be very hard to refute.

I merely ask again - how long do we wait for this matter to ripple across the internet before you think it should reasonably have reached a person who has this mount, or knows someone who has this mount?
    Last edited by Joán; 2013-02-07 at 08:45 AM.

Ignoring the parts where I say that neither side has conclusive evidence (but one side has much more circumstantial evidence than the other), isn't really helping your case either.

I ask again - how long do we wait for this matter to ripple across the internet before you think it should reasonably have reached a person who has this mount, or knows someone who has this mount?
    Ripple across the internet? It's 2 forums. You're honestly putting too much faith in the average WoW player if you believe even a small fraction of the player base reads any forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    More people also kill Elegon than kill Sha. Many people don't even kill Sha anymore. Hell, I don't even kill Sha anymore even though I desperately want the mount, simply because... well, I'm too lazy, frankly. I really should work on that.
    Are you sure about that? I would think Sha is killed far more than Elegon, at least normal and heroic Elegon.

The Elegon mount only drops on normal and heroic (although there was a bug where it could be obtained on LFR through coin rolls only, but that has been fixed). Consider that Sha is much more accessible, simply requiring you to say "LFG Sha" in general/trade chat on a lot of servers, mainly high population ones. At the start of the week Sha is often killed every 15 minutes, and people will use multiple toons as well.

So sorry, unless you were referring to LFR as well - which doesn't really count - then I wouldn't believe that the amount of Elegon kills even come close.

The Elegon mount is right there on that GuildOx link at number 331, but not even a single Heavenly Onyx Serpent entry. So either the drop chance is so astronomically low that it is literally one in a billion, or it doesn't drop at all.

I wonder why there isn't any blue response to those threads?
    I mean how hard is it to say that the mount does drop from that boss..... but not even that.

Ripple across the internet? It's 2 forums. You're honestly putting too much faith in the average WoW player if you believe even a small fraction of the player base reads any forums.
    This thread combined with the official forum threads will soon reach 10 000 views. In just over 24 hours. Stop trying to deflect my question by implying that a significant portion of all wow subscribers must be exposed to these forums in order to be somehow touched by this question. I am well aware of the fact that only an absolute, miniscule minority of wow players are aware of this so far.

My question is again: How long until you believe enough people have seen it that we should reasonably expect to hear from someone who has either of the mounts?
    Last edited by Joán; 2013-02-07 at 08:53 AM.

Well to be honest: If someone would get it.... wouldn't they claim "world first" or something?
    I saw posts claiming wordld first on several things.... this would fit that picture.

This thread combined with the official forum threads will soon reach 10 000 views. In just over 24 hours. Stop trying to deflect my question by implying that a significant portion of all wow subscribers must be exposed to these forums in order to be somehow touched by this question. I am well aware of the fact that only an absolute, miniscule minority of wow players are aware of this so far.

My question is again: How long until you believe enough people have seen it that we should reasonably expect to hear from someone who has either of the mounts?
    10,000 unique views? Or are you not aware that simply refreshing the page increases the viewcount?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    How long was Rivindare's Deathcharger in the game before anyone saw it?
    Yes i thought about the Death charger myself and how rare it was at first for quite some time but you also have to look at the numbers the amount of people that kill Sha per realm that each have an individual chance of looting the mount is far more then the amount of baron runs that were done in Vanilla or bc i mean 40 per kill! and it dies quiet often and lets not forget Galleon who gets killed by about 100 players on Frostmourne with the tag sharing method each time he is up throw in soem bonus loot rolls from the coins and you have still 0 mounts from Sha or Galleon on a realm. it would be a lot different if say the loot on the boss were like the use to be and that he would drop 5 things then you just roll for loot then i could understand more as to why the Galleon mount hasn't shown up yet.

the Onyxian Drake was originaly .1% drop chance same as the Rivendares original chance to drop yet i saw many people with the ony drake with in the first 2 weeks and by many i mean about 5 which for a .1% drop rate mount in only 2 weeks is rather decent amount.

So either the mounts are so rare that the drop rate is something like 0.0001 or there is an error with them.

10,000 unique views? Or are you not aware that simply refreshing the page increases the viewcount?
    No, I am perfectly aware of that. Thank you for once again ignoring my question.

No, I am perfectly aware of that. Thank you for once again ignoring my question.
    Because your question assumes that the longer a forum thread is up the more people will see it and eventually everyone will have seen it. You assume that because 2 forums have threads in them that someone is going to see them and suddenly say "Yeah I have one of those mounts, I better reply so these forum posters can sleep peacefully at night knowing that the sky isn't falling." Hell even if they did see these forum posts which is highly unlikely that still doesn't mean that they will register an MMO-C account, if they don't already have one, and validate it to any of us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?a=30

That isn't a very good count of mounts. There are a bunch missing. Not just the Sha and galleon mounts. Tell me can you see sunrever dragonhawk in that list? because i can't (I may just be blind) but there are other mount missing.
    CTRL+F?

Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.