Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Pit Lord Azerox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,428
    Most people that linked it just used atlasloot or some kind, as long as ive never seen anyone flying it or give me a link to support i dont believe it dropped.

    If anyone got it as a drop, he/she would be flying/standing to show it off all day long

    Also the droprate could be higher, why make such a awesome mount while actualy no one will be seeing it xD
    Playing MMO's since 1997 ®
    Ultima Online > Everquest > Dark Age of Camelot > Lineage 2 > World of Warcraft.
    In between ofcourse all the other MMOs u can name. Those above spend atleast 1 year.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    well that's the elegon mount, not the sha one.
    He was posting that to prove that the Astral one does in fact exist, in response to the hyperbole by Drilnos above. It took literally 12 minutes for someone to post an armory link of the Astral Cloud Serpent. How many days do we wait for a link for a sha or galleon mount before we accept that it's not dropping in the wild? Do you really think it would take this long for someone to come up with the only incontrovertible proof that would convince everyone?

    People are free to believe that these mounts do exist, but you must realize that what you are experiencing is *faith*, nothing more. You take the absence of evidence of its existence but disregard it, instead choosing to believe that "somewhere there must be one out there". And every single one of us would instantly shut up and admit we were wrong the moment someone posts an armory link. ONE SINGLE PERSON with this mount must know one single person who has a guildmate who reads mmo-champion. That's all it takes.
    Last edited by Joán; 2013-02-07 at 07:49 AM.

  3. #63
    Bloodsail Admiral Nivena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Iceblood Garrison
    Posts
    1,037
    How many Elder Charms did I use (since I thought the mount could drop)? mus have been around 20 charms...all for nothing if the mount doesn't even drop

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Joán View Post
    He was posting that to prove that the Astral one does in fact exist, in response to the hyperbole by Drilnos above. It took literally 12 minutes for someone to post an armory link of the Astral Cloud Serpent. How many days do we wait for a link for a sha or galleon mount before we accept that it's not dropping in the wild? Do you really think it would take this long for someone to come up with the only incontrovertible proof that would convince everyone?

    People are free to believe that these mounts do exist, but you must realize that what you are experiencing is *faith*, nothing more. You take the absence of evidence of its existence but disregard it, instead choosing to believe that "somewhere there must be one out there".
    Because every WoW player visits these forums and has seen this thread, therefor if it hasn't been linked it must not exist right?

  5. #65
    At least one person on Kil'Jaeden got the Galleon mount in the first or second week. It's almost never seen being ridden because it's a ground mount, after all. And somebody linked a screenshot of somebody -riding- the Sha mount. It's rare. Very rare. But it drops.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Because every WoW player visits these forums and has seen this thread, therefor if it hasn't been linked it must not exist right?
    There's also a 500+ post thread on the official forums. It took 12 minutes to find a link to the Elegon mount, how long do we hold out for one that is killed and looted by litterally thousands of people per day?

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Joán View Post
    There's also a 500+ post thread on the official forums. It took 12 minutes to find a link to the Elegon mount, how long do we hold out for one that is killed and looted by litterally thousands of people per day?
    And I assume you believe every WoW player visits the official forums as well?

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Joán View Post
    There's also a 500+ post thread on the official forums. It took 12 minutes to find a link to the Elegon mount, how long do we hold out for one that is killed and looted by litterally thousands of people per day?
    The forums are visited by an absolute minority of the players. Not a majority, not half, not even a quarter. Many players who play WoW don't even know where to go for the forums, many don't know anything about WoWhead, or Guildox, or anything else. Blizzard has metrics for tracking this stuff, if something was never dropping, it would get fixed.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    At least one person on Kil'Jaeden got the Galleon mount in the first or second week. It's almost never seen being ridden because it's a ground mount, after all. And somebody linked a screenshot of somebody -riding- the Sha mount. It's rare. Very rare. But it drops.
    And yet, with SO MANY PEOPLE who have seen or heard of someone who has this, not one person can remember the name of one character that has it.

    Those of us who doubt the existence of these mounts can be proven wrong so incredibly easily and the moment anyone shows an armory link we will all instantly bow out and admit you were right. Just one single instance of hard evidence is all we ask.

  10. #70
    The fact we are up to the 2nd post maxed thread on the official forums without a single Blue response that could easily clear things up by just saying "Yes it drops guys", makes me think they royally fucked up and are looking for a way to deal with the flood of people screaming "YOU WASTED MY COINS" before answering.

    I mean come on, I'm sure Blizzard has an internal search database to see if any players have it, why is it so hard for a blue to just say "Somebody definitely has it, we checked"?

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    And I assume you believe every WoW player visits the official forums as well?
    No, what I asked for, very specifically, was how long we wait and search for actual evidence before you start accepting the *possibility* that these mounts might not drop. As I said, for another new and very rare mount, the Astral Cloud Serpent, it took 12 MINUTES to find it.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Joán View Post
    And yet, with SO MANY PEOPLE who have seen or heard of someone who has this, not one person can remember the name of one character that has it.

    Those of us who doubt the existence of these mounts can be proven wrong so incredibly easily and the moment anyone shows an armory link we will all instantly bow out and admit you were right. Just one single instance of hard evidence is all we ask.
    How the heck am I supposed to remember somebody's name? I don't even kill Galleon anymore and to be perfectly honest, I rarely socialize in-game outside of my own guild. KJ has like... 30 thousand players. I'm not gonna remember one guy out of all of them from the beginning of the expansion.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    How the heck am I supposed to remember somebody's name? I don't even kill Galleon anymore and to be perfectly honest, I rarely socialize in-game outside of my own guild. KJ has like... 30 thousand players. I'm not gonna remember one guy out of all of them from the beginning of the expansion.
    No, and I am sure most people are exactly the same way. What I am asking you to consider is simply the mathematical probability that there is noone who has this mount, or knows someone who has this mount, or has seen someone who has this mount and remembers the name on here or the official forums.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Joán View Post
    No, and I am sure most people are exactly the same way. What I am asking you to consider is simply the mathematical probability that there is noone who has this mount, or knows someone who has this mount, or has seen someone who has this mount and remembers the name on here or the official forums.
    It is a possibility it's also a possibility that it does drop but no one is as of yet lucky enough to get one. People moan and bitch that things aren't rare enough then when they are they bitch they don't exist.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Joán View Post
    No, and I am sure most people are exactly the same way. What I am asking you to consider is simply the mathematical probability that there is noone who has this mount, or knows someone who has this mount, or has seen someone who has this mount and remembers the name on here or the official forums.
    Well, the two possibilities are 1) the people claiming it does not exist have simply never seen somebody riding it, nor know somebody riding it, or 2) the mount doesn't exist and Blizzard royally blew it, but they're terrified to tell anybody that they blew it and won't say anything and hope the problem will just go away or something.

    Sherlock Holmes had a good lesson to teach about deduction that probably applies here. Is there a -possibility- that it is the second situation? Of course there's a possibility. It isn't impossible that that is the case. That doesn't mean it's the likely of the two.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  16. #76
    Haha, thanks for spicing up my morning guys! I definitely agree the burden of proof is on the ones claiming to have/seen it at this point.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyseh View Post
    Maths ending with
    That brings us to a 2.90×10^-813 % chance that it hasn't dropped yet.
    If those numbers are even close to accurate, that means there is less of a chance of it having not dropped yet than there is of life existing somewhere else in our solar system. Which means it's time to grab our torches and pitchforks and head to Blizzard HQ.
    Call to arms, the trumpets sound
    Hand puppets storm the base, flags up now cannons rage
    All clowns head for the rear, slingshots fire to the air
    Toy horses start the charge, Robot chessmen standing guard
    Crossfire to the marionettes, Slip into the edge of death...

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Well, the two possibilities are 1) the people claiming it does not exist have simply never seen somebody riding it, nor know somebody riding it, or 2) the mount doesn't exist and Blizzard royally blew it, but they're terrified to tell anybody that they blew it and won't say anything and hope the problem will just go away or something.

    Sherlock Holmes had a good lesson to teach about deduction that probably applies here. Is there a -possibility- that it is the second situation? Of course there's a possibility. It isn't impossible that that is the case. That doesn't mean it's the likely of the two.
    Just look objectively at the two sides here:

    Side A: I believe that the mount exists and I believe this because there is no evidence that directly contradicts me. People claim that they saw someone get it but they don't remember the name, or they didn't have the flying skill, or any other reason that tries to explain why there is no evidence to support their claim.

    Side B: I believe that the mount doesn't drop based on the fact that no one has been able to come up with a name of anyone who has it, it hasn't been detected by a website that does statistical analysis on many players mounts, the screenshots on wowhead show blatant evidence of model editing, and not even a single comment on wowhead states "I got this and here is my attached character/armory/profile". ALL OF THIS EVIDENCE IS ABSOLUTELY CIRCUMSTANTIAL, YES. But it's a damn sight more evidence than the other side has. And as stated repeatedly, our argument will evaporate the instant someone links it.

  19. #79
    Guildox is not always up to date, especially for EU realms. I had to manually update my old main, who according to guildox was still lv 85 and still on my old realm, and I had to add all my chars that I created in MoP/late cata because guildox didn't have them in DB. Some of my chars haven't been updated in over 3 months. Just because guildox doesn't show them doesn't mean they don't exist. I suppose RNG is RNG here..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

  20. #80
    I think that the mount is obtainable, but just super rare, happily it's super rare since you can drop thoses bosses twice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •