Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Puri, you can start by proving the pictures that DO exist are fakes... prove that... provide something from Blizzard saying that they aren't on the live server loot tables then I'll accept they don't exist... certainly, you can do that if you want folks to believe you, yes?
    Similar to proving that the pictures of Bigfoot or the Loch Ness monster are fake right? Because that has always worked and was a reasonable use of effort.

Deleted
    Cloud Serpent faction don't even need dailys to get exalted; a few run throughs for eggs will get you there no problems even on a busy server. Am I to believe that everyone who has won a Heavenly Onyx Serpent not only hasn't had this faction at exalted but can't be bothered doing the easiest dailys of the xpac but can't be bothered flying through Windward Isles a few times for eggs to show off their luck in winning one of the rarest mounts in the game at the moment? Either the drop rate is absurd or they don't drop, either way Blizzard need to tinker with this.

Occam's Razor, Russel's Teapot.... By insisting in not believing that those mounts aren't in the game you're just hurting your image, by being proud of being IGNorant.

This thread made me doubt that the mounts can actually drop. Seems like Blizzard messed up here.. And I've been spending a coin each week :/

Puri, you can start by proving the pictures that DO exist are fakes... prove that... provide something from Blizzard saying that they aren't on the live server loot tables then I'll accept they don't exist... certainly, you can do that if you want folks to believe you, yes?
    No, but I can give you screenshots of me flying right now on the live server on every mount you want using modding tools like s***le m*rpher (you can have the link or full name in a private message, since it might get you banned using it it probably won't be liked to be seen here).
    So what do screenshots prove?

Let me summarize a few things:

There is absolutely no evidence that they don't exist. (Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence)

There is some evidence that they do exist... but at least half of the screenshots are 'suspicious' (one guy lathered in the rarest gear in the game, another picture shows the same person having both mounts on the same day).
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-02-07 at 06:32 PM.

There is no way to prove the screen shots on wowhead are on live servers and not private servers or from beta, there isnt enough information in them to make that determination, since its not possible to prove they are or aren't from live, they are not useful information, although armory does have bugs it is more reliable that screen shots such as the ones on wow head that show nothing except the model and someone on them. (personally I would have though someone would screenshot riding it in kun lai where it was acquired at the time it was acquired, maybe over sha's corpse with 39 other people around, would at least be substantial) An armory link is the best bet or a video or a far more descript screen shot showing player and guild names (Could be faked on a private sever but that is way stretching it) The screenshots on wowhead just aren't enough proof on their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the meantime I claim there are raptors riding on sharks with lasers on their head. If you don't believe me, just prove me wrong.
    That would be Epicus Maximus from Beta. He still can be seen during a quest in Uldum.

@Topic: these mounts must have an absurdly low droprate, probably something line 0.01% to account for the fact that everyone and their mom can kill sha weekly and roll on their loot multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    I didn't say 'likely'. Maybe the mount doesn't drop. Maybe it does and the winners didn't learn it. Maybe whatever way the websites are crawling for the data is flawed. So far, in however many pages, no one has given definitive proof either way.

You seem to have difficulty with Occam's Razor. It should be used on theories that have passed theoretical scrutiny, which has not happened in this thread.
    Or maybe the mounts don't drop instead of the dozens of maybes and ifs and assumptions that people keep coming up.

Assumption A: The mounts don't drop.

Assumption B: The websites are bugged, the Armory is bugged, everyone who received it didn't have the training and have no interest in the training, everyone who's seen it has developed amnesia and can't remember the name of the people who have the mounts.

At some point, the simpler explanation has to win out.

What's the issue with Galleon's mount? There's four people on WoWHead sat on it with a "??" drop rate. Incidentally, the same drop rate for all of Galleon's loot, so presumably WoWhead's not reading the data right for that particular boss.
    Several pictures of dubious origin. Not one armory link of anyone who's learned the mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    No, but I can give you screenshots of me flying right now on the live server on every mount you want using modding tools like s***le m*rpher (you can have the link or full name in a private message, since it might get you banned using it it probably won't be liked to be seen here).
    So what do screenshots prove?
    Puri, I dont care. Wowhead has screenshots. I challenge you, or anyone else that claims that the mount doesn't drop to prove that THOSE are NOT from a live server... period.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 12:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nazmina View Post
    There is no way to prove the screen shots on wowhead are on live servers and not private servers or from beta, there isnt enough information in them to make that determination, since its not possible to prove they are or aren't from live, they are not useful information, although armory does have bugs it is more reliable that screen shots such as the ones on wow head that show nothing except the model and someone on them. (personally I would have though someone would screenshot riding it in kun lai where it was acquired at the time it was acquired, maybe over sha's corpse with 39 other people around, would at least be substantial) An armory link is the best bet or a video or a far more descript screen shot showing player and guild names (Could be faked on a private sever but that is way stretching it) The screenshots on wowhead just aren't enough proof on their own.
    And those that say they dont exist have NO PROOF AT ALL... hmmm.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    It is not possible to prove a non-existence. You can only prove a existence. A single prove will suffice, one single armory link will end this "discussion".

In the meantime I claim there are raptors riding on sharks with lasers on their head. If you don't believe me, just prove me wrong.
    Here's what you're missing though. The people who are making assertions are the ones claiming it does not exist. They have the intial claim, and therefore the burden of proof. Their proof can't be that nobody can provide proof of the contrary.

In your example, since you are claiming there is an Epicus Maximus, it is up to you to prove it does exist
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    That would be Epicus Maximus from Beta. He still can be seen during a quest in Uldum.

@Topic: these mounts must have an absurdly low droprate, probably something line 0.01% to account for the fact that everyone and their mom can kill sha weekly and roll on their loot multiple times.
    Epicus Maximus is also one of the 4 rank 8 mobs in the Brawlers guild

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    How many realms are there? about 700 counting all regions? If in each of those 3 groups organize everyday to kill the Sha, which is not far fetched, in 4 months, minus some days that people took leveling and gearing before trying the sha, we would have around 700 * 3 * 110. At least 231 thousand kills.
    That's a lot of numbers. Here's another one: 4. That's the number of numbers that you just made up on the spot. x = total number of realms, y = (successful average) groups per day per realm, z = number of months of Sha attempts, a = number of days for "leveling and gearing." Not one number that entered the equation was a known constant. These were combined to come up with a fifth number that is also, by extension, a complete fabrication.

Someone earlier in this thread claimed the number of realms is 500, a number which is also round enough to smell like it was cut out of whole cloth. He also made a serious mistake in a simple multiplication operation, resulting in a value of 100,000 where the correct one was 1,000,000, which ironically enough would have bolstered his claim in the final total were it not for the fact that all of his inputs were wild assumptions as well.

And you fell for it.
    My desire to open a used bridge dealership is itching like crazy at this thread.
    I know a guy who operates a dentist...van. Can take out that tooth you keep getting CIA transmissions on, very reasonably priced.

Puri, I dont care. Wowhead has screenshots. I challenge you, or anyone else that claims that the mount doesn't drop to prove that THOSE are NOT from a live server... period.
    Seranthor, I dont care. All screenshots on Wowhead are fakes. I challenge you, or anyone else that claims that the mount does drop to prove that THOSE ARE from a live server... period.

Seranthor. You are just like an extreme Christian fanatic. Ehrmagherd... prove God doesn't exist. I think it's pretty obvious that Blizzard has made a poo-poo here and forgot to "activate" the mount drops. webpages that scans armory can't find the mount, none knows anyone that has the mount, and the ones that claims to have seen it forgot to take a screenshot or don't remember their name. Climb off your 100 feet tall horse and stop being such a smartass.

Quote Originally Posted by Rankin View Post

At some point, the simpler explanation has to win out.
    That's not how 'proof' works.

Several pictures of dubious origin. Not one armory link of anyone who's learned the mount.
    People ask for pictures. There are pictures. The burden is then to prove said pictures are dubious.

If the armoury doesn't record properly? It's not certain, but it's not impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    someone on my server (veknilash-us) got the galleon mount. i dont remember his name exactly but im pretty sure he was in the guild divinity.

They don't need. The mounts not dropping is well-established. All they could do is to explain THE CAUSE. What we need is players that just to think they are different and don't go together with the masses, to stop spreading false reasons on why the mounts are dropping, and all of this discussions are just trolling, by some revolted people because they couldn't have the rares.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 03:33 PM ----------

Once again, that Mushan is not the mount.
    Sigh,

Well established by some that there is little evidence that they have dropped. Not 100% certified proof that this item isn't dropping. All blizzard has to do is either confirm or deny the situation. Nothing more.

That's not how 'proof' works.
    Side A: Single, simple explanation.

Side B: Increasingly complex explanations.

Occam's Razor dictates that the simpler explanation is the more likely one.

People ask for pictures. There are pictures. The burden is then to prove said pictures are dubious.

If the armoury doesn't record properly? It's not certain, but it's not impossible.
    I like how there's so many possible bugs that might stop people from seeing it outside the game, but no possible way Blizzard might have screwed up the drop rate in game.

Oh, and all these outside bugs conveniently only affect these two mounts out of the 300+ that exist.

I can take a picture of me riding them as well even though I don't have them. I personally have submitted several npc screenshots on wowhead and wowdb using morphers and model viewers. Google these terms since it seems you have no idea of their existence.