Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My server has multiple galleon mounts, however still no Sha...rng is rng i guess?

Anyone who says they've seen it drop are no better than Man'ti Teo. He saw Lennay, am I right?

Just because someone linked you /script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("\124cffa335ee\124Hitem:87771:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h[Reins of the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent]\124h\124r"); Doesn't mean that it dropped. You didn't see it drop, you saw someone link that.

No one in the world has these mounts , it's clearly not an available drop.

These mounts will be probably enabled in 5.2 to encourage people to still kill Sha and Galleon every week to help out the crowd of alts that will inevitably be looking (unsuccessfully) for Sha kills.

Quote Originally Posted by gobnobbla View Post
    My server has multiple galleon mounts, however still no Sha...rng is rng i guess?
    Multiple Son of Galleon mounts or multiple Oddly-Shaped Horns?

Quote Originally Posted by gobnobbla View Post
    Every time someone has said they've seen it, they have been swarmed with requests for armory links, so if you can dig one up, those players would appreciate it. The process has been repeated so many times that we're obviously skeptical at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by glenjemin View Post
    .001% (or 1 tenth of 1 percent)
    sorry have to correct you here, that is 1 thousandth of 1 percent, or 1 in 100,000 chance ( 0.1% is 1 tenth of 1 percent)

if in fact the above quote is true, and “These mounts will be enabled in 5.2 to encourage people to still kill Sha and Galleon” I’m going to be utterly infuriated. I’ve never found the need to post my QQ on the forums but this goes above and beyond unscrupulous. Blizzard fully knew people were using coins every week to attain these mounts… They knew that people were killing it on several alts JUST to get these mounts. If in fact they were waiting until 5.2, then it means they (Blizzard) sat there quietly, saying nothing, just to keep their crappy world bosses alive and relevant. They knew if they exposed their ruse these bosses wouldn’t even make it to 5.2 without being all but forgotten. They pretended there was a carrot at the end of the stick to trick players into keeping these bosses relevant and Sha kills consistent for new players and alts.

Whether a Blue lied about its current existence or they merely allowed this misinformation to continue, they knew people were wasting time and coins every week on the unattainable making it equally wrong. If it comes to pass that they were truly waiting until 5.2 and chose to say nothing, I will lose a significant amount of respect for blizzard.
    I really hope this isn't the case and the reason behind posts in the bug forum on this topic being repeatedly deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by glenjemin View Post
    I really hope this isn't the case and the reason behind posts in the bug forum on this topic being repeatedly deleted.
    If they are really deleting posts now, it's damage control. They don't delete topics that have things are blunt and blatant trolling such as "Wow sucks I quit ; going to Rift" or "Fat Jay Wilson is a fat piece of shit". But they're deleting speculation on a drop chance of a mount? Perhaps one that was intended to be "released" in 5.2?

Someone else in that thread said it well.. They aren't lying, they never said "yes, you can coin the mount from Sha". Someone asked if you could coin mounts, and they said "It depends which ones".

They weren't completely truthful, but they sure as hell didn't go out of their way to stop people from using a coin every week on their main and all their alts for 4 months. That's the disturbing part.

Er, why did I just have my post deleted after I posted it here on MMO-C? I've never had that happen before.

It gave me an error message that said "Your post must be reviewed by a moderator" ???

Edit: The post I quoted was deleted as well.. That person's post was just a copy/paste of something from the official forums?

Edit2: It's back.. forum inception Idk
    Last edited by Shaley; 2013-02-07 at 07:53 PM.

And it just reappeared... Weird...?

Anyway, Blizzard needs to respond, but I doubt they will. They're up to 44 pages combined from the two threads, not counting all the copy-cat threads that didn't get past 2 pages.

Blizzard is always more inclined to respond to posts from people asking why Alt+F4 closes their game, rather than answering something like this.

Has anyone considered the possibility that Blizzard set the drop rate at something like 1/100000, but forgot to take into account the multiplier of the chance of even seeing loot which would make the true chance of seeing either mount something like 1.5 in a million?
    Last edited by ganush; 2013-02-07 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    If they are really deleting posts now, it's damage control. They don't delete topics that have things are blunt and blatant trolling such as "Wow sucks I quit ; going to Rift" or "Fat Jay Wilson is a fat piece of shit". But they're deleting speculation on a drop chance of a mount? Perhaps one that was intended to be "released" in 5.2?

Someone else in that thread said it well.. They aren't lying, they never said "yes, you can coin the mount from Sha". Someone asked if you could coin mounts, and they said "It depends which ones".

They weren't completely truthful, but they sure as hell didn't go out of their way to stop people from using a coin every week on their main and all their alts for 4 months. That's the disturbing part.
    Maybe they are deleting posts because there are multiple posts already up about the 'issue' and creating yet another is spam?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Maybe they are deleting posts because there are multiple posts already up about the 'issue' and creating yet another is spam?
    This is probably more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by ganush View Post
    Has anyone considered the possibility that Blizzard set the drop rate at something like 1/100000, but forgot to take into account the multiplier of the chance of even seeing loot which would make the true chance of seeing either mount something like 1.5 in a million?
    It's possible. At a 15% chance of getting any loot, if a roll was done afterward to determine what the loot was...

1% stated drop rate = .15% actual
    0.1% = 0.015% actual
    0.05% (the lowest number I've seen used in relation to it) = 0.0075% actual

That's pretty darn low. Makes the Love Rocket look downright common.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullus View Post
    sorry have to correct you here, that is 1 thousandth of 1 percent, or 1 in 100,000 chance ( 0.1% is 1 tenth of 1 percent)
    At the risk of sounding even more pedantic than I already feel like I am, 0.001 and 0.1% are two ways of expressing the same number. The "%" sign is the percent sign. As in, per cent, cent meaning 100. Multiply 100 by 0.001 and you acquire 0.1%. Multiply any other number by 0.001 and you get 0.1% of that number.
    Last edited by Drilnos; 2013-02-07 at 08:24 PM.

This is probably more likely.
    /Agreed - just haven't seen one post stick for longer than a couple hours in that particular forum regarding this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Just to add to the statistics, I've been doing Sha on 10 characters, using coin every attempt for 2 months now, that is ~200 personal roll attempts and not seen or heard about anyone actually getting it in the raids, that is ~4000 player rolls not including their possible coin rolls (10 chars, 10 weeks, 40 players).

Yes I'm a mount collector and last I checked #13 in the world http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?a=19 - So if I have done these 200 personal attempts for no reason (including the elder coin farming on 9 alts) I will be a very sad panda...
    Considering the chance of these types of mounts DROPPING is often 1/100, it's not unreasonable for the chance of it to drop for an individual to be 1/4000, since that would be equivalent to a chance of a mount dropping and a certain player WINNING the roll under a "normal" loot system (1/100 * 1/40 since it's theoretically a 40man raid boss). And even if your numbers are accurate, 4000 non-drops wouldn't be that unreasonable, or even that unlikely, if the drop chance is indeed 1/4000.

Also, a big lol@ people who think "I saw someone get it" with nothing to back it up or "I've never seen it drop" mean anything in the context of whether or not the mounts can drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    At the risk of sounding even more pedantic than I already feel like I am, 0.001 and 0.1% are two ways of expressing the same number. The "%" sign is the percent sign. As in, per cent, cent meaning 100. Multiply 100 by 0.001 and you acquire 0.1%. Multiply any other number by 0.001 and you get 0.1% of that number.
    I just think of it like baseball =). If someone is batting .142 it's 14.2%. .042 would be 4.2%, and .004 would be .4%

I just think of it like baseball =). If someone is batting .142 it's 14.2%. .042 would be 4.2%, and .004 would be .4%
    This is true, but when you attach the percent to a smaller number it changes the value. 0.001 is the same as 0.1% is the same as "a tenth of a percent" is the same as 1 in 1000, but 0.001% is no longer the same as those other three values.

I'm not telling you this because I think you (or anyone else) don't know, just trying to clear up some of the confusion and hopefully prevent future misuse of percentages in this thread.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 08:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    It's possible. At a 15% chance of getting any loot, if a roll was done afterward to determine what the loot was...

1% stated drop rate = .15% actual
    0.1% = 0.015% actual
    0.05% (the lowest number I've seen used in relation to it) = 0.0075% actual

That's pretty darn low. Makes the Love Rocket look downright common.

If the percent sign is on both numbers then it's not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Puri, I dont care. Wowhead has screenshots. I challenge you, or anyone else that claims that the mount doesn't drop to prove that THOSE are NOT from a live server... period.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 12:32 PM ----------

And those that say they dont exist have NO PROOF AT ALL... hmmm.
    I would just like to point out that Wowhead no longer has screenshots, looks like they believe they were fake enough to remove them. Hmm.

@wolfphyre87 It's something we're watching very carefully to ensure they're dropping correctly. All I've got for now! #AskZ
    a reply to my tweet asking about the mounts dropping

Quote Originally Posted by wolfphyre87 View Post
    a reply to my tweet asking about the mounts dropping
    Thank you for this Wolfphyre.
    Last edited by Solariis; 2013-02-07 at 08:54 PM.