need advice finding guild, priesty opinions needed

Getting right to the point: My guild broke up a couple months ago and I'm now looking to start raiding again. We were never very successful, only having gotten to ambershaper normal (6/6 mv as well) but it was nearly all long time friends so we had our fun. My dilemma now is I'd only be interested in getting into something more serious but having been in a casual friend guild for all of mop I don't have the experience or logs that a guild doing heroics are asking for. I have no doubts at all I would make it in a 10/16 heroic or up guild because I know my priest inside and out and I'm a skilled player (I've been an officer in server best guilds in classic, bc, wotlk, cata t11 and did well in dragon soul) but again I don't have stats to prove it to the guilds I'd apply for. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you

(priest is 492 disc/holy, forgot to mention)
    Last edited by knsa; 2013-02-07 at 09:20 AM.

Deleted
    In my opinion gear is not that much of a big deal, experience is.
    Decide on the guild you wish to aim for and spend time writing a thorough, detailed and impressive application. Doing so will gain the attention of virtually any guild, making sure to reference previous experience heavily and impress upon them your ability with your class which should include some evidence of such. How you choose to do that is personal, use your own style/be yourself.

Many serious guilds will require logs, at worst even an LFR log is better than nothing though a step up from that would be to try and get a decent PuG and log that.

Just to repeat, a quality well written app will get you most of the way there. Also worthwhile would be to chat with GM/RL/Officer prior to applying, ask the questions you need to know answers to, this can allow you to get a feel for the people you want to play with as well as show serious intent on your part (there is nothing worse than ending up in a guild with people you dislike/dislike playing with imo)

Following these simple things, I've never had an application declined.

Deleted
    It boils down to this: 1) generally gear can be fixed easier than skill 2) since you have experience do you have any friends or former co raiders who can vouch for you 3) if that doesn't work join a mediocre guild, get good logs. If you like it there, stay. If not, move on.

thank you for the replies, it's much appreciated

Deleted
    if you really want to make a serious application and you're worried about not having logs - fraps some stuff. even if it's LFR.

take the application seriously and be detailed. There's certainly going to be guilds out there that just say 'no t14 xp, cya' but there should be some out there that will appreciate a good application (especially if it's backed up by logs / fraps of ANY content) that show you know what you're doing.

EDIT; sidenote - <Azuremyst Champions> 14/16hc 25man now recruiting 1 more healer.

I am a officer of a 11/16HM 25man atm and honestly some of the best trials that I've have ever taken are those who don't have current experience. In the end of DS I picked up two warriors who hadn't played since ICC and now they are two of my best raiders. They call out multiple things per encounter and also are willing to change specs or roles at any point.

What I am trying to say is be an expert at your class and do the correct amount of writing in a app to show that you know what you are talking about.

My main piece of advice is when your application is in review ask the officers if possible if you could have a mumble/ventrilo interview.

Your gear is not a problem at all. 492 is more than enough to heal heroic t14 raids. With having no experience your best bet would be watch all of the heroic videos and ask them to give you a trial spot to prove yourself.
    hello :3

10+ Year Old Account
    I would think it would end up being a plus if you mentioned what you have here, about playing for quite some time throughout different expansions and knowing your priest inside and out. You might not be able to show them current logs outside of LFR or what not, but it should be enough at least to get them to give you a trial.

I've also noticed that on larger servers where there are many more guilds with higher progress you're more likely to find at least one that will give you a chance.

I'd say open yourself up to the possibility of server transferring or faction changing and look at all possible opportunities until you find one that you like and that likes you back as well.

1) Have an awesome app
    2) Provide logs
    3) Have a decent OS (adds to your worth as a raider)
    4) Watch all the vids you can and ask for a trial run

Quote Originally Posted by knsa View Post
    Getting right to the point: My guild broke up a couple months ago and I'm now looking to start raiding again. We were never very successful, only having gotten to ambershaper normal (6/6 mv as well) but it was nearly all long time friends so we had our fun. My dilemma now is I'd only be interested in getting into something more serious but having been in a casual friend guild for all of mop I don't have the experience or logs that a guild doing heroics are asking for. I have no doubts at all I would make it in a 10/16 heroic or up guild because I know my priest inside and out and I'm a skilled player (I've been an officer in server best guilds in classic, bc, wotlk, cata t11 and did well in dragon soul) but again I don't have stats to prove it to the guilds I'd apply for. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you

(priest is 492 disc/holy, forgot to mention)

Knowing your class inside and out is one thing.

Knowing how to deal with boss mechanics is another, and past like 8/16 HC you have to be able to do both spot on.

You have to be able to heal your ass off, properly.. not just snipe heals. How to synergize your healing/cooldowns with others to maximize raid survivability.

On top of being able to handle mechanics that if you mess up on even in the slightest, could wipe the entire raid.

Not to say you don't know what you are doing, but a guild that is 6/16+ heroic content is going to look at someone who has not cleared normal with a very dim gaze. Most guilds won't even take time to talk to you.

My advice:

1) Clear normal modes, even if it means joining a guild that hasen't done heroic progress.

2) Get world of logs up, most heroic guild make this MANDATORY FOR RECRUITMENT: Reason being so they can truley scale your playstyle against others in a raid setting accurately.

3) Research the heroic fights, you never know. A heroic guild could be desperate, message you and start quizzing you on heroic mechanics to see how much you have looked up to prepare yourself.

4) Biggest tip: Don't walk into a mumble/vent interview with your nose in the air. Be humble and just be ready for any slew of questions they might throw at you. Don't get attitude and don't be cocky, cocky people are the first to get rejected esp if they don't have the experience to back it up.

No one wants to raid with a douche.

Goodluck!