Deleted

Glyph of Siphon Life change suggestion?

This glyph seems to me pretty much usless for arena atm, atleast in the 3v3 bracket.

Lets assume that corruption hits for 5k/tick, which will heal for 1k.
    if you have it up in all targets its 3k healing/2 sec, which is barley anything..

My suggestion is to make Glyph of Siphon Life heal for 20% of all damage dealt,
    in a normal 3s game a decent warlock got an avarage of 15-20k DPS spread across 3 targets.
    20% of 20k is 4k/sec.
    and 4k is about 1% of our total health, this is exacly the same a spiritual bond for hunter(even tho they never use it).

This will make up for our lack of defensives, and give us a fair chanse against cleaves, which is the #1 problem for warlocks nowadays..
    It will also bring back the feeling of old warlock self-healing.

Any thoughs on this ?
    Last edited by mmoce60119478e; 2013-02-07 at 10:30 AM.

my suggestion: this gliph must heal for 0.5% of maximum health every time corruption/immolate tick. Maximum 3 target.

Syphon life ATM is garbage, mostly vs "absorbing classes" in pvp.

They just announced spells that heal from dmg will be buffed to around pve-heal-level.
    Meaning if corruption hits for let's say 40k in pve (with buffs/cd's/malefic grasp etc) you will be healed for 20% of that 40k in pve, meaning you will be healed for 8k.
    and next patch, if let's say the corruption hits for 15k cuz of resil, you will still be healed for 8k (heal that came from the original dmg without resil)
    although there is the battle fatiq which reduce it by 15%, and MS effects and stuff.

and there are some passive healing increase as well i believe, anyways next patch syphon life glyph will be checked in 3v3 and it might even be better then everything. (possibly OP)

I think it should work similar to Glyph of Healthstone.
    Increase the heal done (By alot) , but make it over a period of time.

And then add a timer to it, lets say every 15 seconds or something.

20% of corruption damage is so low. At least 30-40%. Maybe even 100% but limit it to your most recently cast corruption. One of the biggest downsides of lock PvP right now is 0 self-healing bar Dark Regeneration+Healthstone combo, yet still having to expend life on life tap and tier 4 talents.

Perhaps even;

While you have at least one corruption spell active, you regenerate 0.5% max life per sec. (1750 life per sec on a geared lock in PvP, value could be adjusted).
    Last edited by Tya; 2013-02-07 at 10:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemasisx View Post
    They just announced spells that heal from dmg will be buffed to around pve-heal-level.
    Source of this ?

*edit* found it,
    We're making a change to the way damage-to-healing conversions work so that the healing is not affected by resilience. The healing will be based on how much damage would have been done as if the target had no resilience. If you hit an opponent for 10K and have a mechanic that converts damage into 50% healing, your hit may land for 6K because of resilience, but the heal will still be 5K (50% of the unmitigated damage). This only applies to resilience, not to armor, Shield Wall or other forms of damage reduction.
    Last edited by mmoce60119478e; 2013-02-07 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    20% of corruption damage is so low. At least 30-40%. Maybe even 100% but limit it to your most recently cast corruption. One of the biggest downsides of lock PvP right now is 0 self-healing bar Dark Regeneration+Healthstone combo, yet still having to expend life on life tap and tier 4 talents.

Perhaps even;

While you have at least one corruption spell active, you regenerate 0.5% max life per sec. (1750 life per sec on a geared lock in PvP, value could be adjusted).
    20% or 30-40% is always 0 healing in pvp vs absorbing classes

syphon life need to work likewise old syphon life in wrath/cataclysm.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 12:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xudam View Post
    Source of this ?

*edit* found it,
    We're making a change to the way damage-to-healing conversions work so that the healing is not affected by resilience. The healing will be based on how much damage would have been done as if the target had no resilience. If you hit an opponent for 10K and have a mechanic that converts damage into 50% healing, your hit may land for 6K because of resilience, but the heal will still be 5K (50% of the unmitigated damage). This only applies to resilience, not to armor, Shield Wall or other forms of damage reduction.
    good change, very good change.

But for me is better old syphon life's concept, healing warlock for a % of maximum health. Vs a mage is 0 healing now, and 0 healing with the chage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    But for me is better old syphon life's concept, healing warlock for a % of maximum health. Vs a mage is 0 healing now, and 0 healing with the chage
    Thats actually true, it should just heal from a specific amount/tick with no connection to the damage of the tick.

Deleted
    The change still means nothing against absorbs.

this change work also with racial "touch of the grave"? ATM healing from this forsaken's racial is very garbage in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylonaz View Post
    I think it should work similar to Glyph of Healthstone.
    Increase the heal done (By alot) , but make it over a period of time.

And then add a timer to it, lets say every 15 seconds or something.
    It does this now on the ptr, but the problem is the heal isn't enough over time.