Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion vs Starshatter HC

So Starshatter still beats? Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion Normal with 2/2, Legendary gem and prismatic gem vs Starshatter HC 2/2.

Many people saying different things would like a confirmation please =)

Deleted
    afaik for DK Starshatter HC > Shinka because of weapon dmg ? Can imagine its the same for Ret Palas

there is 3847284 posts on this topic, use search button

And fyi upgraded axe(normal) with extra prismatic gem is better than hc sword
    Armory links: Paladin Death Knight

Deleted
    Not really - starshatter HC is still better than primsatic Shinka.

If it's anything like the "LFR Shin'ka vs Normal Starshatter" comparison, they are very close together once you have the legendary gem. Sim it, or pick the transmog you like better.

Normal Shin'ka with Legendary 2/2 gem AND prismatic socket vs HC Starshatter 2/2..

did some testing and this is the result...

Shin'ka Normal With Legendary gem and prismatic socket 2/2 - 145332
    Starshatter Heroic 2/2 - 144899

So Shin'ka normal beats Starshatter apparently
    Last edited by Reckhx; 2013-01-18 at 11:21 PM.

Deleted
    The difference is so small, it is hardly noticable..... so pick whichever you lay your hands on first.

H Shin'ka!

oh wait nvm
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-01-18 at 11:36 PM.

Did some Simc with my gear and this is the result:

Shin'ka Normal 98101 DPS 2/2 legendary gem pris gem etc
    Starshatter HC 97115 DPS

And half the posters are saying Shin'ka and the other half Starshatter... getting confused!

What if you're a human, counting the 1% exp Starshatter gives you ? idk how to sim so can some1 do it ? :x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TehNuub View Post
    Did some Simc with my gear and this is the result:

Shin'ka Normal 98101 DPS 2/2 legendary gem pris gem etc
    Starshatter HC 97115 DPS

And half the posters are saying Shin'ka and the other half Starshatter... getting confused!
    Your results are just very close. 1.01% difference between upgraded Shin'ka Normal and Starshatter HC. It's basically within the margin of error. Pick whatever weapon you want to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    As the others said both of them are so close that hardly noticeable. So pick up whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by TehNuub View Post
    You're not getting a clear answer because there isn't a clear answer. Your results are barely 1% apart. A human's expertise bonus, with a different set of gear, might create a 1% gap the other way. Neither is a clear winner in all cases.

Also, a LOT of the information is coming before the Eye of the Prince addition. They are probably equal now.

Quote Originally Posted by pedjaland View Post
    there is 3847284 posts on this topic, use search button

And fyi upgraded axe(normal) with extra prismatic gem is better than hc sword
    There are very few answers on whether the prismatic gem pushes it over, most of the other posts are over a month old.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawelek View Post
    Not really - starshatter HC is still better than primsatic Shinka.
    No it's not.
    257 wpds vs 320 haste and 429 streg
    1400.54 dps vs 1888.88 dps for me using my stat weights.

this is of course ignoring secondaries because you could make an argument that you make use of all the expertise or none of it. And I'm entirely too lazy to compare beyond that. I know I've reforged out of expertise in all slots. So to me crit + mastery >
    Last edited by Riptide; 2013-01-19 at 09:33 PM.

Here's some napkin math I did a while back.
    Results

with these weights

Now these are pretty subjective. They don't take much into account other than raw stats. I don't know about others, but I'm a little over expertise cap with most of it being reforged away from. So the sword has a lot of wasted stats for me. Not to mention the 1% expertise I get from being human with a sword. A lot of times there is no clear answer for these questions, because it depends a lot on your personal gearing. With the new prismatic socket, I'd wager the axe is better, for me at least.
    Last edited by Revvo; 2013-01-20 at 01:26 AM.

There is no set point a human could express where Shin'ka overtakes Starshatter, or vice versa. Use SimC and find out which one works best for your setup since it will be different depending on gear, race, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Any more info on this? I have both now

Sim your own gear and stop bumping month old threads. The axe is probably better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    Sim your own gear and stop bumping month old threads. The axe is probably better.

This. There is enough info in this thread to make your own assessment.

~Fhi