View Poll Results: What would you like?

Voters
495. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gilnean distric

    166 33.54%
  • Pandarem distric

    37 7.47%
  • Night elf distric

    50 10.10%
  • Paladin´s unique bastion

    77 15.56%
  • HOGGER STATUE

    93 18.79%
  • Other.

    72 14.55%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Elemental Lord Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    8,698
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    What would give you the impression that Jaina would suddenly submit to the wills of Varian? We've already seen that she snubs him at every turn.
    If you want Dalaran to be a part of Stormwind you have to go all the way, which means the citizens of dalaran become subjects to Stormwind, which means they have to answer to the oh so noble house of nobles and Varian. Jaina couldn't really backtalk Varian since they would no longer be equals.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  2. #82
    Legendary! KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    6,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    If you want Dalaran to be a part of Stormwind you have to go all the way, which means the citizens of dalaran become subjects to Stormwind, which means they have to answer to the oh so noble house of nobles and Varian. Jaina couldn't really backtalk Jaina since they would no longer be equals.
    Why do you, again? Where has Varian ever done this? Even when he was King emo, he never imposed his will on his allies. By the way, the House of Nobles is basically defunct now. More than half of the ones we know of are dead because they were with the Defias. The others just don't appear in the game anymore aside from two.

  3. #83
    Elemental Lord Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    8,698
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Why do you, again? Where has Varian ever done this? Even when he was King emo, he never imposed his will on his allies. By the way, the House of Nobles is basically defunct now.
    But the house of Nobles does constantly and they can overrule Varian if they really want to, hence the mess with the Defias. Dalaran would become their new shiny toy. Such a well known city does not deserve such a poor fate.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  4. #84
    Legendary! KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    6,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    But the house of Nobles does constantly and they can overrule Varian if they really want to, hence the mess with the Defias. Dalaran would become their new shiny toy.
    See above post about the House of Nobles. Varian rules exclusively over Stormwind after they, you know, joined the Defias in the majority and/or helped/were mind controlled by Onyxia. The vast majority of them were killed because of joining the Defias, the others either faded into obscurity or have basically kowtowed to Varian.

    There's basically no activity of the House of Nobles in Warcraft lore since the Vanilla quests that are now removed and has happened years ago in the canon. The only thing we even hear about them is a blurb in a Stockade quest. We're told because one of the bosses had a connection to the House of Nobles, lethal force cannot be used. But then we kill him. So there's that.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-02-08 at 04:41 PM.

  5. #85
    Elemental Lord Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    8,698
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    See above post about the House of Nobles. Varian rules exclusively over Stormwind after they, you know, joined the Defias in the majority and/or helped/were mind controlled by Onyxia.

    There's basically no activity of the House of Nobles in Warcraft lore since the Vanilla quests that are now removed and has happened years ago in the canon. The only thing we even hear about them is a blurb in a Stockade quest. We're told because one of the bosses had a connection to the House of Nobles. But then we kill him.
    The nobles are still very powerful ,they are still Stormwinds backbone without their money nothing can be done and they don't hold Varian in high regard.

    The nobles had been drinking enough to loosen their tongues, and as she listened in, King Wrynn's name came up over and over, often spit from the mouth like bitter poison.
    Still you want to transform a city state, that even now is more powerful than Theramore ever has been into a mere sparkly park for Stormwind, so that they may loose their independence for good, being unable to operate on their own? That robs lore of an amazing independent city and replaces it with a dull district with its citizens bound to the royals of Stormwind.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  6. #86
    Legendary! KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    6,878
    The nobles are still very powerful ,they are still Stormwinds backbone without their money nothing can be done and they don't hold Varian in high regard.
    So...they disliked him and were mocking him? SUCH POWER! I like that you quote Varian's leader story, where its basically showing him unilaterally acting on his own regardless of the Nobles. Keep talking about how powerful they are though, I enjoy repeating the same argument ad naseum. I can quote the short story too, proving my point. And its even on the same page as what you quoted from!

    Jaina tried to smile, and the baron smiled back, but it only served to highlight the swine-like features of his face. He gave her a wink. "We know you and the king are close. We need you to reason with him. Make King Wrynn listen to his nobles; get him to find peace where we can and make sure that damn dragon is taken care of before there isn't a city left for us to trade with."
    And then there's also the end of Varian's short story, where the Nobles coalesce behind Varian and start cheering for him.

    Still you want to transform a city state, that even now is more powerful than Theramore ever has been into a mere sparkly park for Stormwind, so that they may loose their independence for good, being unable to operate on their own? That robs lore of an amazing independent city and replaces it with a dull district with its citizens bound to the royals of Stormwind.
    Like I said, there's really nothing supporting the argument that Jaina would suddenly give up all authority over Dalaran if it moved where the Park was. That's kind of the point of a city-state.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-02-08 at 04:51 PM.

  7. #87
    I am Murloc! Scummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    According to what? The Silverpine quests have you killing everyone there and then they become Forsaken. They even participate in the final battle against Gilneas on the side of Sylvanas.
    http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...0&postcount=93 (A collection of Insane Guy of Doom's/Red Shirt Guy conversations with Metzen)

    They've made a pigs ear out of making it not public, but according to Metzen they are non-canon.

  8. #88
    Warchief Vayjir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    2,232
    How about build it up to be a airport for the huge airships that seems to be getting quite popular by both horde and alliance.

  9. #89
    Legendary! KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    6,878
    http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...0&postcount=93

    They've made a pigs ear out of making it public, but according to Metzen they are non-canon.
    That's very interesting. Although, are we to assume that the non-canonical part would be them being Kirin Tor (Instead of "Alliance Magi") or them being killed?

    Regardless of the answer, though, its still pretty irrelevant. Those forces don't really constitute a Kingdom. Rag tag remnants of a force, I suppose. Although NOW with the Kirin Tor being Alliance, if those forces were of the Kirin Tor, they're probably dead now.

  10. #90
    Elemental Lord Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    8,698
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    So...they disliked him and were mocking him? SUCH POWER! I like that you quote Varian's leader story, where its basically showing him unilaterally acting on his own regardless of the Nobles. Keep talking about how powerful they are though, I enjoy repeating the same argument ad naseum. I can quote the short story too, proving my point. And its even on the same page as what you quoted from!



    And then there's also the end of Varian's short story, where the Nobles coalesce behind Varian and start cheering for him.
    He can defy the nobles fort now but he can't do it forever, if they truly rally behind someone like our deceased Katrana ,Varian has a serious problem.

    Like I said, there's really nothing supporting the argument that Jaina would suddenly give up all authority over Dalaran if it moved where the Park was. That's kind of the point of a city-state.
    Why do you want to waste Dalaran on Stormwind? It wouldn't be a city state anymore, the moment it became Stormwinds new park it would become another district.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  11. #91
    Petting Zoo

    That's all.

  12. #92
    Legendary! KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    6,878
    He can defy the nobles fort now but he can't do it forever, if they truly rally behind someone like our deceased Katrana ,Varian has a serious problem.
    Why couldn't he? The only time the Nobles supplanted the power of the King was when Onyxia manipulated the situation to take him out of the picture and establish a child as the King, with herself (And the Nobles that she controlled) and Bolvar as the true leaders. Varian himself has authority over Stormwind. Hell, the entire "Oh shit" moment regarding Onyxia, the Defias, and the Nobles was because she was given the power due to Varian being missing. With him back, they really hold no power.

    I suppose in one aspect you'd be right: If someone managed to infiltrate the Stormwind House of Nobles again, take Varian out of the picture, and then influence the majority of the House, then they could control things. But at this point we're talking about "what ifs" instead of "What could they realistically do."

    Why do you want to waste Dalaran on Stormwind? It wouldn't be a city state anymore, the moment it became Stormwinds new park it would become another district.
    Says who? Why would it automatically become so? That makes no sense. Again, that is the very point of a city-state. I never said "Dalaran should join Stormwind." Dalaran giving up its independence and joining the Kingdom of Stormwind is different than Jaina moving the city-state of Dalaran to Stormwind. You're acting like Varian would pound his fist and demand she submit to his will, which has never happened in the lore (And like I said earlier), not even when he was being emo-raging Varian. Then you tried to argue the House of Nobles would do something, and keep on insisting it, despite the overwhelming evidence that Varian does not answer to the Nobles and they really dont hold any legitimate amount of power anymore.

    I'm done arguing in circles though, so I'll leave it there.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-02-08 at 05:41 PM.

  13. #93
    Dreadlord Lostwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Under the couch
    Posts
    996
    Airship docking platform. That's all I can think of, seeing as the entire ground is gone.


  14. #94
    Legendary! KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    6,878
    ^that would be amazing. Reminds me of Lindblum from FF9. I'd be totally for that.

  15. #95
    Elemental Lord Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    8,698
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I suppose in one aspect you'd be right: If someone managed to infiltrate the Stormwind House of Nobles again, take Varian out of the picture, and then influence the majority of the House, then they could control things. But at this point we're talking about "what ifs" instead of "What could they realistically do."
    That is my point though Varian does not need to be removed they stood up to him in the past, they rallied behind Prestor and Varian couldn't pay the defias because of that and the rest is history.


    Says who? Why would it automatically become so? That makes no sense. Again, that is the very point of a city-state. I never said "Dalaran should join Stormwind." Dalaran giving up its independence and joining the Kingdom of Stormwind is different than Jaina moving the city-state of Dalaran to Stormwind. You're acting like Varian would pound his fist and demand she submit to his will, which has never happened in the lore (And like I said earlier), not even when he was being emo-raging Varian. Then you tried to argue the House of Nobles would do something, and keep on insisting it, despite the overwhelming evidence that Varian does not answer to the Nobles and they really dont hold any legitimate amount of power anymore.
    If you move the city there and make it a part of Stormwind to replace the park, it is part of Stormwind why else bother to move it there in the first place? Just moving Dalran there for the lolz makes no sense lorewise. Not to mention the entire layout of the city would become pointless, Stormwind would have far too many vendors, banks, mailboxes etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lostwood View Post
    Airship docking platform. That's all I can think of, seeing as the entire ground is gone.
    Thats more like it
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  16. #96
    Legendary! KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    6,878
    Responding again since you brought up a new point.

    That is my point though Varian does not need to be removed they stood up to him in the past, they rallied behind Prestor and Varian couldn't pay the defias because of that and the rest is history.
    What are you talking about? They stood up to him? Are you talking about the Stonemasons? It's not like they supplanted his position. They were manipulated by the daughter of the Black Dragon Aspect, they really did nothing of their own accord. It was all her manipulation because she wanted to control Stormwind. I don't think you know the history of the Stonemasons and the Defias well enough.

    They didn't rally behind Onyxia, she manipulated and corrupted them of her own accord. The reason the entire Defias group came about was BECAUSE of Onyxia, not Varian. Onyxia had already corrupted the entire house of nobility and most likely half of the Stonemasons as well. She wanted the Defias to form so she could remove Varian herself. This had nothing to do with the power of the House of Nobility, this was the power of Onyxia deliberately manipulating Varian to screw up S tormwind. I have no problem admitting that the House of Nobles were powerful before, but it was because of Onyxia, not their legitimate power in Stormwind's government.

    But they are not the same group as they are now. The vast majority of the once powerful group either died with the Defias or were picked off by other groups.

    I'm honestly not sure how many more ways I can say "Onyxia is responsible for what happened, not the House of Nobles." She purposefully manipulated every single thing that happened, from the Stonemasons not being paid, to Tiffin's death, causing Varian to become weaker spiritually and vulnerable to her magics. Giving any credit to the House of Nobles is just purposefully manipulating the lore to suit your argument.

    If you move the city there and make it a part of Stormwind to replace the park, it is part of Stormwind why else bother to move it there in the first place? Just moving Dalran there for the lolz makes no sense lorewise. Not to mention the entire layout of the city would become pointless, Stormwind would have far too many vendors, banks, mailboxes etc.
    Says who? Why are you so insistent that Jaina would automatically be like "LULZ ALRIGHT TAKE COMPLETE CONTROL OF MY CITY!" You also keep spouting that it doesn't make sense lorewise. Why doesn't it again? Jaina is incredibly close to Anduin and Varian, and she no longer has any homeland to return to. Theramore was blown to hell. Everyone who survived there are no longer residing in the smoking crater in Dustwallow. They've either joined Jaina in Dalaran or went to Stormwind/elsewhere. She has no where else to go lorewise. It makes more sense, especially if the end of MoP has her calming down from her Garroshrage, for her to settle down near Stormwind than fly around in her death fortress.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-02-08 at 07:29 PM.

  17. #97
    A Forsaken embassy.

  18. #98
    Mechagnome Zeglo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    569
    A Paladin Barracks with gilded lining would be pretty cool!

  19. #99
    A waterpark. Seriously, guys, you can't fix "land", it needs to come from somewhere else BEFORE they build up something there.

    ... though now that I think about it, where the hell Deathwing sent the district?

    EDIT: Dalaran is sovereign state, no way it's going to be part of Stormwind Kingdom, even less City.

  20. #100
    Titan Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    13,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavas View Post
    LMAO. This is hilarious.. And I support it.
    Give us ducks.
    And while you at it, make the critters in Org bite people in the legs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •