Poll: What would you like?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Viewing the results of the poll, each day people surprise me more... why the hell we need a Gilnean district in Stormwind?

I know that Gilnean architecture is cool, but honestly, it would look out of place with the rest of the city, and above all: the kingdom of Gilneas has its own capital and its own peninsula! (though in WoW only appears half of the peninsula) Gilneas does not need any district in Stormwind! It is as if in Orgrimmar was established a district with Forsaken architecture...

Besides other hand, Gilneas has always been a very introverted and not expansionist kingdom, so its representation in the rest of Azeroth should logically be very little.

As I said here, I would bet that the old park of Stormwind was rebuilt to accommodate an important segment of the Alliance who currently have neither capital nor any city since they are in exile.

I refer of course to the Quel'dorei, which are a fundamental part of the Alliance, those who despite this have barely received their corresponding tribute and homage.

In fact, I would create an Elven District, especially dedicated to the high elves but also to other elven races as night elves or half elves, and even also will have room for other races that have special relations with the elves, as worgen or draenei.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Viewing the results of the poll, each day people surprise me more... why the hell we need a Gilnean district in Stormwind?

I know that Gilnean architecture is cool, but honestly, it would look out of place with the rest of the city, and above all: the kingdom of Gilneas has its own capital and its own peninsula! (though in WoW only appears half of the peninsula) Gilneas does not need any district in Stormwind! It is as if in Orgrimmar was established a district with Forsaken architecture...

Besides other hand, Gilneas has always been a very introverted and not expansionist kingdom, so its representation in the rest of Azeroth should logically be very little.

As I said here, I would bet that the old park of Stormwind was rebuilt to accommodate an important segment of the Alliance who currently have neither capital nor any city since they are in exile.

I refer of course to the Quel'dorei, which are a fundamental part of the Alliance, those who despite this have barely received their corresponding tribute and homage.

In fact, I would create an Elven District, especially dedicated to the high elves but also to other elven races as night elves or half elves, and even also will have room for other races that have special relations with the elves, as worgen or draenei.
    Let me throw a few things out there.

1. No one wants more elves.

2. No one likes NElves

3. No one thinks HElves will actually be playable.

4. Gilneas needs more exposure. And to finally not be a literal kicked dog.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

People going on about Dalaran landing where the park used to be.. We all know Jaina's gunna land that shit in the Theramore Crater.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

2. No one likes NElves

What kind of importance deserves Gilneas if not even is able to keep their peninsula under control? Gilneas does not deserve a district in Stormwind at all: if they want a home then they must begin recovering their capital! The High Elves are those who have no home!

Moreover, if everyone hates so much the elves, why the gilneans have become pets of Night Elves as well as the Draenei?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

2. No one likes NElves

Reading these forums suggests these opinions are not as universally shared as you think

10+ Year Old Account

Hmmm.. As I remember Gilnean People lost their kingdom as Goblins did. It is now In conflict. It was Shelter of Deathwings child and Twilight Hammer. Forsaken have invaded it. We have battleground called "Battle for Gilneas". All those above clearly indicates that Gilneas doesnt belong to Worgen and even more to Alliance. And in Orgrimmar we have Troll and Goblin disctricts because Orgrimmar is thei shelter. But worgen dont have any district/place to feel home. Their king is in Stormwind but their quartermaster is in Darnassus. Why? Gnomes who live in Ironforge have their place in Ironforge near the train station. I dont say that blizzard should set there building like in gilneas and set fog in these streets like it is in Gilneas. But to make district where Worgen will have their own class trainers, inn, some profession trainers etc. and place quartermaster in Stormwind.

Orgrimmar was established a district with Forsaken architecture
    Forsaken have their own city, it is very weak example. Every other race that has shelter in Big Cities have their own district. Worgens DONT.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    Reading these forums suggests these opinions are not as universally shared as you think
    It's okay, since he's an admitted "Permanent Ex-WoW player" because of Tri-Spec, it's understandable that he no longer has his finger on the pulse of the player community at large.

10+ Year Old Account

2. No one likes NElves

Let me throw a few things out there myself.

1. Your opinion =/= everyone else's opinion. You don't speak for anyone but yourself, no matter how cool it might be to think otherwise.

2. See #1. I know people who will only play night elves and no, I don't mean preteen boys.

3. High Elves are one of, if not the, most commonly requested Alliance playable races. Blizz tends to add things that lots of people consistently ask for (pandaren, death knights, dual spec, Stampede, etc) so, you do the math on their chances at being playable.

4. On this point I agree completely. Gilneas is an amazing city that needs to be, you know, a functioning city and not a BG (IMO).

10+ Year Old Account
    Moreover, if everyone hates so much the elves, why the gilneans have become pets of Night Elves as well as the Draenei?
    Pets? What makes you say that? Night elves are first one to blame this curse even exists. Malfurion felt guilty and HE ALL BY HIMSELF offered help to them and promised to be part of Alliance. and I cant See Draenei being anyones pets. They are one of the most independent races. Most uncontrolled. No one can order their leader do something Its VELEN himself xD

10+ Year Old Account
    A Waterpark would be fun.

---------- Post added 2013-04-05 at 04:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Let me throw a few things out there myself.

1. Your opinion =/= everyone else's opinion. You don't speak for anyone but yourself, no matter how cool it might be to think otherwise.

2. See #1. I know people who will only play night elves and no, I don't mean preteen boys.

3. High Elves are one of, if not the, most commonly requested Alliance playable races. Blizz tends to add things that lots of people consistently ask for (pandaren, death knights, dual spec, Stampede, etc) so, you do the math on their chances at being playable.

4. On this point I agree completely. Gilneas is an amazing city that needs to be, you know, a functioning city and not a BG (IMO).
    It is ironic that your first point applies to each of your subsequent points minus #2.

I will comment on #4 though; If it was made into an actual city, the closeness of it to Undercity would mean that the alliance would be under constant attack *constant* attack.

And by Alliance, I mean the guards, because how populated are the other cities outside of Ogrimmar and Stormwind (and the vale towns now)?
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

What kind of importance deserves Gilneas if not even is able to keep their peninsula under control? Gilneas does not deserve a district in Stormwind at all: if they want a home then they must begin recovering their capital! The High Elves are those who have no home!

Why High Elves deserve their own district? They cant even retake their own capital.

10+ Year Old Account
    A strip club.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    I will comment on #4 though; If it was made into an actual city, the closeness of it to Undercity would mean that the alliance would be under constant attack *constant* attack.
    And by Alliance, I mean the guards, because how populated are the other cities outside of Ogrimmar and Stormwind (and the vale towns now)?
    Couldn't the same thing be said about Undercity? Granted the surrounding areas are Horde/Forsaken dominated lowbie leveling zones, but Undercity isn't really highly populated anymore than Darnassus is for Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gilneas area, since we already have their king in our own capital, i would like to see have them their own district, Same dwarven has.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    They schould build a new park destrict like the other. Lets rebuild the district in the same spirit as the old district.

If we have an Azshara expansion soon I'd want it to become a home for our new fishy friends, the Murlocs (well half, as the Blues have said that they're 'too cool to give to just one side or the other' most recently) who we save from the mean evil queen. They could clean out the ash, and add lots of wood structures, steps, piers, and Murloc hovels and maybe some new swamp foilage and willow trees. Maybe it could connect to SW harbor at the bottom too since they're similar districts. :3
    Stabby stab stab.
    Avatar courtesy of Kelly Aarons of woweh.com

10+ Year Old Account

Oh my god your colorful diatribe makes me want to rip out my own eyes but goddamnint I agree with this.

Give Ros'eleth a place to plant her goddamned Olemba seeds!!!

---------- Post added 2013-04-06 at 04:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lionspride View Post
    Gilneas area, since we already have their king in our own capital, i would like to see have them their own district, Same dwarven has.
    The dwarven district pretty much is all human architecture, so a gilnean district wouldn't have gilnean architecture either. I mean, sure, some standards and wagons, maybe some palette swapped roofs and walls, but using the -admittedly awesome- true gilnean architecture would feel too out of place for Stormwind.

I think the park should become an "embassy" of sorts for all the other alliance races, with buildings dedicated to each of the alliance races -but with a predominantely human architecture-lots of banners and standars. I think it's the best use it could be given to the park.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post

The dwarven district pretty much is all human architecture, so a gilnean district wouldn't have gilnean architecture either. I mean, sure, some standards and wagons, maybe some palette swapped roofs and walls, but using the -admittedly awesome- true gilnean architecture would feel too out of place for Stormwind.
    Yes I agree. I Dont even say that this district should have dark, gloomy and dull style building and fog in the streets (as I mentioned in previous posts). Surely it would feel dumb. Its just Personally I want to see Worgen place in Storwmwind, because i got feeling that they are treated like real dogs. Where do they live ? in Teldrassil Woods ? Like they did in Wolfheart? Idk Varian adored those creatures at the end of the book so I guess logically we will see Gilnean district (Storwmwind architecture).

Horde embassy all the way!
    I'm dead serious btw.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavas View Post
    How do you know it's a duck pond if there aren't any ducks?

On Topic: I like the idea of a mixed district, for all the other races that haven't got proper places in Stormwind yet - the draenei, the night elves, the worgen, and the Pandaren. Stormwind likes to see itself as the 'capital' of the new Alliance, so it's needs some sort of proper representation to all the races.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.