Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Without the US military, its economy would be a joke.
    Those three meals you can afford every day? You owe that to the military. You might not like it, but you do.

Have a nice meal.
    Yeah, because the military armed personnel are there spoon feeding me every meal. They're just low lifes who choose that route just because they can't afford college or were too dumb to make it to one in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by volkanik View Post
    What are your thoughts on these people? Every time I hear someone talk about the military and how thankful they are for them for fighting for our freedom and defending our country, I just die a little inside, and seriously want to punch a hole in the wall with my head. No they are not fighting for our freedom, and no they are not defending our country. No country in the Middle East is a serious threat to the United States. Their response: "But we're over there to combat terrorism". Wake the fuck up, terrorists are everywhere. That guy that shot a bunch of kids in that Sandy Hook elementary school, terrorist. That guy that shot all those people in that movie theater in Colorado, terrorist. That guy that shot a crap ton of people in Norway, terrorist. You can not go to a specific part of the world in hopes of combating an idea. It's simply propaganda.

The only time they are defending us is if our country is in danger like when Japan bombed the shit out of Pearl Harbor in WW2.
    Usually when people make these claims, it's to show how they are thankful for them. I am glad as hell for what our soldiers are doing. You can't expect the whole military to be everywhere all the time. No one ever thinks of a school as a potential combat zone, or a movie theater. Tragedies? Yes. But to have the military stationed at such places is ridiculous, considering these acts shouldn't be happening in the first place.

Regardless, I am thankful for our armed forces. They aren't perfect, and I don't expect them to be.
    Call me House.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarnaxxx View Post
    Haha this is the best post of the thread.. we joined the military for the MONEY?
    Incredibly naive. Most enlistees have no other prospects. The military offers monetary incentives because simply wanting to serve and die for your country has lost much appeal. Even the slowest of the slow can see that. Sure there are military families that love the shit, but they are rare. Most serve and gtfo.

Increase the pay and see more people signing up. Why, because money is the main motivation for people to do anything.

*snip*
    A really simple question, You have the right to post this garbage, How did you get this right, and who is defending that right?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    A really simple question, You have the right to post this garbage, How did you get this right, and who is defending that right?
    the forumrules of a foreign website
    secretly gay

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Remember, a firearm homicide is not always firearm violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

The constitution. The soldiers today do nothing to uphold my rights because we are not under attack by any foreign NATIONS. The main enemies of my rights today are politicians and the military does nothing to help protect us from them.

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Fake patriot is you. And stop saying that other people are spouting bullshit when you do not provide any support.

30% of returning soldiers have PTSD, and those are just the reported cases. How is that acceptable? That is about 1/3. That is not "some people".

As for this not signing up for money crap, that just blows my mind. Why the fuck do we offer such monetary incentives? You even act like a GI is not money. What the fuck do you think that it is used for? You actually think that most people sign up to serve? That is incredibly naive. Then why have enlistment incentives if all these folks are just doing it for the pride of serving their country. Maybe the top tier soldiers, like rangers and seals, do it for pride or service, but not the majority.
    Pretty tough to call someone a fake patriot behind the safety of your computer screen. I served my country with distinction and I'd do it again. Your sorry ass otoh wouldn't cut it.

The 30% number is highly inflated. Any number of potential symptoms or issues could lead someone to believe they experienced PTSD. If you knew government testing standards or had the intelligence level of anything above a gnat you could have deduced that for yourself.

I don't think that people sign up to serve. I know they did because my ass was out there on the line with them. Sure there were some that wanted the college money. That's great but the vast majority of them were Reservists or National Guard.

Why does anyone offer signing bonuses, investments or benefits? Because it helps recruit genius. It's not just the military.

Damn liberals.

Scarab Lord
    I agree it part with the OP, but I don't dislike/hate the troops, only the politicians that drag them halfway across the globe to liberate some random nation deemed worthy of being our puppet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nos View Post
    What a new and fresh opinion. But wouldn't it be cheaper for us to just drill for oil on our own land?
    Not at all. If they get more oil somewhere else, they can afford to pay to transport it.

England, Earth, Sol Star System, Milkyway Galaxy
    No country in the Middle East is a serious threat to the United States.
    Tuesday, September 11, 2001 8:46 am – 10:28 am

I suggest you go look up that date, Hang your head in shame, and apologize to all the service personnel that are on these forums.
    CPU :- AMD FX6350 oc 4.4ghz
    Ram :- 8gb DDR3
    Mobo :- Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    GPU :- XFX Radeon 6950 2GB
    Cooling :- Corsair H50

Army protecting.... such a fairy tale... In 25 years, private armies > all national armies of the world... then you'll see what the defenders of the right justice really are.
    (LMAO)

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    I suggest you go look up that date, Hang your head in shame, and apologize to all the service personnel that are on these forums.
    I suggest you to kill one million irakians, because at least 3 millions wasn't enough... Yeah wasn't a genocide, they were guilty !!!
    Last edited by Paraclef; 2013-02-07 at 06:40 PM.
    GC : We try very hard not to monkey around with things just for the sake of changing, but it's easy to play the "I didn't see feedback on X, therefore there wasn't feedback on X" card.

The ultimate feminism move to liberate all the women from penis, will be EXCISION.

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymei View Post
    I don't owe shit to anything or anyone.
    It's this kind of entitled attitude that pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    Tuesday, September 11, 2001 8:46 am – 10:28 am

Yes because that attack was one made by a nation, and not a terrorist organization? And although tragic, I don't think it constitutes a serious threat to our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    Army protecting.... such a fairy tale... In 25 years, private armies > all national armies of the world... then you'll see what the defenders of the right justice really are.
    (LMAO)
    Anyone got a translation of this sentence?

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Killing people to do so isn't the right way. There are other ways.
    Okay..

First: i don't know what picture you got in your head, but we are not a bunch of trigger-fingers running around killing random arabs. we patrolls the street, speaks with the locals, and most of them actually aprecciate our efforts. I have made quiet a few friends down there.

second: If you think that trying to speak nicely and trying to negotiate with an armed militia firering with AK-47's and planting road-side bombs, blowing up school busses, then you got one twisted mind in my opinion.

I was in Afghanistan for 6 month. I was lucky i wasn't in one of the more dangerous zones down there, but i got my share of it. after i had been down there for a month, a guy from one of the other teams was killed by a road-side bomb, planted by a 12 years old recruit from taliban.

I myself didn't kill anyone down there, and i'm more than happy about that. But i have shot a guy in the shoulder, and another one in the leg, because in most cases, we don't shoot to kill, we shoot to defuse the armed opposition. Shooting to kill is a last resort when you don't have any other choise.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    The soldiers today do nothing to uphold my rights because we are not under attack by any foreign NATIONS.
    And if tomorrow we were attacked by a foreign nation, who would defend us?

Just because we're not currently under attack by foreign nations doesn't mean that the soldiers currently serving, today, are not prepared for such an action. The deterrence of the US military being what it is, is justification enough to say that they are indeed, today, defending our rights.

Every hour they train, every minute they spend away from their friends and families preparing to defend our rights when necessary, their surrender of basic rights afforded to citizens while serving. All these actions are the actions of the men and women protecting our rights, today.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    Yes because that attack was one made by a nation, and not a terrorist organization. And although tragic, I don't think it constitutes a serious threat to our country.
    Terrorism doesn't pose a serious threat to your country? Are you actually out of your mind?

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukex View Post
    Yeah, because the military armed personnel are there spoon feeding me every meal. They're just low lifes who choose that route just because they can't afford college or were too dumb to make it to one in the first place.
    Says the punk from Chicago that flips burgers for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Scinder View Post
    Pretty tough to call someone a fake patriot behind the safety of your computer screen. I served my country with distinction and I'd do it again. Your sorry ass otoh wouldn't cut it.

The 30% number is highly inflated. Any number of potential symptoms or issues could lead someone to believe they experienced PTSD. If you knew government testing standards or had the intelligence level of anything above a gnat you could have deduced that for yourself.

I don't think that people sign up to serve. I know they did because my ass was out there on the line with them. Sure there were some that wanted the college money. That's great but the vast majority of them were Reservists or National Guard.

Why does anyone offer signing bonuses, investments or benefits? Because it helps recruit genius. It's not just the military.

Damn liberals.
    Serving in the military does not make you a patriot. Funny how you followed government words as gospel there yet scoff at government published data. My father suffers from PTSD and works closely with the VA to help the massive number of folks returning from overseas with mental issues. Problem is that people like you are out there downplaying their illness and many do not seek help. They just swallow bullets.

More opinion by you and no information to back it up. At least you admit that money is a main reason for enlistment now.

And LOL at the last part I just saw. "Damned liberals". I love being called a liberal, just do not call me a Democrat.

Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    Anyone got a translation of this sentence?
    i tried google translate, all it gave me was "DERP!"
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.