• Eternal youth elixir

37 24.67%
  • Nuclear fusion

21 14.00%
  • Other

17 11.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Of the ones on the list: nuclear fusion. Because any new technology we make requires a power source.

And not on the list? FTL travel.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

I picked time machine but X-ray glasses so I can see lots o' boobies would be awesome.....

Anything that gives perfect health (both mental and physical)

I would like to pick teleportation and maybe time machine, but I don't think it would matter because these things won't ever be on the market as it would make trafficing drugs and whatnot way easier, so it would only be used by /kept secret by whichever country invents it or shared between countries' secret organizations

Teleportation would be great, but if everyone could do it and it was free, the whole worlds economy would probably collapse.

This may spark an argument but I want to talk a little more about the Eternal Youth Potion or anything that results in immortality (or even simply cures most diseases).

The population as it stands is already overbearing on the planet. Eternal Youth potions or even anything that abolishes disease would be our downfall. Sure we can put in laws that restrict how many children people can have, but it's a global epidemic and it will be impossible to control this for everyone. China did it for a while and for good reason, but it's over now and you could see how many extra deaths they had from families killing their daughters to try for boy.

I don't wish for pain, disease, or for anyone to die, but the fact is that it's a way of dwindling the ever growing population. Finding the cure for cancer would be amazing, finding the cure for everything would kill us.

Other: Zero Point Module.

Stargate watchers/fans will know what i'm talking about. ^_^

It's a device that draws vacuum energy from an artificially generated pocket of subspace, providing massive amounts of clean energy for an exceptionally long time.

Best part? They're disposable! They're the universes most potent double A battery! XD
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

something that would allow for life on other planets earth is so droll :P
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

England, Earth, Sol Star System, Milkyway Galaxy
    Eternal youth elixir.
    Sure the earth may become overpopulated for a few hundred years, but there are many other planets and moons in our solar system, and I have no doubt that we will in time populate them. Given enough time the other technology on the list would become available, and things like FTL travel would open up the rest of the universe and the population problem would become void.

Time travel would be pretty awesome. I've heard a lot of stories about awesome things some of my older relatives (who died before I was born) did back in their younger days and always thought it'd be cool to meet some of them.

Other: holodeck. /closethread
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    Cold fusion by far. It would solve a lot of our energy problems.

it already exists, and there are 3 major forms, 1 in the US, 1 in europe (based in the UK), and one in asia (based in japan), however, the process is only active for fractions of a microsecond, as we do not have the materials on earth to contain the force of such a reaction yet, i believe these 3 research companies are working on understanding the forces that go into such things and working on developing the materials needed to sustain a long term fusion reaction. i remember there was a BBC documentary on the subject a while back, can't remember much more than that sorry, if u have a look at the archives, u will probably find the film, if memory serves it was presented by Prof. brian cox

Affordable, safe (enough) personal jetpacks, and being able to speed up particles past the speed of light....to increase the speed of my internet connection.

flying machine? don't we already have these things called planes?

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    it already exists, and there are 3 major forms, 1 in the US, 1 in europe (based in the UK), and one in asia (based in japan), however, the process is only active for fractions of a microsecond, as we do not have the materials on earth to contain the force of such a reaction yet, i believe these 3 research companies are working on understanding the forces that go into such things and working on developing the materials needed to sustain a long term fusion reaction. i remember there was a BBC documentary on the subject a while back, can't remember much more than that sorry, if u have a look at the archives, u will probably find the film, if memory serves it was presented by Prof. brian cox
    It's not a problem if cold fusion existing, its a problem of making it work on a large scale to power our cities in a cost effective manner.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

The cape of invisibility for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    flying machine? don't we already have these things called planes?
    Oops. Yeah, I wanted to mean the flying car.

I picked teleportation. Would be nice to just teleport somewhere instead of taking the long trip. I wanted to pick dream recording too, I've always wanted to actually watch what I was dreaming because I forget most of it. I would also like hover vehicles and space travel.
    “Ever wonder why ice cubes taste so boring? It’s cuz you make ‘em outta stupid water, you bimbo! Put some fruit juice in there and freeze it into ice cubes, and put THAT in your milk.”
    "One small mankind and I'm gonna leap the heck outta this moon rocket." - Kneel Aurmstrang
    For your health.

I was promised flying cars, dammit! Someone needs to get on this, a.s.a.p.! :P

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Brain implants that would give you access to new libraries of information or even processing power.
    Data jack like from Cyberpunk or Shadowrun. Don't know about something? need to know how to do something at an expert level, jack-in, or slip a data chip in your data slot and "know it".