Poll: Which one?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I picked time machine but X-ray glasses so I can see lots o' boobies would be awesome.....

Deleted
    Anything that gives perfect health (both mental and physical)

Deleted
    I would like to pick teleportation and maybe time machine, but I don't think it would matter because these things won't ever be on the market as it would make trafficing drugs and whatnot way easier, so it would only be used by /kept secret by whichever country invents it or shared between countries' secret organizations

Teleportation would be great, but if everyone could do it and it was free, the whole worlds economy would probably collapse.

10+ Year Old Account
    This may spark an argument but I want to talk a little more about the Eternal Youth Potion or anything that results in immortality (or even simply cures most diseases).

The population as it stands is already overbearing on the planet. Eternal Youth potions or even anything that abolishes disease would be our downfall. Sure we can put in laws that restrict how many children people can have, but it's a global epidemic and it will be impossible to control this for everyone. China did it for a while and for good reason, but it's over now and you could see how many extra deaths they had from families killing their daughters to try for boy.

I don't wish for pain, disease, or for anyone to die, but the fact is that it's a way of dwindling the ever growing population. Finding the cure for cancer would be amazing, finding the cure for everything would kill us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Other: Zero Point Module.

Stargate watchers/fans will know what i'm talking about. ^_^

It's a device that draws vacuum energy from an artificially generated pocket of subspace, providing massive amounts of clean energy for an exceptionally long time.

Best part? They're disposable! They're the universes most potent double A battery! XD
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    something that would allow for life on other planets earth is so droll :P
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Deleted
    Eternal youth elixir.
    Sure the earth may become overpopulated for a few hundred years, but there are many other planets and moons in our solar system, and I have no doubt that we will in time populate them. Given enough time the other technology on the list would become available, and things like FTL travel would open up the rest of the universe and the population problem would become void.

Time travel would be pretty awesome. I've heard a lot of stories about awesome things some of my older relatives (who died before I was born) did back in their younger days and always thought it'd be cool to meet some of them.

Other: holodeck. /closethread
    "Peace is a lie"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    Cold fusion by far. It would solve a lot of our energy problems.

it already exists, and there are 3 major forms, 1 in the US, 1 in europe (based in the UK), and one in asia (based in japan), however, the process is only active for fractions of a microsecond, as we do not have the materials on earth to contain the force of such a reaction yet, i believe these 3 research companies are working on understanding the forces that go into such things and working on developing the materials needed to sustain a long term fusion reaction. i remember there was a BBC documentary on the subject a while back, can't remember much more than that sorry, if u have a look at the archives, u will probably find the film, if memory serves it was presented by Prof. brian cox

Affordable, safe (enough) personal jetpacks, and being able to speed up particles past the speed of light....to increase the speed of my internet connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    flying machine? don't we already have these things called planes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    it already exists, and there are 3 major forms, 1 in the US, 1 in europe (based in the UK), and one in asia (based in japan), however, the process is only active for fractions of a microsecond, as we do not have the materials on earth to contain the force of such a reaction yet, i believe these 3 research companies are working on understanding the forces that go into such things and working on developing the materials needed to sustain a long term fusion reaction. i remember there was a BBC documentary on the subject a while back, can't remember much more than that sorry, if u have a look at the archives, u will probably find the film, if memory serves it was presented by Prof. brian cox
    It's not a problem if cold fusion existing, its a problem of making it work on a large scale to power our cities in a cost effective manner.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    The cape of invisibility for obvious reasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    flying machine? don't we already have these things called planes?
    Oops. Yeah, I wanted to mean the flying car.

10+ Year Old Account
    I picked teleportation. Would be nice to just teleport somewhere instead of taking the long trip. I wanted to pick dream recording too, I've always wanted to actually watch what I was dreaming because I forget most of it. I would also like hover vehicles and space travel.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

15+ Year Old Account
    I was promised flying cars, dammit! Someone needs to get on this, a.s.a.p.! :P
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Brain implants that would give you access to new libraries of information or even processing power.
    Data jack like from Cyberpunk or Shadowrun. Don't know about something? need to know how to do something at an expert level, jack-in, or slip a data chip in your data slot and "know it".

Eh, I voted teleportation, for the simple cool factor, and not having to have a fucking pain in the ass car to go eveywhere would be really awesome. If it ever happens to be possible, though, I don't expect anything biological to actually be able to teleport and end up not dead at the other end. However, I would definitely not get tired of being able to teleport anywhere in the world whenever I wanted if this actually became possible. I guess a time machine would be even more awesome but to apply the real world a bit, I think it's been pretty much proven that you can only travel into the future (by going really, really fast), never back, which seems like a bad idea when you have no idea what lies ahead.

Youth elixir sounds great and all in theory, and I don't mean to imply that I'm eager to be dead any time soon, but, honestly, I'm not so sure I would want to be immortal. I mean, I guess I could still get run over by a bus and die that way, and I really wouldn't mind aging a lot slower, but....I don't know.