Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    if he knew what he was talking about he would have rolled a ranged class. lul
    Never happening. rogue4life

Quote Originally Posted by blusenho View Post
    Edit: As others have said, the priest should go discipline. The rogue should go combat. The hunter should go survival. Almost everyone should be in their best aoe specs.
    Ill look into the rest, adds we -tried- to group, sometimes they werent so cooperative. The final part the rogue side didnt seem fitting, im seeing now that squirl already covered it, but combat's AoE isnt that great, this fight seems like ill be mostly single target, then once i begin switching to the adds (after 4 or so) then ill be mostly AoEing, this would be mut's area in both accounts. Combat would only win if there was one or 2 adds, and they stayed near the boss.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 05:30 PM ----------

Rogue has existed for 4 expansions and im sure he will continue to. Not always the best but never a time when atleast one rogue spec isnt "good" if not "great". as is, im able to keep up one of the higher DPSes (i can be highest if the lock isnt on his game). I lose due to lacking multi DoTing on certain fights, but i think that's made up for by fights like vizier and will where i can stand out or throw myself on bombs easily for the group.

everyone reroll locks!
    Last edited by eijin; 2013-02-07 at 11:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eijin View Post

everyone reroll locks!

i wish squirl would listen to that kind of reasoning, sick of trying to hint that to him every raid night

i wish squirl would listen to that kind of reasoning, sick of trying to hint that to him every raid night
    Im picking up that you two might know eachother . i have a counter to this. let me find it.. darn slow work computer..

Hey GC, for how long are Arcane and Affliction going to remain 8-10% above all other classes/specs on bosses overall?
    Probably until 5.2. We think they are both overpowered, but not so bad that hotfixes are critical. We'll keep an eye on it.
    source:https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...88907180613632

enjoy it while it last!
    Last edited by eijin; 2013-02-07 at 11:56 PM.

Deleted
    1) Naked and afriad/dread thrash: sadly, i know it makes it harder to answer, but something about these abilities mess up our tanks pretty bad. cooldowns for thrash and taunt swaps for NaA but they talk about something between them being random and hard to predict. Both tanks usually do well and have dbm/big wigs (i think my entire guild shy of myself moved to big wigs last night). The 30% damage reducition from the ball seems like it could be helpful for dread thrash, however it would mean more raid damage from adds, we have not been using it.
    Tell them to watch the buffs Sha gets. He gets a "trash" buff and the color tells you which one it is (normal or dread). Your blood dk could glyph his IBF and that way they can both tank the same amount of time. The timers are off in this phase and even though he gets the trash buff he can still go into a submerge in which case you use externals.

Throwing the ball on the tanks can get very messy with the adds and the frontal cone he does if your tanks aren't ready for it. Obviously it's a good idea and it's doable, but hard to master.

Ah my bad on the rogue spec comment (we have a rogue who basically has never not been combat before, so I'll have to give him shit after comparing dps to other specs for sha).
    Aerzara, Discipline Priest
    <Modest> 14/14H - US 2nd 10m Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Moocares View Post
    Tell them to watch the buffs Sha gets. He gets a "trash" buff and the color tells you which one it is (normal or dread). Your blood dk could glyph his IBF and that way they can both tank the same amount of time. The timers are off in this phase and even though he gets the trash buff he can still go into a submerge in which case you use externals.

Throwing the ball on the tanks can get very messy with the adds and the frontal cone he does if your tanks aren't ready for it. Obviously it's a good idea and it's doable, but hard to master.
    oh! didnt know he got a buff for thrash. thanks! sounds easy to power aura. and yeah the ball to the tank was just an idea, sounds like it isnt a good one :P

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We have three possible tanks for this fight (warrior, monk, druid) and one of them has to be the warrior due to gear. Both the druid and the monk are very capable DPS classes, but which would be better for P2 in an overall package? Whether it be DPS to kill adds and boss faster or from a soaking stand point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    We have three possible tanks for this fight (warrior, monk, druid) and one of them has to be the warrior due to gear. Both the druid and the monk are very capable DPS classes, but which would be better for P2 in an overall package? Whether it be DPS to kill adds and boss faster or from a soaking stand point.
    If the druid can go boomkin, do that. BrM do insane damage anyway, so druid dps/monk tank is probably better in any case. Elusive Brew is pretty OP for Thrash as well.

Tanking:

DThrash indication from bigwigs is pretty solid, but don't blow your CDs instantly when a DThrash message appears (he has a pretty high swingtime).
    Instead when a message appears be aware of the following facts:

x) his spells delay his meleehits
    x) worst-case chains like "Huddle - Submerge - Implacable Strike" may delay his next melee hit to the extent that the Trash/DThrash buff falls off

Situation 2 is a bit tricky: Although the DThrash buff is gone, one of his next hits (not necessarily the first one!) will be a "hidden" 6x Hit - so make sure to pop CDs at the end of the worst-case chain in any case - I guess this is the "RNG" element your tanks are referring to.

Warriors are very solid for eating DThrashes because they can survive 100% reliable with SBlock + Last Stand / SBlock + Shield Wall (Dthrash comes approximately 1x a minute, SWall + LS are on 2 mins CD each with 2pc set bonus) - in our setup I (warrior) am tanking the whole P2, the offtank simply taunts off all Naked+Afraids.
    Last edited by Tseng; 2013-02-08 at 12:55 PM.

Apparently the problem our tanks were having is if he submerges with both naked and afraid and D thrash queued up, usually he would do N&A first, but sometimes (rarely) he wouldnt. while it wasnt the norm, if he decided to pop a Dthrash on a tank expecting to end up naked, dead tank

15+ Year Old Account
    He has the longest swing ever your tanks should be able to watch his arm to see if he's starting a swing or using another ability.

Ahh, tera style. Ill carry that along. supposedly half my guildies are aware of this thread, yet it seems to only be me posting..

Deleted
    Ahh, tera style. Ill carry that along. supposedly half my guildies are aware of this thread, yet it seems to only be me posting..
    Well atleast the guild name suits them
    On topic though: Since most good tips have already been mentioned i good only come up with 1 more thing that really helped my guild killing this boss, On every huddle with 3 adds or more we always had some sort of external raid cd ready and those who have personals like dark bargain/dispersion save them for the occasion of having 1 healer huddled due to it causing a lot of random deaths if the throwing wasnt done properly which i know doesnt happen 100% of the time on progress. Example of CDs we had was rallying cry/ Spriest and feral tranq/dispersion/dark bargain/VE/healer CDs. Note though that even if Disc priests are really good because of their dps and lots of different cds i would still not make the Spriest go disc unless he really plays it as well as his MS and has the gear for it due to Spriests actually being strong in this fight when it matters the most, they have a lot of different external cds and their add dps when the boss is below 20% is insane due to halo/mindsear with ToF up 100% of the time.

Anyways my biggest point was that when its 3 adds or more always have 2-3 people ready to blow a cd depending on who gets huddled, also healers will love if everybody starts moving before each spout, IT REALLY HELPS !! When the single deaths from these abilities are removed the boss is a piece of cake really, just need some endurance.

we -usually- do pretty well at breaking huddle almost instantly. travel time can suck though but someone on another thread suggested hand of purity and its been amazing.

you mentioned the ocasion of having one healer huddled, it seems for us 1 healer is huddled every time? its always 1 healer and 2 DPS that ive noticed, we throw the skull to the healer first then the 2 DPS (usually the 2 DPS are spamming our throw macro on eachother once the healer gets it :P) . Our shadow priest plays disc well, any fight when you need a 3rd healer he switches over.

Yeah we still ocasionally lose someone to spout, biggest issue seems to be the add's random target abilities hitting the same person multiple times + huddle or water spout on that person resulting in insta-gib. now that we've gotten better i could definately see holy pally + disc priest healing this fight.

Deleted
    we -usually- do pretty well at breaking huddle almost instantly. travel time can suck though but someone on another thread suggested hand of purity and its been amazing.

you mentioned the ocasion of having one healer huddled, it seems for us 1 healer is huddled every time? its always 1 healer and 2 DPS that ive noticed, we throw the skull to the healer first then the 2 DPS (usually the 2 DPS are spamming our throw macro on eachother once the healer gets it :P) . Our shadow priest plays disc well, any fight when you need a 3rd healer he switches over.

Yeah we still ocasionally lose someone to spout, biggest issue seems to be the add's random target abilities hitting the same person multiple times + huddle or water spout on that person resulting in insta-gib. now that we've gotten better i could definately see holy pally + disc priest healing this fight.
    You are correct a Hpally and a Dpriest is probably the strongest comp you can get for this fight and seeing as i quickly looked over some logs for your Spriest and especially on sha he is doing nowhere near the dps of what he should and in fact he isnt doing that on most bosses but thats another issue, my point is that having him go disc if he plays on the same level as he does as shadow will give you a lot more if you can just have another decent dps instead. Being below 80k as a Spriest in 12 min sha heroic try is to me outstanding in a bad way. I hope im not too harsh.
    When playing disc on this i would recommend spirit shelling every 2nd submerge with 3 adds or more( so its up when adds spawn and a possible spout/huddle/strike) the times he isnt shelling you can use other externals, even if you think the throwing of the ball is done, not having cds up with perfect throws will still most likely kill someone with 5-6+ adds and if they take a spout hit without a cd too there is nothing else than death to them. This is why always having a cd up pre-emptively will help you prevent deaths from anything, it can even prevent spout mistakes and gives you more room to juggle and get further in to the fight and see those last % which you need more than 1 raid cd to survive.

Deleted
    Also i forgot to mention, having the light on a healer when huddles goes out is the best way to do of it if possible due to never getting the occasion of having both healers feared that way. This will also reduce the chance of even having 1 healer huddled as you said you guys usually do, that tbh is the problem im seeing is the most important for you guys. Even having 1 healer huddled with 4+ adds is never a fun sight.

More room to juggle is always helpful, ill talk to our spriest and see what is up. good guy and usually good performance (expecially on DoT cleave fights). Given, one time he got converted by vizier and stayed that way even after the wipe, leading to song of the empress going an hour later (after trying to reset the instance and so on. he had to force close WoW to log off to even get that far). So, we have to watch him as he might be a traitor

I wanna say usually the boomkin has the light to begin with? totally not my area, but i dont think we've ever had both healers feared, maybe one of the healers has it. (boomkin and 2 healers make a triangle that most of the fight takes place within).

So far we've rarely used CDs, then again we've only once really made it past 4 adds with noone dead x.x;. Sadly it doesnt seem to be 1 problem that is outright owning us. it -feels- like we're one attempt with everyone on their game away from a kill! or an enrage.. does he enrage?

1 more thing we've found,
    cooldowns reset a few sec after zoning into phase 2, i can pop shadow focus and it will be reset as he starts to move towards us resulting in 18 sec uptime on it before the first submerge, then all my CDs after the first emerge with lust. For whatever reason this does NOT work with lust. it actually takes lust off you when it resets your CDs

Deleted
    To be honest about the cd resetting i have no idea since we only used our cds right when we come in to p2 and blow lust we havent really thought about it anymore, I really doubt you will wipe to enrage since the enrage is 15 min in p2 which means u will have around 10 adds or something and if you make it that far then you are awesome my guild struggled with 7 both healing and damage wise a lot. The triangle thing you are doing is very good just make sure that the person holding the light while the adds are charging from long distance is the healer since thats when the huddles go out, if he has to throw it before huddles are out he should throw it to the other healer. Also if you havent gotten both healers feared just be happy it hasnt happened yet

Playing ranged. How lewd.

Because I'm having to deal with yuppies at the office.

Also, I like the WA scripts. Do they determine if he's going to do naked or thrash first, or just if the spell is queued up(meaning they need to pay attention to the swing timers)?