Thread: New computer?

New computer?

Ok a friend of a friend is going to sell me a computer cheap. He says it's built for gaming. He says it has a 2 terabyte Harddrive. 8 gb of ram. i7 core Processor and a Guerrilla motherboard.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

You forgot to mention the graphics card which is the most important part.
    Also the Guerrilla motherboard is a socket 1366 which is fairly old, how much is he asking for this?
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    You forgot to mention the graphics card which is the most important part.
    Also the Guerrilla motherboard is a socket 1366 which is fairly old, how much is he asking for this?
    Like $70.

I asked about the video card and thats when he told me about the guerrilla motherboard. He said it's a gaming motherboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Like $70.

I asked about the video card and thats when he told me about the guerrilla motherboard. He said it's a gaming motherboard.
    Oh I meant for the whole computer, is he asking $70 for it?
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wtf is a gaming motherboard, you don't game on gaming motherboards you game on high end graphics cards and fast processors.

Like $70.

He's going to sell you an entire prebuilt system for $70? is the chip fried?

Quote Originally Posted by Kymei View Post
    Wtf is a gaming motherboard, you don't game on gaming motherboards you game on high end graphics cards and fast processors.
    every component in your pc interacts with the motherboard, you dont buy a junk one, you still have to get one that isnt junk

Quote Originally Posted by fatalaeon View Post
    every component in your pc interacts with the motherboard, you dont buy a junk one, you still have to get one that isnt junk
    The gaming part is just a PR stunt, it will not give any increased performance in games.

Oh I meant for the whole computer, is he asking $70 for it?
    Yea for the whole computer.

Yea for the whole computer.
    That is very cheap, I would take it even if it is old.

That is very cheap, I would take it even if it is old.
    Either way it will probably out perform my current computer that I bought from RAC 3 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    The CPU alone is worth more than $70 so whatever is in there, roll it.