Deleted

Why does lock "extra trinket" cost health ?

Why does lock extra trinket cost health ?

Everyother class with a "extra trinket" benefits from their spell.

Hunter
    Beastial wrath, damage increase, no cost.
    Warrior
    Avatar, 20% extra damage, no cost.
    DK
    Desecrated Ground, CC immunity, no cost.

Warlock
    Unbound Will, cost 20% health.
    This makes this talent only usable when youre going offencive and in very special situation, you cant just pop it when you need it,
    and you cant use it defensively to break CCs like the other classes, because you will kill yourself...

I mean it would be fine with a 20% health cost if we actually had some self healing, but as it is now, our self healing is dogshit..
    There is abslutly no reason for this spell to cost any health what so ever..

It's so that the next time a blue gets a chance to answer this question (instead of a more relevant one -- no offense to you) they can give the answer of "It's so that in an age of all classes becoming too similar there are certain aspects to some classes that remain distinct.".

i.e. bullshit.

I believe (Although may be wrong) that the cost has been reduced. Also, not everything has to be equal...

Quote Originally Posted by Viertel View Post
    "It's so that in an age of all classes becoming too similar there are certain aspects to some classes that remain distinct.".

i.e. bullshit.
    That seems like pretty good reasoning to me.

OT: It's so you actually use your brain. Infact, you even answered your own question when you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Xudam View Post
    This makes this talent only usable when youre going offencive and in very special situation

How about instead of giving every class in the game 2 trinkets, we make some only break fears but put the main trinket on a 30s CD (Will of the Forsaken), some only break roots (Avatar). Some give a damage increase so if you use it defensively you won't do as much damage later in the game (Beastial Wrath). Some cost health so you can only use them offensively (Unbound Will). Some are built into the biggest defensive CD the class has (Ice Block).

It's so the game isn't boring.
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-02-07 at 06:27 PM.

If it didn't have that cost would locks ever take anything else in pvp? Blizzard would see that as a problem.

Why do Warlocks sacrifice their health for mana?

It's part of the class' theme. No other reason needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter's bestial wrath doesn't get used as trinket that often. But I do agree it's OP seeing as it's useable in conjunction with Readiness.

Warriors avatar IS NOT A TRINKET. It simply REMOVES ROOTS. If you're going to qualify avatar as a "trinket" effect then there is also the monk's Tiger's Lust, paladin double freedom, mage blink etc. This one is just stupid to post.

DK's desecrated ground is their level 90 talent tree choice. PLUS it costs a GCD. It might not seem a lot, but it sometimes is. Also it's on a TWO minute cooldown.

Warlocks Unbound Will is INSTANT, no GCD on a ONE minute cooldown. It's also not meant for a simple "oh-shit" trinket. It's something you have to be thoughtful of, else you might kill yourself.

Oh and BTW, WW/BM monks are getting a stun/fear/root trinket next patch with NO cost, 2 minute CD AND reduces any further stuns/fears/root durations by 60% for 6 seconds after using it. Which I find to be more OP than your weak class arguments.

Deleted
    Way to compare offensive and defensive abilities of totally different classes. Shaman would be happy if they had such an ability, in any form.

Warlocks have always been a class that sacrifices things for other things... health for mana.. pet for damage.. pet health for shield etc etc..
    and at the person saying BW isn't used often as a trinket.. Yeah sorry thats pretty far from true. Every BM in 3s over 2200 uses it atleast once a game as trinket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Hunter's bestial wrath doesn't get used as trinket that often. But I do agree it's OP seeing as it's useable in conjunction with Readiness.

Warriors avatar IS NOT A TRINKET. It simply REMOVES ROOTS. If you're going to qualify avatar as a "trinket" effect then there is also the monk's Tiger's Lust, paladin double freedom, mage blink etc. This one is just stupid to post.

DK's desecrated ground is their level 90 talent tree choice. PLUS it costs a GCD. It might not seem a lot, but it sometimes is. Also it's on a TWO minute cooldown.

Warlocks Unbound Will is INSTANT, no GCD on a ONE minute cooldown. It's also not meant for a simple "oh-shit" trinket. It's something you have to be thoughtful of, else you might kill yourself.

Oh and BTW, WW/BM monks are getting a stun/fear/root trinket next patch with NO cost, 2 minute CD AND reduces any further stuns/fears/root durations by 60% for 6 seconds after using it. Which I find to be more OP than your weak class arguments.
    This guy covered it pretty much.
    It's the cooldown that gives it an increased cost.

It should also be noted that Unbound Will removes all harmful magic from you; a great thing when another lock or SPriest has their dots all over you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xudam View Post
    Why does lock extra trinket cost health ?

Everyother class with a "extra trinket" benefits from their spell.

Hunter
    Beastial wrath, damage increase, no cost.
    Warrior
    Avatar, 20% extra damage, no cost.
    DK
    Desecrated Ground, CC immunity, no cost.

Warlock
    Unbound Will, cost 20% health.
    This makes this talent only usable when youre going offencive and in very special situation, you cant just pop it when you need it,
    and you cant use it defensively to break CCs like the other classes, because you will kill yourself...

I mean it would be fine with a 20% health cost if we actually had some self healing, but as it is now, our self healing is dogshit..
    There is abslutly no reason for this spell to cost any health what so ever..
    I thought on PTR they are trying out a reduction to 5% HP cost of this...

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes sense that in some areas a warlocks ability is worse then that of other classes. They are not mages!

But c'mon, it doesnt seem to be stopping warlocks from getting Rank 1 in Arena, or being the best RBG dps class, even taking 2 spots in half the RBG groups I see these days...
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    It makes sense that in some areas a warlocks ability is worse then that of other classes. They are not mages!

But c'mon, it doesnt seem to be stopping warlocks from getting Rank 1 in Arena, or being the best RBG dps class, even taking 2 spots in half the RBG groups I see these days...
    There is just one rank 1 lock, and he hasn't played since the demo chaos wave "fix".

On topic, 20% health is retardedly high. 110k. May as well be chaos bolting myself. Wish it cost 20% UNBUFFED health at least. Seems silly that fortitude makes the spells cost more.

Because it breaks absolutely every CC effect in the game, including cyclone. /thread

I'll agree with you on the fortitude part- it should be your health based on your gear, not gear + tempbuffs. In general I see no problem with a one minute trinket having a health cost. The other compares called out are not direct, and NONE of them have such a low cooldown. It's like asking why cloak of shadows isn't bubble, or something.