Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    I suppose it could make for some amazing ganks.
    80% sprint lasting 20 seconds? Wow. It's only supposed to decay in combat, so should stay at full power throughout pre-gank setup. Sounds awesome to me.

Tried her on the PBE.

She was pretty fun to play. Her Q does AoE damage which is pretty slick (AND it blinds).
    Her W reveals everything in a large AoE around you, including over walls and into brush.
    Her E is kinda risky to use when chasing, as it'll put you at max range. Sure, it slows them, but they might just use Flash and get away. However, it's a pretty awesome disengage.

And then her ultimate. It pretty much turns her into a melee ADC for the duration. Her W passive (80% A.Spd after hitting people affected by her passive) is up at all times during Valor time, which is crazy. If you don't take too much damage, you're going to be a SERIOUS threat during that time. Not to mention that execute finisher.

My worries about her is that she pretty much have Vayne's range, which is quite short, and her ulti making her a melee ADC is pretty damn risky, since she gets no extra defenses, so you should consider building at least one defensive item. Frozen Mallet, Warmogs and/or Guardian are the recommended defensive items.

All in all, pretty fun ADC. Not as difficult as the last one (Draven), but still harder than most of the other ones. I'm looking forward to her release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks VERY cool, I've got to say Riot have really been stepping up their game with these last few champs... First Vi, then Thresh and now Quinn.. all very cool interesting champs..

Not sure if she's a day 1 purchase, but I'll certainly pick her up at SOME point.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    And then her ultimate. It pretty much turns her into a melee ADC for the duration. Her W passive (80% A.Spd after hitting people affected by her passive) is up at all times during Valor time, which is crazy. If you don't take too much damage, you're going to be a SERIOUS threat during that time. Not to mention that execute finisher.
    It's only 80% when in ult form though, it's less when you're in Quinn-mode.

Is it? I thought I read that it was 80% there too, but guess I was wrong.

I also forgot to mention her passive; when I was hitting for 220-something, the passive made me hit for 450. Valor marks a random enemy with it every 5 seconds or so (prefers champions, I think, it seemed that way).

I'm not sure what the base damage is, but it has a 0.3 AD scaling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Think I'm going to test her out in top lane against melee champions. Her kit feels like it's more for dueling and she has a blind and slow that grants her distance if she does it in melee range.
    Her base stats at slightly better than Vayne's (with Vayne winning on range and base damage), and are worse than Graves's who is the tankiest true ADC (I don't count Urgot, he's more of a caster). I don't think she would survive very long top lane. The only two I would ever consider are Graves, because of his passive, and Cait because of her range. The rest just get destroyed too easily by bruisers.

Deleted
    Her kit isn´t suitable for ADC at all. Maybe you could build her kinda bruiserish but her base stats are terrible aswell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    Her kit isn´t suitable for ADC at all. Maybe you could build her kinda bruiserish but her base stats are terrible aswell.
    How is that so? High mobility ultimate, AOE blind, AS steroid, charge that places you at your basic attack range and a brush-checking tool that requires absolutely 0 risk. Which part of her kit is not suitable for an AD carry?
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2013-02-15 at 05:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Which part of her ultimate is not suitable for an AD carry?
    The part where she has to be in melee range to continue dealing damage during it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    The part where she has to be in melee range to continue dealing damage during it.
    I intended to type "which part of her kit" there. Brainfart. Also, the ultimate is a wonderful mobility and chasing tool, no need to use it to go balls-deep Tryndalol style.

I intended to type "which part of her kit" there. Brainfart. Also, the ultimate is a wonderful mobility and chasing tool, no need to use it to go balls-deep Tryndalol style.
    Yeah, that's what I'm kinda getting from it. It might be better off for cleaning up a teamfight(assuming you live) than to be a major driving point of the teamfight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know, but couldn't resist

Problems with her kit in short:
    1) Very short range (Q and exceptional movement speed make up for it, somewhat)
    2) Unreliable Steroid
    3) Low steroid, unless in melee form
    4) Charge gets you in melee range *where you can be CC'ed*
    5) Ultimate is melee form

4 in particular is very very awkward from the looks of it. Will need to see how it pans out, but I'd be very hesitant with it.

4 in particular is very very awkward from the looks of it. Will need to see how it pans out, but I'd be very hesitant with it.
    Until I get used to it, and see more effective uses for it, I'm just going to plan on using the charge as an escape than anything. Well, as long as there's a melee support to use it off of.

Deleted

2) Unreliable Steroid

She's not the only AD with relatively short range, you'll just have to play her like one. Her steroid is not really unreliable - the passive marks the targets you attack and does so often, so it will trigger by itself and stay up. It might not be the strongest steroid, but it has the potential to be up the entire time, without a risk of being wasted. The charge is not something you'd use to engage in a teamfight, just walk up for that. Charging to engage would be more useful in the laning phase - later on it'd be just a disengagement tool for when you get dived. And as said earlier, ultimate is not necessarily something designed to turn her into wanna-be Tryndalol.

10+ Year Old Account

2) Unreliable Steroid

If her charge works like any other similar spell, she will be immune to CC during the spell.

How I see her working, when you ult you stay in melee until her charge is off CD, then drop ult and bounce back to range. Either the person is dead and your safe or the bounce back lets you finish them off at a safe distance.

I'm thinking she will need some kind of defensive steroid when her ult is up though. Melee ADCs don't work for a reason and it looks like Riot hasn't learned that yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Her ult will probably be useless for the damage in a team fight if it stays like it is. You may be a bird, but you're going to get fried if you try to take on that Darius in close quarters combat as an ADC. Also Randuins, Randuins everywhere.
    Don't use it for diving into the bruiser's face then. Giving an example of the stupidest possible use of an ability does not make the ability bad.

Deleted
    She's not the only AD with relatively short range, you'll just have to play her like one. Her steroid is not really unreliable - the passive marks the targets you attack and does so often, so it will trigger by itself and stay up. It might not be the strongest steroid, but it has the potential to be up the entire time, without a risk of being wasted. The charge is not something you'd use to engage in a teamfight, just walk up for that. Charging to engage would be more useful in the laning phase - later on it'd be just a disengagement tool for when you get dived. And as said earlier, ultimate is not necessarily something designed to turn her into wanna-be Tryndalol.
    Well how you wanna define "short range" depends I guess. Ashe, Caitlyn are the only ones with higher than 550 range (trist and kog count aswell I guess). But all the other carrys with 550 or shorter have plenty of long range spells (Ezreal, Corki, MF, Sivir etc) good escape (Ezreal, Corki, Graves, Vayne) or just insane steriods (Vayne).

Quinn has 1 long range damaging spell, a decent steroid, an escape/steriod which limits you to melee range to make up for this, not to mention her godawful base stats. She has the same range as graves, shorter than Vayne and unless she has a really sick laning phase I don´t see her kit making up for this at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    If her charge works like any other similar spell, she will be immune to CC during the spell.
    Currently, she might be *during the charge*.

But.... that's divided in three steps
    1) Charge in *probably immune to CC*
    2) Apply Mark *NOT IMMUNE TO CC!!*
    3) Dash back

It's part 2 that's problematic, as you're right in someone's face when you do that.

Deleted
    Well, we will see. I'd rather remain optimistic until I get to smash some faces in with her and only judge the kit after seeing it myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    Quinn has 1 long range damaging spell, a decent steroid, an escape/steriod which limits you to melee range to make up for this, not to mention her godawful base stats. She has the same range as graves, shorter than Vayne and unless she has a really sick laning phase I don´t see her kit making up for this at all.
    Let's take a look at her base stats:
    1) Higher health than Vayne, lower than Tristana. Bout the same as Ashe. Somewhat on low side. Better scaling than any of them.
    2) Higher armour than Vayne and Ashe, lower than Tristana. Again, someone on the low side, not as bad though and better scaling than any of them.
    3) Higher mana than any of them

Not too bad, but...
    4) Higher base attack speed than any of them (this is huge) with normal scaling
    5) Incredibly high MS for an AD carry. This is the equivalent of the old 310 start. Only Varus and Urgot are sitting @ 335 as well.

//edit: Base AD is pretty standard as well, in case anyone was wondering.
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2013-02-15 at 06:27 PM.