Poll: Christopher Jordan Dorner, Hero or Psycho?

Page 1 of 86
... LastLast

Fired LAPD cop interesting news

So Im guessing by the lack of topic on this here, this story is exclusive to southern California. First ill post a good read on the whole thing, then my version.

http://hiphopandpolitics.wordpress.c...ng-corruption/

Basically the guy was fired by the LAPD few years back for ratting out fellow cops who were pretty much corrupt. He writes up a manifesto, which can be read in the link above, explaining his story and pretty much vowing revenge on the corrupt LAPD. So he ends up killing an ex chiefs daughter, a cop, and injuring a couple more cops. But now for the scary part. Cops are so bent on getting this guy they have already shot up 2 different vehicles, with innocent people, for driving trucks which match the description. Justifying these shooting with being stressed and mistaken identity. Whats even more sickening, in our local news they are reporting these incidents as if theyre normal and nothings wrong, even advising us not to drive trucks which match description...WTF!? Makes you wonder if the guy really has reason for this if theyre going to those lengths. Seems like something straight out of a movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by punksandskins View Post
    So Im guessing by the lack of topic on this here, this story is exclusive to southern California. First ill post a good read on the whole thing, then my version.

http://hiphopandpolitics.wordpress.c...ng-corruption/

Basically the guy was fired by the LAPD few years back for ratting out fellow cops who were pretty much corrupt. He writes up a manifesto, which can be read in the link above, explaining his story and pretty much vowing revenge on the corrupt LAPD. So he ends up killing an ex chiefs daughter, a cop, and injuring a couple more cops. But now for the scary part. Cops are so bent on getting this guy they have already shot up 2 different vehicles, with innocent people, for driving trucks which match the description. Justifying these shooting with being stressed and mistaken identity. Whats even more sickening, in our local news they are reporting these incidents as if theyre normal and nothings wrong, even advising us not to drive trucks which match description...WTF!? Makes you wonder if the guy really has reason for this if theyre going to those lengths. Seems like something straight out of a movie.
    The story is at least national. I put it in the gun thread, but few noticed it.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I think this story is beyond gun control with last nights and this mornings events. Its really getting interesting actually, and pretty surreal.

10+ Year Old Account
    And thus the wheel of fate turns....TBH i don't find this sorta thing surreal. If anything it harkens back to the 20s and 30s in my mind LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is absolutely fascinating. This is one of those times where I can't help but support the murderer, just a bit. If this were a movie, he'd certainly be the protagonist. A desperate, frustrated man making one last stand against a corrupted system? The situation is impossibly deep in moral ambiguity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    This is absolutely fascinating. This is one of those times where I can't help but support the murderer, just a bit. If this were a movie, he'd certainly be the protagonist. A desperate, frustrated man making one last stand against a corrupted system? The situation is impossibly deep in moral ambiguity.
    im wondering how accurate his portrayal is. it is certainly plausible imo, but unverified. even if true the dude has some screws loose imo. and the police are out of control right now going after him
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Deleted
    So he was fired for giving a "false statement" about a superior officer kicking a scitzophrenic suspect during an arrest. I'm willing to bet $100 that the false statement was actually true.

Karma is a bitch. I don't feel much empathy for LAPD cops. Especially after LAPD shot random civilians driving vehicles with similar cars as the suspect. Getting revenge by hurting their families isn't cool though.
    Last edited by mmoc43ae88f2b9; 2013-02-07 at 09:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If his portrayal of the LAPD is completely accurate (which isn't outside the realm of possibility), it still doesn't justifying him killing all the people he's been killing.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed man...This is why we need a system that somehow balances out the power of police/our government. The scales are tipped WAY too far in their favor.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 09:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    So he was fired for giving a "false statement" about a superior officer kicking a scitzophrenic suspect during an arrest. I'm willing to bet $10,000 (channeling my inner Mitt Romney) that the false statement was actually true.

Karma is a bitch. I don't feel much empathy for LAPD cops. Especially after LAPD shot random civilians driving vehicles with similar cars as the suspect. Getting revenge by hurting their families isn't cool though.
    I will indeed agree with the no family rule should be in play. But this isn't a movie as well.

He killed a kid. Or is that fascinating as well ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    But this isn't a movie as well.
    Though it well could be.

Yeah, I noticed and commented on it, but then it got lost in the other back & forth.

There's really not a lot of justification for a murder spree though, so I can't see him being much of a protagonist. The fact that the LAPD is incompetent and corrupt shouldn't surprise too many people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Not according to what I've read. He killed a basketball coach and her fiancee (the father of the coach was an ex-LAPD cop turned lawyer. He represented the shooter during his trial about his "false statement". Probably corrupt as well). He also ambushed two cops, one of which he killed and the other is in critical condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Not according to what I've read. He killed a basketball coach and her fiancee (the father of the coach was an ex-LAPD cop turned lawyer. He represented the shooter during his trial about his "false statement". Probably corrupt as well). He also ambushed two cops, one of which he killed and the other is in critical condition.
    Yeah, well, that makes it a whole lot better. A real hero. They should cast Denzel Washington for the lead role.

If his portrayal of the LAPD is completely accurate (which isn't outside the realm of possibility), it still doesn't justifying him killing all the people he's been killing.
    honestly, the LAPD's actions (or more accurate overreactions) over this lend some credence to his claims imo. but yeah, he's still doing bad shit
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    No he didnt...

It may not be right, but the guy was driven to this imo. People have different ways of dealing with shit, and his is a crazy form of justice. His dream was to be a cop apparently and then to realize its one big farce and nothing like he dreamed? Full of corrupt bullies and what not. Being a resident of L.A., Ive been a victim of their bullshit, so as of now, Ill believe the guys story, not saying I agree with the slaying of the corrupt officers children, but somethings gotta give.

I don't doubt that LAPD did some things wrong to him, but in his story about choking another cadet for saying "nigger", I'd have figured that would be a sign not to give the guy authority and a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by punksandskins View Post
    I think this story is beyond gun control with last nights and this mornings events. Its really getting interesting actually, and pretty surreal.
    its definitely beyond normal gun control discussion, he was a cop, and gun control laws aren't taking guns away from cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I don't doubt that LAPD did some things wrong to him, but in his story about choking another cadet for saying "nigger", I'd have figured that would be a sign not to give the guy authority and a gun.
    that was probably a lie to smear him.
    Last edited by zhero; 2013-02-07 at 09:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    honestly, the LAPD's actions (or more accurate overreactions) over this lend some credence to his claims imo. but yeah, he's still doing bad shit
    To quote an old ad for Code Geass(as well as the MC himself) "To save humanity would you become a god or a devil"

Not that i fully support this guy or feel that he's doing things right(one man no matter how insane or powerful cannot correct our system it is too far gone IMO) However i cannot in good conscience call him a total villain either..

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    To quote an old ad for Code Geass(as well as the MC himself) "To save humanity would you become a god or a devil"

Not that i fully support this guy or feel that he's doing things right(one man no matter how insane or powerful cannot correct our system it is too far gone IMO) However i cannot in good conscience call him a total villain either..
    im not going to paint him as a villain. im going to call him a total fucking loon. the best we can honestly hope for is that his insanity does in fact bring about some changes in the LAPD
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.