Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
25
... LastLast
  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by frozenshiva View Post
    the saddest thing right here is all the reasons people find to hate stuff.
    I'm not really a fan of "love friendship and tolerance" but this is still ridiculous.

    Long live hate. Because that's what makes us better than beasts..oh wai...
    hate makes me feel alive!!!

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    Just finished listening in to the investor conference call. Interesting points that were made:

    Most of the decrease in subscribers was from China, while other regions remained fairly steady.

    The engagement rates in Mists are higher than those they saw post-Cata, and dropped off less fast. But players these days demand more content faster and are more likely to switch to a different game or leave the community. So they are trying to release new content more often. WoW is competing not just with other games but with all other forms of entertainment in people's lives.

    5.2 will be out "within the coming weeks."
    5.2 will launch last week of March.

    And as far as BLizz talking about community... Maybe they should actually look at their dead servers and try to create some community instead of forcing ppl to pay 25$ per character for transfers? CRZ are not solution to dead servers. Just makes it worse.

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    When they release a complete breakdown of subs based on country/region let us know. Otherwise you're guessing like everyone else.
    10% of their income comes from Asia. They have a different pay model.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  4. #284
    maybe this will result in Bliz devs getting off their ego train, and stop trying to force players to play the content they want to......that dailies-rep thing was totally retarded.

    then again, not sure what they could really do, after cata, to get it so wrong again in MoP, most of the people I know who quit, swear they wont ever go back no matter what, and have moved on to cheaper and arguably better games.

    Still, its not like 9.6mil is the brink of death is it?

  5. #285
    You know it kinda sucks that I didn't play from the beggining. The only dungeons I got to experience before LFD were Deadmines, Wailing Caverns and Scholomance.

    Yeah yeah I know some people say it was hard to do 523648726429 quests in order to get attuned but it makes you feel more unique that way. Not to mention now that CRZ is here the point of servers is gone. This is the exact same reason I moved to Silvermoon EU. My server was somewhat "dead" and with CRZ it felt alive again. There was a problem though. Those players were not from my realm and they could honestly not give a single fuck about me or anyone else outside their realm.

    So even though I never played before 3.3 at cap level, I really really want them to make Titan and never put LFD/LFR or CRZ.

  6. #286
    people said that subs would go up once MoP was released. I guess not

  7. #287
    Just goes to show how big WoW is though other competitors would love 500k subs never mind 9.6m.

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    500k is huge, especially considering the 10 million number is hugely inflated. The 500k loss has to be in Europe/US, so a big deal.
    Morhaime specifically mentioned on the conference call that the subscriber loss was in China.

  9. #289
    500k is huge. its new xpack and allready 500k ppl left

  10. #290
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Kadath, Cold Wastes
    Posts
    910
    Gee, maybe overtuned raids are the *wrong* thing to do...

  11. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesovr View Post
    I have been reading posts like these since wrath took a sub hit.
    Funny because wrath never took a sub hit. The subs did not start dropping until cata released and it sold over 3million copy's at its release.

    At the start of MOP "not counting release" MOP has already lost 400k subs there is a good chance now that threw the rest of mops life it will lose more subs.

    Personally I feel wow will have 8 million or less subs at the end of MOP if it keeps up this rate it will be a lot more.


    What I find funny is that people where blaming the sub drops at the end of CATA due to no new content for so long and yet this early in MOP's life when there is a decent amount of content and just recently released raids there is 50% drop to what cata had in 4.3

    People can over look it if they want but WOW has finally reached that point where they milked the MMORPG market and people are leaving.

    Now will WOW die I personally say no but it will get to a point "and it started in CATA" that where will lose subs until it lowers to a base number and sits around it for quite some time.

    "Before anymore comments about WOTLK WOTLK had the most high sub count in WOW history and even with ICC being out a year still got 500k subs at the end of it"

    The Difference in WOW then and NOW with subs is that any sub that left back then 2 took its place and now for every sub that mite come in 2 are leaving.


    To be clear once more there was no noticeable SUB lose in WOTLK it started with CATA.

    Don't believe me google the sub reports and see for yourself.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    PSN: Jtbrig7390
    Nintendo ID: Jtbrig7390
    XBL: Jtbrig7390 "Inactive at this time"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  12. #292
    there has been a bigger decline in asia compared to eu/us?
    huh, that's surprising...seems like lol is spreading its reach even to wow players

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    You know it kinda sucks that I didn't play from the beggining. The only dungeons I got to experience before LFD were Deadmines, Wailing Caverns and Scholomance.

    Yeah yeah I know some people say it was hard to do 523648726429 quests in order to get attuned but it makes you feel more unique that way. Not to mention now that CRZ is here the point of servers is gone. This is the exact same reason I moved to Silvermoon EU. My server was somewhat "dead" and with CRZ it felt alive again. There was a problem though. Those players were not from my realm and they could honestly not give a single fuck about me or anyone else outside their realm.

    So even though I never played before 3.3 at cap level, I really really want them to make Titan and never put LFD/LFR or CRZ.
    crz is probably going to be integral to titan however its to soon to assume it would even have dungeons at this point considering all we know about it is that its very casual and made to be a drop in drop out type of experience and might have ingame ads and be connected to facebook
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  14. #294
    The Lightbringer Tharkkun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    3,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraksas View Post
    I think what he means is the 'Chinese farmers' who mostly have more than 1 account
    The China farmers don't buy accounts. They compromise idiots who don't secure their accounts/computers and use them to farm. Buying accounts is a losing game when they can find fully geared max level players to use.

  15. #295
    Mechagnome kojinshugi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Posts
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    They have failed alot of their former players with very poor choises in the past 3 years. LFR for example is a total insult for ppl that want to do raiding - but are unable to spend 20-30 hours per week in normal raids.
    30 hours per week doing normals? Lol?

    Are you RP walking backwards from trash pull to trash pull?
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

  16. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Now subtract the gold farmers, bots, and multiboxing accounts... what's the number then?
    wait are they playing for free? are they not playing the game?

    stupid who cares what and when a subscription is a subscription its not rocket science. Even multiboxers pay x 40 or how many accounts you have stupid.

    Go back to your cave troll


    ITS OVER 9 MILLION!!!

  17. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    everquest 2 also had a sub for a while too. i dont see how this is in anyway proving your point
    Beyond the fact they switched from saying "subscribers" to "people have played"

    Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post
    D3 is far from dead. It's not the game to end all games that people expected, but the vast majority of those 12 million buyers are not hardcore D2 veterans who are disappointed in an originally shallow endgame grind. It still has a healthy playerbase, and it sold 12 million copies.
    The numbers people have posted of people playing D3 don't look so hot though.

  18. #298
    The Lightbringer Tharkkun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    3,250
    Quote Originally Posted by zox2 View Post
    A lot of my friends actually came back to wow recently, so I feel a somewhat opposite trend. I do believe that MoP is the best expansion so far, it has waaaay more stuff to do than I actually have time for, and the content is pretty fun for me. They seem to be able to keep to their timetable so far, so things are looking pretty good from my perspective.
    I came back in January after nearly a year so I'm another +1.

  19. #299
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no, thats just what alot of companies make as dlc because their greedy. dlc means downloadable content, expansion means an expansion of content. both mean the same thing just because some companies choose to charge you for new outfits doesnt mean thats all dlc is
    This is why I love the borderlands 2 season pass. It's priced as an expansion, but you get it in smaller chunks.

  20. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Love very often turns to hate. Many of the haters once loved the game and hate to see it in its current state.
    I find it hard to believe. People who actually LOVE something , learn to find a way to work the differences or at least try hard to make it work somehow.
    Most complaints don't look like love to me. They're infatuation at best. That never lasts.

    But then again, these days words are thrown around so easily, feelings, emotions, meanings... they mean nothing.

    As far as I'm concerned, its the love for games that define and shape gamers.
    Everyone else is just another person playing a game for any other reason but.

    Just like all those half-assed "pro-football players" back in school/college. How happy they were to brag with their pro-skills.... None of them became pro...

    I guess the moral of this story is..
    People have a bigger bark than they have bite. And i find it difficult to take them seriously as they are just setting themselves up for ruin.
    Perspective is like a coin. It has two faces, but most people fail to see both.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •