Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    who expects WoW to have the same number of subs forever? no one i would think

of course it will eventually decline
    And in 5.2 it will rise back over 10 million.

Pretty damn simple really.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 07:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    I don't think that many will come back for 5.2.. Most that are gone, left cause there was nothing new in the game or cause their friends left and/or their server is dead. 5.2. as currently announced is not changing any of that. An entire addon may bring people back for a while....but not a patch. I actually expect that a lot of people(500k to 1 million) will leave around 1-2months after 5.2....unless Blizz will do anything big which they didn't announce yet. Many are just waiting to check out 5.2.....nothing else is keeping them right now.
    This same exact situation has happened during every single tier this game has had since gaining a large subscriber base.

There is nothing different about this time.

9.6 million is still respectable, and well above Wrath's initial numbers. The only thing I would like to see out of them is better management of player populations on servers, because the non-large server populations are waning and paying the price right now. Sure people can vote with their wallets and move, but it would be nice to see them do something to assist their communities today rather than put their hands out.

Blizz isn't going anywhere. What's the number 2 mmo? Star Wars with 500k? hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    No, not necessarily.

TBC and Wrath was when WoW was at the height of its popularity, however by the time TBC was ending most people who were interested in WoW had joined it. Which is why you didn't see such a huge growth with WotLK (still, 2 million is nothing to sneeze at).
    This is wrong. Sub numbers aren't a static like that. Sub numbers are just the macro picture. Throughout WoW's lifetime, there has been a constant influx and outflow of players to the game. When "subs go up", it just means more people are joining than leaving. When "subs go down", more people are leaving than joining.

"I don't know what the exact number is off-hand, but the total number of subscribers we've had is easily more than double - maybe closer to triple - the current subscriber base." -Pardo in 2009
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Because they have a very loose definition of a sub. Asia pays by the hour. If they log in for 1 hour in that 3 month period, they get counted as a full $15/mo Western sub. Asia has 50% of the subs, but only 10% of Blizzard's income comes from there.

Western region is essentially paying for Asia to play the game.
    They have a rock solid definition of a sub. It is anyone who pays a monthy sub, has a prepaid time card with time left on it or anyone within their first free 30 day period. This has never changed.

I left, but not after 90% of all my friends who i got after playing mop already had left, My raiding guild who did 15/16 and had progressed on sha for 2 weeks all left except me and 2 more There was so much people playing at start of mop then everyone left and when i was alone i left too....

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    They have a rock solid definition of a sub. It is anyone who pays a monthy sub, has a prepaid time card with time left on it or anyone within their first free 30 day period. This has never changed.
    Even if that prepaid time is 1hr for the 3 month quarter.

´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?

Considering its age WoW is doing fine, It really is.
    BUT considering it's Blizzard were talking about, it isn't doing all that great.

If you take a deep look at the big Blizzard releases over the last decade you'll see a difference.
    They could/should have done much better, but they didn't and the reason can be found in the last ~5 years. Look at all the titles, not just wow.
    Blizzard at some point switched their design process from "what would be fun" to "what should be fun" and that's where a break happened. Just look at Bnet 2.0, like chat in Diablo 3 or even Starcraft 2. Blizzard changed their whole design from offering choices to telling you what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post

This same exact situation has happened during every single tier this game has had since gaining a large subscriber base.

There is nothing different about this time.

Ah, I see...in case you didn't notice...WoW lost 1/4 of it's playerbase....don't tell me that happened all the time cause it's exactly the first time that Blizz has to face such a decline.
    Yes, it has always been a small up and down...the ups have usually been after an Addon...the downs started a year or so later. Now we had a very small up and the downs started already what? A month later? And all that after D3 had already seriously decimated the numbers of wow-players(so you'd expect a HUGE up with the addon...which just didn't happen). Nope, the situation is not compareable to anything that happened to WoW before....

High Overlord
    still 9.6 millions x 15USD = 144,000,000 DOLLARS at month(only on subscriptions) omg wow is going to die because is not longer a profit... lol this posts

Quote Originally Posted by Washuwa View Post
    still 9.6 millions x 15USD = 144,000,000 DOLLARS at month(only on subscriptions) omg wow is going to die because is not longer a profit... lol this posts
    Completely false. Asia is half their subs and accounts for 1/10th of the revenue. Their monthly intake is $95M from online subs (subscriptions, boxed products, expansion packs, licensing royalties, and value-added services. It also includes revenues from Call of Duty Elite memberships).

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    people said that subs would go up once MoP was released. I guess not
    They did. They jumped up to 10-10.1M.

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Completely false. Asia is half their subs and accounts for 1/10th of the revenue. Their monthly intake is $95M from online subs (subscriptions, boxed products, expansion packs, licensing royalties, and value-added services. It also includes revenues from Call of Duty Elite memberships).
    oh then wow is dying 95 millions dollars at month ... poor blizzard

70% of this wow playerbase that blizz present us here are from asia and asian ppl dosent pay per month like EU and US so dont write shit if u have no clue .

Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post
    It really wasn't. GL was the only one you needed to do and it took 45 minutes tops if you were geared like a hobo and going solo. Group up with people and it barely took 20 minutes. And there's always people around if you just quit being an antisocial loner for five seconds.
    I did group up with people and it did take that long. Also golden lotus is not the only one you needed to do to ensure valor upgrades, I needed to do 3 other reps to make sure I had all of my bases covered in case I couldn't get a raid upgrade (remember too that the valor items are upgradeable, even if you don't need an upgrade at the beginning of a tier you might need an upgraded valor item to fill in a slot at the end of a tier). 45 minutes for ONE set of dailies is not the "less than 30 minutes" you quoted earlier. :P

Ending this two-way conversation because you aren't being honest, feel free to PM me if you have something constructive to add.
    Last edited by Celista; 2013-02-08 at 12:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    And since we're dredging up old-world stuff, she should be happy she was even allowed to become a nurse at all instead of being raped.

Oh no!
    Its the end of the world. Now WoW only has about 9 times more players than other mmo's.
    Clearly the game is dead, servers are dead. I once had to wait 5 min for a battleground!
    Going back to Runescape.

oh then wow is dying 95 millions dollars at month ... poor blizzard
    That $95M/mo is not just from WoW subs. A lot of that is from extra crap.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 04:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by newpower View Post
    70% of this wow playerbase that blizz present us here are from asia and asian ppl dosent pay per month like EU and US so dont write shit if u have no clue .
    It's closer to 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post
    Normal raids aren't hard. They're easier than half the stuff in BC. They're about Ulduar level of difficulty at the moment.

And when has more than 3% of the playerbase ever finished normal mode raid content? If by playerbase you mean every single subscriber, including people who don't raid at all?

Seriously, in BC most people were herpaderping in Karazhan until the Sunwell patch brought JP loot for all. In Wrath, hardly anyone finished Ulduar until they were decked out in ICC gear. How many people killed normal Ragnaros in Cata?

It's like you've only ever raided during Dragon Soul with a 20% debuff or something. Trust me, in 6 months, current content will be equally faceroll and puggable.
    3% of total player base but what is that out of total raiders. Remember raiding and PvP are minor activities in this game.

Blah, blah, blah...I matter!!!!

Blademaster
    9.6 million is a large number. Don't believe me? See how long it will take to just to count that high. I'll visit this thread again in 100 days and see how far you've gotten.