Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, we're at the point in a content patch where there is really fuck all to do apart from logging in thrice a week to raid. For people who don't raid, I really don't think there is enough to do to justify a sub.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crummy View Post
    Anyway, nice to see Diablo doing so well
    No? It was a major disappointment and the sales were based entirely on the game's name and the content that was expected to be released.

There will probably always be a somewhat large decline in wow's subs when a new expansion has been released and people have done their leveling and gearing. Some people play the game just to go through the lore of the leveling and then once that's complete, they quit the game again. That in combination with PVP being worse than ever before, even worse than S5, leading to a decrease in subs is perfectly reasonable. It'll most likely shoot up a bit when the new tier comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    So what? A decline is a decline, WoW's "golden age" is long over, the game is going to keep losing players, will you still be using that defense when it's down to 3 million players?
    Well, the doomsday prophets said the game was done when it dropped from 8 to 7.5 million a few years ago.

One sample does not a trend make.

10+ Year Old Account
    So its lost a few subs, big freakin deal. Its still one of the biggest played MMORPG out there, and all other mmo's still can't compare to it.

Those saying the games dying from this have been saying the same thing at any chance they can, just like end of the world doomsayers.

However, I can speculate several reasons why people quit, mists making the game to grindy, people quitting because they don't feel like special snowflakes, quitting because of the theme. Its the same old stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    To be honest, we're at the point in a content patch where there is really fuck all to do apart from logging in thrice a week to raid. For people who don't raid, I really don't think there is enough to do to justify a sub.
    Tbh there's alot to do.
    Scenarios, Heroics, LFR, Pet battles, Challenge Modes, Daily Quests and PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It's in the Quarterly Reports. All of them. And I rounded up.

Yup and it looks like the "all important" NA/EU portion of their sub base is doing fine thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Here's my thing. Remember when the sub totals were getting closer to 8 mil, and people were saying "well Annual Pass saved them more losses!".

Sub numbers are still over 1.5 million higher since the long expiration of Annual Pass. What crutch can you use now to explain the fact that they only dipped below 10 million and it's about a month or so before a major raid patch, which will see, you guessed it, an increase in subs?

Ebb and flow of the sub numbers does not mean the game is dying. It means most people that dropped will just come back to see it again when the new raid is released.
    The sub numbers have not been below 9 million since TBC and many are still bound by the annual pass. Whilst sub will still ebb and flow if after a launch of an expansion WOW has not held on to its subscribers I fear that the only direction it is going from now is a slow decline.

Oh noes the game is dead what can i ... wait, how many lives does wow have, I'm pretty sure it has died like 10 times already

Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    Nope. Game was at its factual best during WotLK. Opinions don't matter, the numbers do.
    Yet you try to prove your point with an opinion. A lot of people eat McDonalds every day does that make it good food? Just because more people played to see the LK story finish doesn't mean it was the best. Hell, I know people that think Cata was the best. Claiming any portion of this game as being the best is all subjective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    WoW isn't going to *die* for years. No matter what haters and "It's still a lot." going to say. It'll come back up I can guarentee it.
    I said this recently but I'm pretty sure we just diagnosed it with Cancer this xpac...terminal cancer...of the balls...ghostcrawlers balls (j/K)

Quote Originally Posted by dfjdejulio View Post
    Now, "free if you have wow" is something I could easily see happening. Once they have more than one MMO, I could easily see them saying you have a "battle.net" subscription and not a "WoW" or "Titan" subscription. That may in fact be the path they take to mask a decline from investors.

Given the precedent set by WoW, I do not think their investors would accept a straight-up F2P model for "Titan" right from the start, not based on the information we have today.
    But Titan will be cross platform and not just consoles, but tablets and phones, so the likelihood of it costing money is pretty low. Remember Titan is not what you think it will be.

bahahaaha oh man

Quote Originally Posted by Exodeus View Post
    But then again if you played alot you were exhalted or close to it anyway from baron runs with friends :P
    And it still took a lot longer than it ever did to get exalted in MoP.

Since when did the subscription number is the number that the "investors" care the most about? o.O

They didnt drop as much as I expected.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is so hilarious to watch the pathetic predictions, or should I say pleading, of The Haters.

WOW has AT LEAST 20 Years left.

That is a long time to hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    A lot of people eat McDonalds every day does that make it good food?
    Doesn't make it good food... but I don't see McDonalds going out of business any time soon, either?

Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    Personally, I don't have issues with rep grinds themselves, I understand they are part of the game and have always been part of the game... I do, however, have an issue with how they were dealt with in this expansion. Shoving copious amounts of dailies down the players' throats was a god-awful, lazy, non-innovative, and overall bad decision made by Blizzard as a whole, which is shown by the massive loss in subscription numbers.
    And it was better to have us grind away at specific dungeons only in TBC or any dungeon in LK/Cata? I am certain there are similar numbers of people who do not like spamming dungeons as there are those who do not like doing dailies. I understand the change. I do not mind the change I wish they went for a balanced approach. I offered a suggestion of a total of 10% rep a day weather you grind mobs, do quests, PvP, run dungeons, or scenarios. That way you have multiple choices and you can only gain a certain amount per day no matter what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    [*]Diablo III was the #1 best-selling PC game at retail, breaking PC-game sales records with more than 12 million copies sold worldwide through December 31, 2012.
    How can the worst game ever made be the best selling also? Just goes to show if Blizard puts their name on a pile of poo it will sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    ^ This is basically it
    Bane