Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ...
17
25
26
27
28
29
37
... LastLast
  1. #521
    I think Blizz just made a mistake by adding too much stuff at once and trying to keep solo-players too happy. Now we have a game where you can spend days every week just doing solo stuff and that keeps players from going into groups and seriously forming and developing communities. For example it's complete crap to exclude dailies from raid groups...cause that results in players just saying "hey, you can invite me in your raid if only 5 spots are free...cause I want to do dailies untill then"(and if all do that then you just won't be able to fill any raid. Especially on dead servers that's a serious problem). It's rediculous to worry that players might finish dailies too quickly in groups(who the hell cares if they do? More power to them.).
    They should actually give players more reasons to form groups(reasons...not making it mandatory like high end gear raids)...and take care of the dead servers(cause there even forming such groups is nearly impossible by now).

  2. #522
    a lot of players had the 12 month subscription to get Diablo for free plus PTR access for MoP. Subscription ended about a month ago and a lot of them did not renew it as it seems... sounds very logical!

  3. #523
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    And in 5.2 it will rise back over 10 million.

    Pretty damn simple really.
    Why are they going to come back? What does 5.2 offer that a whole new expansion doesn't? Quarter 4 had Christmas, the launch of MOP in China and 5.1 and still WOW has failed to gain subscribers, I'm afraid it is only going to get worse.

  4. #524
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    a lot of players had the 12 month subscription to get Diablo for free plus PTR access for MoP. Subscription ended about a month ago and a lot of them did not renew it as it seems... sounds very logical!
    Supposedly, most of the losses came from East. Annual Pass wasn't offered there.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  5. #525
    Quote Originally Posted by dahorst View Post
    Considering its age WoW is doing fine, It really is.
    BUT considering it's Blizzard were talking about, it isn't doing all that great.

    If you take a deep look at the big Blizzard releases over the last decade you'll see a difference.
    They could/should have done much better, but they didn't and the reason can be found in the last ~5 years. Look at all the titles, not just wow.
    Blizzard at some point switched their design process from "what would be fun" to "what should be fun" and that's where a break happened. Just look at Bnet 2.0, like chat in Diablo 3 or even Starcraft 2. Blizzard changed their whole design from offering choices to telling you what to do.
    I completely agree.
    A telling example is the new Bnet system. Back in the day my friends and I could all play Starcraft at my house, sometimes with up to 6 players, just because we burned the cd's, and even though that might seem like bad business this meant that guys that had never played could join in every once in while. Most got hooked and bought the game for themselves and Starcraft quickly spread through my circle of friends.
    Now, even though we're all still huge Starcraft fans we don't play SC2 and don't plan on buying it, simply because we would all need a BNet account, pay for the game and all that without knowing if it's even much fun. I myself and some other friends are willing to buy it and have faith that it would prove to be fun, but the fact would remain that none of our other friends could just join in every once in a while.
    I liked the WCIII system much better, because there is still incentive to buy the game for the online play, but even friends that don't own the game can join in for a lan-game every once in a while.

  6. #526
    I am Murloc! Fenixdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,818
    Here's my thing. Remember when the sub totals were getting closer to 8 mil, and people were saying "well Annual Pass saved them more losses!".

    Sub numbers are still over 1.5 million higher since the long expiration of Annual Pass. What crutch can you use now to explain the fact that they only dipped below 10 million and it's about a month or so before a major raid patch, which will see, you guessed it, an increase in subs?

    Ebb and flow of the sub numbers does not mean the game is dying. It means most people that dropped will just come back to see it again when the new raid is released.

  7. #527
    Legendary! Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    6,864
    OH NO!! its down to 9.6 million, the game is dead so we better all quit.

    /sarcasm.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

    Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

  8. #528
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    12m susbs during WOTLK, why? because it was the best expansion of WoW, best boss, heroics, raids and even quests. And i'm not like those hypocrites that tell everyone that loves BC because idk what.... I keep playing WOTLK raids with my friends all the weekends. We go to those old raids because those mobs are "worthy" of being killed. Ulduar, ICC and The eye are my favorite ones, only The Ruby Sanctum sucks, even Vault of Archavon bosses are amazing. CATA was the reason of so many subs being lost, that expansion was the worst of all and the start of the decay of WoW
    It had Arthas, who was in the best Warcraft RTS, whom many loved his story. It was also the most casual and easy of all expansions.

  9. #529
    Brewmaster Xothic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    QLD, Australia
    Posts
    1,369
    To be honest, we're at the point in a content patch where there is really fuck all to do apart from logging in thrice a week to raid. For people who don't raid, I really don't think there is enough to do to justify a sub.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin - Expired at the end of 5.1, returned start of 5.4, left again. Bleh.

  10. #530
    Quote Originally Posted by Crummy View Post
    Anyway, nice to see Diablo doing so well
    No? It was a major disappointment and the sales were based entirely on the game's name and the content that was expected to be released.

    There will probably always be a somewhat large decline in wow's subs when a new expansion has been released and people have done their leveling and gearing. Some people play the game just to go through the lore of the leveling and then once that's complete, they quit the game again. That in combination with PVP being worse than ever before, even worse than S5, leading to a decrease in subs is perfectly reasonable. It'll most likely shoot up a bit when the new tier comes.

  11. #531
    Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    So what? A decline is a decline, WoW's "golden age" is long over, the game is going to keep losing players, will you still be using that defense when it's down to 3 million players?
    Well, the doomsday prophets said the game was done when it dropped from 8 to 7.5 million a few years ago.

    One sample does not a trend make.

  12. #532
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,680
    So its lost a few subs, big freakin deal. Its still one of the biggest played MMORPG out there, and all other mmo's still can't compare to it.

    Those saying the games dying from this have been saying the same thing at any chance they can, just like end of the world doomsayers.

    However, I can speculate several reasons why people quit, mists making the game to grindy, people quitting because they don't feel like special snowflakes, quitting because of the theme. Its the same old stuff.

  13. #533
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    To be honest, we're at the point in a content patch where there is really fuck all to do apart from logging in thrice a week to raid. For people who don't raid, I really don't think there is enough to do to justify a sub.
    Tbh there's alot to do.
    Scenarios, Heroics, LFR, Pet battles, Challenge Modes, Daily Quests and PVP.

  14. #534
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It's in the Quarterly Reports. All of them. And I rounded up.

    Yup and it looks like the "all important" NA/EU portion of their sub base is doing fine thank you very much.

  15. #535
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Here's my thing. Remember when the sub totals were getting closer to 8 mil, and people were saying "well Annual Pass saved them more losses!".

    Sub numbers are still over 1.5 million higher since the long expiration of Annual Pass. What crutch can you use now to explain the fact that they only dipped below 10 million and it's about a month or so before a major raid patch, which will see, you guessed it, an increase in subs?

    Ebb and flow of the sub numbers does not mean the game is dying. It means most people that dropped will just come back to see it again when the new raid is released.
    The sub numbers have not been below 9 million since TBC and many are still bound by the annual pass. Whilst sub will still ebb and flow if after a launch of an expansion WOW has not held on to its subscribers I fear that the only direction it is going from now is a slow decline.

  16. #536
    Oh noes the game is dead what can i ... wait, how many lives does wow have, I'm pretty sure it has died like 10 times already

  17. #537
    Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    Nope. Game was at its factual best during WotLK. Opinions don't matter, the numbers do.
    Yet you try to prove your point with an opinion. A lot of people eat McDonalds every day does that make it good food? Just because more people played to see the LK story finish doesn't mean it was the best. Hell, I know people that think Cata was the best. Claiming any portion of this game as being the best is all subjective.

  18. #538
    The Patient Salarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Terrokar Forest
    Posts
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    WoW isn't going to *die* for years. No matter what haters and "It's still a lot." going to say. It'll come back up I can guarentee it.
    I said this recently but I'm pretty sure we just diagnosed it with Cancer this xpac...terminal cancer...of the balls...ghostcrawlers balls (j/K)

  19. #539
    Quote Originally Posted by dfjdejulio View Post
    Now, "free if you have wow" is something I could easily see happening. Once they have more than one MMO, I could easily see them saying you have a "battle.net" subscription and not a "WoW" or "Titan" subscription. That may in fact be the path they take to mask a decline from investors.

    Given the precedent set by WoW, I do not think their investors would accept a straight-up F2P model for "Titan" right from the start, not based on the information we have today.
    But Titan will be cross platform and not just consoles, but tablets and phones, so the likelihood of it costing money is pretty low. Remember Titan is not what you think it will be.

  20. #540
    bahahaaha oh man

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •