Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buru Diman View Post
    I guess we can be certain now that WoW will never be above 11 million subscribers again. I mean, I can't think of any feature that could ramp up the subscribers and make people say "ok its time to go back to WoW". Not even the character remodels which is their strongest known card right now.
    But hey, I still can enjoy the game. And MoP has been the best expansion story-wise. I' ll keep playing at least until I get bored and unsubscribe again like I did back at the start of Cataclysm.
    This is true.

You can read my post history, always said with making 10s = 25s raiding subs would drop because 25 man raiding guilds were the foundations of realm communities where 10man guilds add nothing and more tight knit groups. Yes 10 man raiding was good for certain players that wanted it but was bad for the game.

me and my friends quit because of the Daily quest Crap.

I don't think wow will die, but all expansion always start with something everyone hated, and then blizzard learns their lesson by the time the final patch comes out, then they fuck it up again when a new expansion comes out. So looking at history, I'll be back for the Garrosh Raid.
    Last edited by Kioshi; 2013-02-08 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimitzles View Post
    This is true.

You can read my post history, always said with making 10s = 25s raiding subs would drop because 25 man raiding guilds were the foundations of realm communities where 10man guilds add nothing and more tight knit groups. Yes 10 man raiding was good for certain players that wanted it but was bad for the game.
    that would make sense but only 2 million people raid WITH lfr included.

its like saying wow would die if it removed pvp.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    me and my friends quit because of the Daily quest Crap.

I don't think wow will die, but all expansion always start with something everyone hated, and then blizzard learns their lesson by the time the final patch comes out, then they fuck it up again when a new expansion comes out. So looking at history, I'll be back for the Garrosh Raid.
    My entire guild has unsubbed. I doubt it gets fixed until next expack. The reason people felt like they had nothing to do in Cata was because they kept us in Dragon Soul for a year... Get a clue Blizz. These optional daily quests can DIAF.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Sure, it sucks, but in the big image of things in WOW, it's but a comma in the total amount of players and I don't think Blizzard is terribly fussed. Besides, declining subs at the end of a patch have pretty much been a trend since forever.
    Declining players at the end of a patch cycle shouldn't be unexpected, but something has shifted - from launch until the end of Wrath, any dips in numbers that occurred were offset by enough gains that each new expansion led to new total subscriber records...which hasn't happened since Cata began.

Still, I agree that I doubt Blizzard is terribly upset by the drop this quarter. If the drops continue and the expansion again ends with noticeably less players subscribed than when it started (like Cata dropping from 12 million to 9.1 in less than 2 years), Blizzard might want to consider being concerned.

As for me, I find the end of expansion subscriber numbers and the numbers following the subsequent expansion release to be far more interesting, barring any "holy shit, they lost how many?" type drops if they were to happen.

This thread has so many gems of amusing hyperbole (on both sides).

/giggle
    Currently Playing: Blood Death Knight, Arcane Mage

Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    What do you think they increase will be when 5.2 drops and by many accounts one of the better raids is released?
    what the F? these are by 31st december. at that point, maybe 20 guilds have cleared HC sha? the sub loss had most likely VERY little to do with raids and more just with general burnout of of the daily grind

The problem is the game has became to simple... I personally like something more challenging and get board playing easily. BC was still the best expansion by far. Today they just like to release the newest stuff as fast as possible rather than making it harder to get to the end game content. It shouldnt be for everyone, if your not skilled enough to get there you obviously dont belong. Long gone are the days were playing your class are over... Now blizz is all about money so they made it open to everyone... but rest assure now that the subscriber base is down, expect to see a new pet or mount come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    My entire guild has unsubbed. I doubt it gets fixed until next expack. The reason people felt like they had nothing to do in Cata was because they kept us in Dragon Soul for a year... Get a clue Blizz. These optional daily quests can DIAF.
    heres the opposite of that argument. i enjoy the way dailies tell storylines much better than the way raids or dungeons do. i hope raids and dungeons can go DIAF

i wonder how much you would enjoy that
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

No matter what Blizzard has for paying people , people will always say they should have more. No other game comes close to what WoW brings in for activision. People have said that Wow will die for years, and they are always wrong. This will never change, because they like to incite people.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    heres the opposite of that argument. i enjoy the way dailies tell storylines much better than the way raids or dungeons do. i hope raids and dungeons can go DIAF

i wonder how much you would enjoy that
    Dailies don't tell storylines well at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    And since we're dredging up old-world stuff, she should be happy she was even allowed to become a nurse at all instead of being raped.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    If good directors can make walking through New Zealand or people typing on computers engaging, I'm sure someone can do something about me spending hours digging through dirt or fishing for items to make people like me.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    golden lotus, shieldwall, and 5.2 all say otherwise

The peak of subscriptions was at the end of Wrath of the Lich King at just over 12M. This was coming off hard modes becoming heroic modes, and raid difficulty settings becoming dynamic. Subscribers have slowly declined since the start of Cataclysm, and despite being perceived by most as a relatively good expansion as far as content (especially in comparison to Cataclysm) Mist of Pandaria hasn't had the appeal to maintain part of that dropoff, or get some subscribers to come back to the game. The only constant factors still left over from Cataclysm that would seem to still annoy some of the long term players is the continuation of the divisive nature of 10 and 25 man raiding.

I am not a fly by night player myself. I don't exactly take breaks from the game for extended periods of time, and my subscription has been active since approx 6 months after release of the original game. Even I am having a hard time continuing to swallow this crap, and I understand how challenging it is to continue to make the game continue to appeal to groups of players that become more and more diverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimitzles View Post
    This is true.

Amusing. One could of course argue that 40 man raiding guilds were the foundations of realm communities, and that 25 man raiding while good for certain players was bad for the game. And actually it would be a better argument as the community was at it's best in vanilla, where 40s where the norm.

Or we could both wake up and realize the raid size has little to do with anything. The increased ability to find information on the internet, and the variety in game tools, and the sheer size of the player base are what have made relationships more disposable. The reason why the community is in decline is because you no longer need a community to accomplish anything in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    golden lotus, shieldwall, and 5.2 all say otherwise
    No, they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by mosely View Post
    No, they don't.
    Well not so much the others but I actually liked the shieldwall quest line. I also liked that you level the rep fairly quickly only doing a few quests each day.

Quote Originally Posted by mosely View Post
    No, they don't.
    yes they do. some of the best quest writing this games ever seen.

wow's problem is we keep getting the same thing.
    2 years to make
    10-30 days of leveling content
    1-2 months of end game content.
    no new content except every 6 months on content patches.

so..2 years to design and make the "zone's" an "events" of each expansion.. we level through it in 10 days or so.. 30 for the slow folk... by month 2 your raiding crew is at it.. and 2 months later you have a large portion of your "better than average" guilds done with normals working on heroics. (repeating content). we then wait 6+ months for new content. (what did 5.1 add.. more dailies.. after a large percentage of players were pissed about so many dailies.. but. we get more.).

what do we have to look forward to? more of the same. expansion after expansion blizzard puts the largest effort into leveling content and not the content we spend the majority of our time in which is endgame content, pvp, pve, raiding, crafting.. if we had the effort placed here instead of on leveling content we would be happier players.. lets be honest.. did you enjoy leveling 85-90? i did at first.. but then by 88 it became a grind.. the amount of quest needed to level felt just a bit boring (and i like leveling normally)

2 - 3 hours of leveling content per level is all that is required to tell your story.. better designed events to tell your story instead of more go kill x collect y quests.. come on.. we killed Illidan, Arthas, and Deathwing.. do you really think players enjoy killing another recolored troll for un-named npc we will never see again? unless blizzard breaks its own mold players will continue to leave out of sheer boredom.

Love the interesting note about D3, you think that had anything to do with WoW? D3 was the biggest flop of a release blizzard has ever had and included numerous complaints to the B.B.B. as well as numerous lawsuits. A entire country was server blacklisted for nearly a month because a dupe which crashed the economy, and U.S side was able to dup for nearly 2 months.

WoW going down to 9.6 million subs, d3 had about as much to do with that.. as me bench pressing a panda has to do with WoW's success and/or fail.

Their lack of empathy for most of the player base, and their trying to cater to small children crying nerf, or buff... thats whats cost them sub's. I remember a time when WoW well surpassed 12 million and was estimated close to 14 million. Anyone else remember those days? I remember days when people were eager to log on, not "jesus I gotta log on because I have to do this, this and this or fall behind in rep and won't be able to do this, this or this. When did games become jobs? Thought games were just games.

Sincerely, 7 year veteran of WoW who turns off his sub after a month or two of WoW until next patch since WOLK.
    How to play a mage - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-jHePE6m1Y
    How to play a mage 2.0 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP-Cmugn2rc
    How to play a mage 3.0 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni3hOGV372A&feature=PlayList&p=D7C1E1D70FB5E1C0&playnext_from=PL&index=0&playnext= 1

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    -Albert Einstein