Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I find it funny those who say they quit cause of the dailies, that they are in no way forced to do don't like them don't do them simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yes they do. some of the best quest writing this games ever seen.
    The actual daily quests don't. They're just filler quests to kill x number of people or get y number of body parts. The quests unlocked at reputation benchmarks do, but those aren't daily quests.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    so......9,600,000 is still pretty good if you compare to other games.
    how many subscribers does your game have?
    You don't compare how a game is doing by comparing it to another game.
    You always compare to itself. The history of the game shows it's progress.

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Amusing. One could of course argue that 40 man raiding guilds were the foundations of realm communities, and that 25 man raiding while good for certain players was bad for the game. And actually it would be a better argument as the community was at it's best in vanilla, where 40s where the norm.

Or we could both wake up and realize the raid size has little to do with anything. The increased ability to find information on the internet, and the variety in game tools, and the sheer size of the player base are what have made relationships more disposable. The reason why the community is in decline is because you no longer need a community to accomplish anything in the game.
    I agree and then disagree. Ironically WoW was at its highest when 40 man raids existed. Were they tuned correctly? No, but.. it made more of a socially acceptable game, IE MMORPG. WoW has literally became so unlike what a MMORPG stands for.. you can now do most things except raid, by yourself. I don't wish to play a game where I do 98% solo and even 1-2% social. If I want single player I have a long list of games I can play, or even get more out of lately then WoW gives socially.
    How to play a mage - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-jHePE6m1Y
    How to play a mage 2.0 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP-Cmugn2rc
    How to play a mage 3.0 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni3hOGV372A&feature=PlayList&p=D7C1E1D70FB5E1C0&playnext_from=PL&index=0&playnext= 1

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The actual daily quests don't. They're just filler quests to kill x number of people or get y number of body parts. The quests unlocked at reputation benchmarks do, but those aren't daily quests.
    there all part of the same hub. if it werent for the daily quests and you just showed up once after x amount of time it wouldnt have the same feel to it.

daily quests allow time to move forward in events without hopping.

i count the "non" daily quests as part of the entire experience that the dailies center around
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Garradorr View Post
    I find it funny those who say they quit cause of the dailies, that they are in no way forced to do don't like them don't do them simple as that.
    I find it funny when the blind try and lead the blind or even the sheep for that matter. While I have alts as a testament to "yes you don't HAVE to do dailies". I know those characters who did dailies 1. got perks for it that don't affect the account just the single character as a whole 2. better geared and progressed then the non-dailies.

Edit - Irony also has it come 5.2 even one of the new hubs, you can only access if you've fully unlocked your farm and that requires dailies.. alas.. irony.. coincidence.. or the reason why blizzard is making even more rep gaining abilities in the 5.2 patch because they themselves had to bow down to a post awhile back proving you had to do dailies in the long run with blizzard's current course of MOP
    How to play a mage - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-jHePE6m1Y
    How to play a mage 2.0 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP-Cmugn2rc
    How to play a mage 3.0 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni3hOGV372A&feature=PlayList&p=D7C1E1D70FB5E1C0&playnext_from=PL&index=0&playnext= 1

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    -Albert Einstein

Lmao...no. Seriously laughed out loud at this.

Some dailies are better than others, but a vehicle for compelling storywriting they are not. Progressive dailies are a slight improvement, but the same story could be told over a long non-repeatable questline. There is nothing about the "daily" and "repeatable" element of dailies that makes dailies a better vehicle for storytelling over regular quests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    And since we're dredging up old-world stuff, she should be happy she was even allowed to become a nurse at all instead of being raped.

well pack it up folks it is time for F2P and or to find the next mmo cause this ship is sinking fast!
    Also .....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjQZNAfxaTw

I saw your title, and was fully intending on coming here to deliver the verbal equivalent of a punch in the dick.
    -TheWerebison

HAHAHA I freaking called it. Everyone else attacked me for it and what do you know, is it a curse to be always right? My next fortelling: Ghost Crawler fired. Such a crap expansion, how can they think by pumping out this cheap crap content they will hold onto their players?

Quote Originally Posted by Yondame View Post
    I find it funny when the blind try and lead the blind or even the sheep for that matter. While I have alts as a testament to "yes you don't HAVE to do dailies". I know those characters who did dailies 1. got perks for it that don't affect the account just the single character as a whole 2. better geared and progressed then the non-dailies.
    i ask why do you expect all of your alts to be that geared up? why is it so important that you progress that far with more than one or two characters? you in no way need valor gear in order to do raids, lfr, or dungeons. it only takes about 7 daily quests a day to get the 90 you need a week for the bonus roll that only gives a slight chance at more loot.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    There are sections of books that don't directly impact the stories plot, but they're still part of telling the story - because otherwise the "book" would be a series of bullet points.

The "filler" daily quests are still an important part of the story, and anyone who argues the 5.1 daily / quest line didn't tell a good story is just being silly - probably the best piece of questing they've added to the game since classic, I actually like Lor'themar now, I know nothing of his character before it - now I'd wouldn't object even if he became warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Lmao...no. Seriously laughed out loud at this.

Some dailies are better than others, but a vehicle for compelling storywriting they are not. Progressive dailies are a slight improvement, but the same story could be told over a long non-repeatable questline. There is nothing about the "daily" and "repeatable" element of dailies that makes dailies a better vehicle for storytelling over regular quests.
    no they couldnt. some of it could be replicated but the feel of progression over time wouldnt be there, it would be hopping from time zone to time zone

Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    i'm more surprised that D3 sales continued to climb so high considering it's reputation.
    I also thought this was the most interesting fact. If I recall rightly, D3 sold 10 million in the initial release rush. This means that even after the haters would have us believe that everyone in the world hated it and nobody had a single good word to say about it, it still sold two million more copies.

Translation: the haters were as hysterical and noisy a minority as I always thought they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    There are sections of books that don't directly impact the stories plot, but they're still part of telling the story - because otherwise the "book" would be a series of bullet points.

The "filler" daily quests are still an important part of the story, and anyone who argues the 5.1 daily / quest line didn't tell a good story is just being silly - probably the best piece of questing they've added to the game since classic, I actually like Lor'themar now, I know nothing of his character before it - now I'd wouldn't object even if he became warchief.
    i think this sums up how i feel about them.

there all part of the same hub. if it werent for the daily quests and you just showed up once after x amount of time it wouldnt have the same feel to it.

daily quests allow time to move forward in events without hopping.

i count the "non" daily quests as part of the entire experience that the dailies center around
    I suppose they do add to the atmosphere of what makes the story relevant.

IMO, they could tweak daily quests to be more like filler episodes on TV shows: add little bits and hints that tie into the overall arc which progresses each day of dailies (at smaller reputation benchmarks than the main story quests).

´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?

No they really don't, the actual dailies have next to no story. Its the few quests they put in every now and then (the 5.1 stuff had that every second day and at the end even every single day) that tell a story. Going down a mine and killing spiders because random npc goblin x wants to turn a profit because he thinks y is important, even though you will never hear of it again, is not telling a story. All the dailies do is put gating on the actual story quests. While it was certainly refreshing I could do with out the dailies and just do the story ones, but this way the 5.1 patch would have lasted mere 3hours instead of a bit over a week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Garradorr View Post
    It isn't that they are forced to do them; it's that blizzard wastes time on building tedious boring tasks, pet battles for example, rather than make the game more interesting by focusing on what makes the game good. No one plays wow to play with pokemon.
    Last edited by bigjohnburger; 2013-02-08 at 04:53 AM.

i *still* disagree with those D3 stats. annual pass free copies were included. i dont consider that a sale

Quote Originally Posted by Yondame View Post
    I agree and then disagree. Ironically WoW was at its highest when 40 man raids existed. Were they tuned correctly? No, but.. it made more of a socially acceptable game, IE MMORPG. WoW has literally became so unlike what a MMORPG stands for.. you can now do most things except raid, by yourself. I don't wish to play a game where I do 98% solo and even 1-2% social. If I want single player I have a long list of games I can play, or even get more out of lately then WoW gives socially.
    while community did change.. the game itself changed with the difficulty curve.. raids got smaller because it became harder to fill with quality players who could do the content. look at where we are today.. little to no server community, and most 25 man raiding is dead because its easier to find 10 bodies who can breath and do what they are told and not have to drag 25 to 15 other people who repeatedly wipe the raid over and over. if you want to get down to the nitty gritty.. its lack of new content and lack of success at current content that will cause the biggest ammount of bleed in the game.. doing the same thing over and over for 6 months and then doing it when you have a guild that struggles for various reasons (maybe they are just behind the curve.. but that curve will get steeper and steeper till i catch's a lot of guilds) less players succeeding the more players quit

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post

That filler in books is used to develop the characters in the story. Nothing in those daily quests had anything to do with any of the characters in the story. It tries to set the environment and scale of what is happening around the main plot, but it's just busywork.