Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ...
23
31
32
33
34
35
43
... LastLast
  1. #641
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnburger View Post
    they're about to have 9.6 with the way things are going.
    I would love to see a shred of evidence that you didn't pull this number straight from your ass.

  2. #642
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Where do you get the idea that it's Blizzard's responsibility to provide you with playmates?
    It's an mmo. So that being the case maybe from the Massively multiplayer...

  3. #643
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    With one hour + queues for LFR and more often than not getting an in progress meaning I need to que again, ends up meaning if I can finish 2 LFRs a day I am doing great and that is if I am not doing anything else. If add in doing a daily dungeon, that is 1 LFR a day and 1 dungeon and dailies while queing. All 4 LFRs is 4 days. If you play every single day, then you have what is left over after doing your dungeon for 3 days. Not everyone can play 6 hours a day seven days a week.
    Sounds a lot like you need to learn to manage your time/evaluate whether a particular upgrade or whatever you're getting out of all these activities is worth the time.

  4. #644
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post
    It's quite obvious exactly what happens with this game. Every expansion launch the numbers jump up to 10 million, then a few months later they drop somewhere between 9 and 10 million and hover around there for the rest of the expansion. New expansion -> rinse and repeat.

    So it's nothing out of the ordinary. People saying WoW is dying because of this are talking out of their asses; a game with only 500k subscribers is good enough to stay alive and well, so 9.6 million is ridiculously amazing, especially for the way the MMO market has been moving over the past couple of years.

    WoW is stronger than strong, it's not going down until it wants to.
    Dude get a grip you're in denial, that's nothing like what happens. WoW has 14 million at Wrath, then by the end of Cata under 10 million. By the end of this I don't even want to know. The only thing that has changed is the devs.

  5. #645
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    I would love to see a shred of evidence that you didn't pull this number straight from your ass.
    Check the thread title and then look back at what he wrote again. >.<

  6. #646
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    54
    Ive never seen a 1 hour LFR even as a dps which i dont usually do, so i call bullshit

  7. #647
    The Patient Rupture91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    In the mountains....
    Posts
    227
    Omg WoW is dying! No but seriously who the hell cares? I'd still play even if they only had 500k players.
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

  8. #648
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Ive never seen a 1 hour LFR even as a dps which i dont usually do, so i call bullshit
    i have but usually only when im playing at odd hours or if i forget to do one and its late in the week. however i almost always am doing something else while im qued so the majority of the time i dont really care how long its taking
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  9. #649
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Some people can't play this game and not raid because raiding is why they play....I am one of those people. And raiding requires a certain amount of prep work.

    I've raided with alts with more casual guilds and it is not satisfying, generally nice people but wiping on mechanics that you mastered in the first week is not enjoyable.

    My guild isn't even that demanding, the stuff we expect from our raiders is pretty standard minus the required gold runs, etc that some top guilds require raiders to show up for.
    I'm in the second best Alliance/5th best overall guild on my server and my guild doesn't expect shit from us except some basic encounter knowledge, flasks and potions. There are plenty of less demanding guilds out there that still succeed. If you will settle for no less than the very cutting edge of progression, but aren't willing to take advantage of every avenue offered toward that goal, then that's a fundamental disconnect that is your own fault, not Blizzard's.

    You (and about a billion other players) are complaining because Blizzard gives you a lot of options for improving your character and you feel "compelled" to do them all because of your own choices and goals.

  10. #650
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    I would love to see a shred of evidence that you didn't pull this number straight from your ass.
    obviously it's not going to be 9.6, that's wow current and dropping numbers. Elder Scrolls franchise is known for making amazing games and I'm sure whatever they bring out will take a chunk out of wow subs.

  11. #651
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Check the thread title and then look back at what he wrote again. >.<
    The person I quoted was answering my question about how many subs ELDER SCROLLS had, not WoW. But by all means continue giving me reading advice, lol.

  12. #652
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i have but usually only when im playing at odd hours or if i forget to do one and its late in the week. however i almost always am doing something else while im qued so the majority of the time i dont really care how long its taking
    True that i usually run Kara or TK while im waiting since you can solo them now, kills time, i get good looking gear (something we havent seen since BC) and it brings back happy memories butt fuck it i started playing tera and the battle/healing system in that game is about 10x more engaging than wow

  13. #653
    Herald of the Titans Haidaes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    BUoE - Bureaucratic Union of Europe
    Posts
    2,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    does anyone have the exact article from a while back? or was it a tweet? i cant remember. but something like 3 million people who pet battle regularly or something. that would actually be more than all of the raiders to.

    so if im remembering correctly that means there are more people that pet battle than raiders *including lfr* and pvpers.

    but less than a million people pvp anyways so having more people means nothing in that regard

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 12:06 AM ----------



    chen stormstout is the greatest character in the history of warcraft
    Did they also state what they conasider "regularly" ? I bring myself to grind my pets up at least one level every 2 months, by the very definition of the word that means im doing it on a regular basis. Statistical comments like these from blizzard are just hollow phrases if you don't know the circumstances. Its the same with the the once a month people logging in in china to see of their shit is still there. Way too vage to make a good argument for or against anything if you don't have all the data.

  14. #654
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnburger View Post
    obviously it's not going to be 9.6, that's wow current and dropping numbers. Elder Scrolls franchise is known for making amazing games and I'm sure whatever they bring out will take a chunk out of wow subs.
    So in other words, yes, you did completely fabricate that number. Gotcha.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 05:20 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnburger View Post
    It's an mmo. So that being the case maybe from the Massively multiplayer...
    Blizzard has multiple servers for a reason, and it should be obvious why they don't let people transfer for free, but if it's not obvious to you then you're not gonna believe my explanation.

  15. #655
    Legendary! KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    6,566
    TIL this about these numbers:

    a.) A small loss of 500k is actually huge.
    b.) The most popular MMORPG is dying now.
    c.) Mike Morrhaime will come out and say most of the losses were in the East despite it being illegal.
    d.) Ghostcrawler sucks but give him a break because he doesn't run everything on his own.

    God I love conflicting posts like these.

  16. #656
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    I'm in the second best Alliance/5th best overall guild on my server and my guild doesn't expect shit from us except some basic encounter knowledge, flasks and potions. There are plenty of less demanding guilds out there that still succeed. If you will settle for no less than the very cutting edge of progression, but aren't willing to take advantage of every avenue offered toward that goal, then that's a fundamental disconnect that is your own fault, not Blizzard's.

    You (and about a billion other players) are complaining because Blizzard gives you a lot of options for improving your character and you feel "compelled" to do them all because of your own choices and goals.
    I call BS or you are the GM of your guild or are otherwise in a secure raid spot, competitive guilds mean that you have constant pressure to maximize your performance in raid encounters.

    You only have options regarding how you earn your valor in this expansion once you have earned the required rep to spend it, which can only be acquired through dailies. That is not choice. Having a crap ton of dailies is fine, next time remove the rep requirement or offer alternative ways to rep grind.

    I have no issues with dailies but I do have an issue with them being required if you want to spend your valor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    The person I quoted was answering my question about how many subs ELDER SCROLLS had, not WoW. But by all means continue giving me reading advice, lol.
    Good lord /headdesk. Obviously that went completely over your head.

  17. #657
    Herald of the Titans Haidaes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    BUoE - Bureaucratic Union of Europe
    Posts
    2,912
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    The person I quoted was answering my question about how many subs ELDER SCROLLS had, not WoW. But by all means continue giving me reading advice, lol.
    And yet you clearly didn't get the joke.
    Last edited by Haidaes; 2013-02-08 at 05:27 AM.

  18. #658
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    chen stormstout is the greatest character in the history of warcraft
    judging by your avatar I can see you love the panda's. Sure some people have embraced them but they are still a strange addition. a single character from a moba game is expanded into a new wow expansion. I still think they went off the path in more than one way. Quests, and dungeons should use the lore they have. Its deep and involving. To turn their back on it and introduce a random race was in miy opinion a bad idea.

    I would of continued with the legion story and introduced pandas that way, as an ancient enemy to them that help you out. Not base an entire expansion around them, I still suspect its because over 70% of their player base is chinese.

    As much as I enjoy the lore, WoW is pretty much dead to me until the next expansion perhaps. not too sure why I'm bothering to post.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

  19. #659
    Grunt Cradleofdawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Alexandroupolis, Greece
    Posts
    10
    The lower the better, more lewts less exploit and botting! Thumbs up!

  20. #660
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    So in other words, yes, you did completely fabricate that number. Gotcha

    Blizzard has multiple servers for a reason, and it should be obvious why they don't let people transfer for free, but if it's not obvious to you then you're not gonna believe my explanation.
    It was a joke, you don't get out much do you? And you're saying if people can't play the game the way its meant to be played they should just sit there and keep forking out money when they can't play? You can't do anything in wow except quest without other people. And if you think it's so obvious then enlighten me with a non laughable reason.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •