Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ...
25
33
34
35
36
37
45
... LastLast
  1. #681
    It's going to continue dropping so long as they believe "they know best" when it comes to reputation and making it near impossible to play alts.

  2. #682
    9,6M? This game is dead.

  3. #683
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Pet battles and pandas provide entertainment for some ye.

    But from my point of view. If a 12 million sub based MMO game is not able to keep their game updated with decent content and good progress... Then it shouldn't be a sub based game. Thats how bad Blizzard is doing atm. They have failed alot of their former players with very poor choises in the past 3 years. LFR for example is a total insult for ppl that want to do raiding - but are unable to spend 20-30 hours per week in normal raids. Thats the first thing Blizz needs to fix. PROPER raid progress in normal mode.. Right now less than 3% of the playerbase have done all bosses in normal mode. Reason ? Cause Blizzard made normals harder than what they were before. At the same time many old sub based gamers that want to play meaningfull raid progress and still have real life are focred into LFR... Or like me... just quit. Cause LFR is the lowest of low - almost as low as daily quests. And guess what... thats the two things BLizzard offered for their RPG systems in MOP....
    There are plenty of people that have limited play time yet still manage normal raid progression quite well, stop looking for excuses.

  4. #684
    Quote Originally Posted by Getreuer View Post
    500k is a high number but the game is also getting "old" so it didnt really surprise me.
    You re right. WoW can afford losing another 500k for every single one of the next 15 quarters to reach the sub level of SWTOR at its highest peak! 15 Quarters is almost 4 years...
    Still alarming though, because you cannot guarantee that things will remain at those levels as things are set in motion.

  5. #685
    Not even going to get drawn in to "its a dying game" BS. Simple fact is that`s still, 9,599,999 other people for me to play with.

  6. #686
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    9,6M? This game is dead.
    Ahaha. You know, most people don't want to understand that a game like this (MMORPG) can be profitable with just 500k subscribers (I don't remember where I read this though). They have about 9.6 million of subscribers, sure, it's dying for real. Come on guys, let's stop the hate and enjoy the game(s). Gaming is having fun not insulting each other.

  7. #687
    But I agree about Blizzards stand point these days and there arrogance over dailys and this "we know best, despite outcry" BS.

    Dailys = un-fun

    HC`s = not hard enuff and no reward past jp lvl.

    JP = Useless to pointless to run 5mans

    Charms/Coins = Only from dailys? no from 5 mans aswell please

    No point having x rewards for x gameplay. I should be able to earn the same charms/coins/vp/jp etc no matter what i play be it 5mans/scens/dailys the only factor should be how you obtain them and the rate.

    Likewise if your going to stick us for all these fucking reps, give us the option of tabards, they need to show there able to let us play the way we want and not box us into to these grind fests to artificially lengthen a game that actually now doesnt need it.

  8. #688
    The Lightbringer Tharkkun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    3,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    It's going to continue dropping so long as they believe "they know best" when it comes to reputation and making it near impossible to play alts.
    You mean where you get revered on one character and buy a token which doubles that reputation on your current toon and all future alts? Takes about 1.5-2 weeks to hit revered.

  9. #689
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    i'm more surprised that D3 sales continued to climb so high considering it's reputation.
    Yeah, I won't be buying any of their SC2 or D3 expansions. MOP has nearly managed to lose me from eight years of wow, but not quite.

  10. #690
    Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    So what? A decline is a decline, WoW's "golden age" is long over, the game is going to keep losing players, will you still be using that defense when it's down to 3 million players?
    Hoping that this stupid hate will stop it's asking too much I think.
    Last edited by Mauretto; 2013-02-08 at 07:42 AM.

  11. #691
    I don't know how much of that has any correlation to the state of the game rather than long time players just quitting. Every one of the people I saw quit did so because all their friends were starting to quit and so a domino effect happened, saw an entire guild literally die because of this.

  12. #692
    Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    God you fanboys never quit.
    So now liking a game is being a fanboy? I won't even comment further.

  13. #693
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    You mean where you get revered on one character and buy a token which doubles that reputation on your current toon and all future alts? Takes about 1.5-2 weeks to hit revered.
    Yeah I mean where I don't play my alts because of their bullshit reputation-gated VP gear. I do in fact mean that, yes. I have one level 90 alt that doesn't run dailies ever. I have 8 other level 85 characters. Well. Two of them are 88 but I've stopped playing them.

    Getting my one alt geared enough to run all the LFRs was hard, took me several weeks since I didn't have the rep to buy the VP gear for it. It was the opposite of fun. Running dailies for rep is not fun. I play this game to have fun. Weird, I know.

  14. #694
    The Patient stigz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckd View Post
    But I agree about Blizzards stand point these days and there arrogance over dailys and this "we know best, despite outcry" BS.

    Dailys = un-fun

    HC`s = not hard enuff and no reward past jp lvl.

    JP = Useless to pointless to run 5mans

    Charms/Coins = Only from dailys? no from 5 mans aswell please

    No point having x rewards for x gameplay. I should be able to earn the same charms/coins/vp/jp etc no matter what i play be it 5mans/scens/dailys the only factor should be how you obtain them and the rate.

    Likewise if your going to stick us for all these fucking reps, give us the option of tabards, they need to show there able to let us play the way we want and not box us into to these grind fests to artificially lengthen a game that actually now doesnt need it.
    You're an idiot.

    Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-02-08 at 07:24 PM.

  15. #695
    Quote Originally Posted by Azax24 View Post
    500k loss? Looks like WoW is dead oh well goodbye all i will miss you ima go play rift now
    Lol see you in 3 years when Rift will be dead and WoW still has way more then 5 million subs.

  16. #696
    Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    Yeah I mean where I don't play my alts because of their bullshit reputation-gated VP gear. I do in fact mean that, yes. I have one level 90 alt that doesn't run dailies ever. I have 8 other level 85 characters. Well. Two of them are 88 but I've stopped playing them.

    Getting my one alt geared enough to run all the LFRs was hard, took me several weeks since I didn't have the rep to buy the VP gear for it. It was the opposite of fun. Running dailies for rep is not fun. I play this game to have fun. Weird, I know.
    I hate to be "that guy" that always comes along to pat his own back with how great a player he is. But....

    Seriously. I am a very casual player and I still have 4 level 90'ies 3 of which can run the ToES. Getting to 460 ilevel to get into the first LFR is very easy indeed. Buy some 450 crafted gear. Spend an evening chaining heroics and you will get very close to 460 if not way over. In case you are missing just that little bit of ilevel then buy som 476 crafted gear. Quite cheap and easy to come by. With regards to rep you can be at least revered with klaxxi before hitting level 90 and getting honored with the other factions really doesn't take very long.

    Saying that it is hard to get gear for running LFR's is just plain wrong.

  17. #697
    A 9 year old game losing small amounts of subscribers over the years. Shocking!

    For all of those attacking each other, shut up. It's an ancient game, people move on, it's to be expected. This isn't a huge revelation to anyone with half a brain.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

    build pics

  18. #698
    Old God Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    10,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Doesn't really matter, it's a huge loss of many of those are in Europe/US and will mean a whole less money for them. Grinding Dailys and stuff all day doesn't seem to have been that liked afterall, so people were right that the whole double rep for factions and other things were a saving throw by Blizzard.
    500,000 people don't like the current game model. 9.6 Million do. People quit for thousands of reasons, so I am certain that dailies are in there, but there could also be simple ones, such as work, money issues, bored because they've been playing to long, and many more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    God you fanboys never quit.
    Being rational and looking at the statistic for what they really show, is not being a fan boy. 9.6 Million active subscribers is a large number. World of Warcraft could drop down to 5 Million and still be the best game. Many of the people on these forums are critical of Blizzard, so I fail to see how we can be fan boys.

  19. #699
    As someone who has quit a couple months back, I can see why 500k would be lost.

    1) Game doesn't seem as fun, or at least the focus shifting to dailies overload didn't make it fun for me.
    2) People are getting older and having less time for MMOs (Or grinding dailies)

  20. #700
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    18,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckd View Post
    But I agree about Blizzards stand point these days and there arrogance over dailys and this "we know best, despite outcry" BS.

    Dailys = un-fun

    HC`s = not hard enuff and no reward past jp lvl.

    JP = Useless to pointless to run 5mans

    Charms/Coins = Only from dailys? no from 5 mans aswell please
    ..and you are looking at content (HM) that under 400 guilds could beat if you claim HMs are "too easy". In fact, barely 150 000 people even do HC. Barely 500 000 raid normal modes. The numbers are pretty much the same over the years. Yet 500 000 left the game.

    This cannot add add. THINK for a second and you see it has other reasons. It seems that indeed the only group that stays stable are....the RAIDERS.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •