Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ...
30
38
39
40
41
42
... LastLast
  1. #781
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    9.6 million subscribers is still well over a billion dollars per year in subscription fees alone. If you think this dip heralds the end of WoW, you might need to see a doctor.
    How can anyone still not know that all 9.6 million do not pay $15 a month?

  2. #782
    Quote Originally Posted by Sersel View Post
    Haters will always hate
    Pessimists will always be negative
    Lemmings are to stupid to think for themself and just run of the cliff because another did so too.
    You forgot "investors". The ones getting a heart-attack by looking at a graph shaped like this: http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-1.png

    WoW is on a steady decline since the release of Cataclysm and everything Blizzard has done so far to stop or revert the trend has failed.

    By the way, that's just stating the facts. I couldn't care less about the petty squabbles of fanboys and haters.

    Edit: Well I lied, I do care. I find reading those squabbles highly amusing.
    Last edited by Gordon; 2013-02-08 at 03:38 PM.

  3. #783
    Quote Originally Posted by Burks View Post
    I don't get it. People can claim all day that they can't wait to see the collapse of Blizzard and see the end to their monopoly of the MMO industry, yet clearly the spell hasn't been broken when these same people continue to frequent websites such as MMO-Champion or WoWHead, and Curse reading news about what is in the works with Blizzard.

    If any of these kinds of posters were actually genuine, we'd never see any of their posts, because they'd have severed their ties with the game they so claim to dislike. If your excuse is that you love these communities, then why would you rant and rave for the fall of the company that makes these websites viable? Without WoW, I highly doubt that many WoW fansites would have the user traffic to generate enough money to keep these communities up and running.

    The WoW user base has always been extremely paradoxical but it's beginning to get to the point of ridiculousness. Either play the game or don't, but don't contradict yourself by playing the game that you bad mouth.
    You do know that there is a GW2 (and others) subforum on mmo-champion, don't you? I spend more time on guildwars2guru.com but do pop into the GW2 section here too. News for all games (more often WOW) appears on the front page here so it's difficult to miss.

  4. #784
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    How can anyone still not know that all 9.6 million do not pay $15 a month?
    True, but the average worldwide seems to be 9 dollars a month. Thats still a 85 million a month just for subs. No Vanity or extra commercial products included.
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    I don't celebrate National Native Americans Welcomed Us With Open Arms and Helped Us Survive the First Winter That We Were Woefully Unprepared For and We Repaid Them By Taking Their Lands, Raping Their Women and Murdering Them Day....
    Several Indian tribes see this holiday as the beginning of a process by which they tragically lost their land, and their population was decimated. Every year Indians come together in Plymouth to commemorate their "national day of mourning."

  5. #785
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Magtheridon-US
    Posts
    166
    I've noticed a pretty extreme dropoff in the number of active players on my server. Major cities are ghost towns even at peak hours, quest hubs are empty, arena queue times have gone from instant to 2 min+, there's hardly any competition on the AH or for gathering nodes except from bots/gold farmers, Sha is up for days at a time rather than minutes, etc. If people are still playing, they're doing a damn good job of hiding.

    I still have a subscription, but my account is canceled (3 month sub) -- wonder if they count myself and other people like that in their 9.6 million number.

  6. #786
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Since you have no way of knowing who is or isn't playing on your server, your view of "maybe a few hundred players" could very easily be 1,000 players.

    I mean, do I really need to go further than your pugging a Sha group? Get a Guild and watch your problems disappear.
    So even if it is 1000 players, how do you get from that to 9, 600, 000, even when adding all the other servers.

    And what the hell is "do I really need to go futher than your pugging a sha group" supposed to mean? You're saying sha is hard or something?

    I used to form 25 man pugs raids in WOTLK in 20 minutes or less and clear up to Sindragosa before nerf and up to Mimiron before nerf.

    Don't you understand that even guilds are dead on my server? Once upon a time we were the first to open AQ gates, now people struggle to get someone with epic paterns to craft them gear.

    "Watch my problem dissapear"...are you that conceited?

  7. #787
    The Lightbringer Tharkkun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    3,171
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Bingo! ^

    It's a bigger deal than most would think so shortly after the expansion release.

    They still have a money maker, the game is still doing well but I doubt it is as on track as they hoped it would be at this point.
    Or you both could read the thread and liten to the conf call and realize you're dead wrong.

  8. #788
    Quote Originally Posted by Mondroc View Post
    Yup, because it's true. You say that 9.6 million is a game dying.. What does that say for every other mmo out there? Already dead? Or is it purely on how fast you're going down not total numbers? Or are you just scewing things so you have an arguement? Hmm?
    To be fair those other games are just as good or better. We're all just stuck on wow because it's been around so long and provides the same type of entertainment. sometimes better sometimes worse.

    Imo rift is better, pvp gw2 blows wow away, potential TOR has a lot. but there's a lot of history, nostalgia, friends, etc on wow that keeps us going. i've quit several times and played all of the other games. i just don't stay with them because i can always do wow. If wow dies i think it'll be a boon or a swoon for the entire mmo industry. either we'll all migrate to the other games or quit mmos altogether.

    Those other games are alive, and wow is alive. sub numbers don't mean much unless america and europe see the majority of the drop off. China and korea don't count for us because they're different and difficult to communicate or enjoy the game with.

  9. #789
    Pandaren Monk Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    1,775
    It's a decline, not dying. Games can't die because they don't live. The day people stop playing it completely is the day they shut down the servers. Or the individual dies. Either or.

  10. #790
    The Lightbringer Tharkkun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    3,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    To be fair those other games are just as good or better. We're all just stuck on wow because it's been around so long and provides the same type of entertainment. sometimes better sometimes worse.

    Imo rift is better, pvp gw2 blows wow away, potential TOR has a lot. but there's a lot of history, nostalgia, friends, etc on wow that keeps us going. i've quit several times and played all of the other games. i just don't stay with them because i can always do wow. If wow dies i think it'll be a boon or a swoon for the entire mmo industry. either we'll all migrate to the other games or quit mmos altogether.

    Those other games are alive, and wow is alive. sub numbers don't mean much unless america and europe see the majority of the drop off. China and korea don't count for us because they're different and difficult to communicate or enjoy the game with.
    Rift is very repetitive, pvp is horribly broken and the grind is an extreme waste of time to keep people subbed longer. Plus their CEO quit and they fired a bunch of lead developers a few weeks ago. No other competitor has more than a million subs right now.

  11. #791
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    I have characters on Medivh (my 7 year server) and it's a ghost town. Horde side has like 100 active players and Alliance has maybe a few hundred considering the difficulty of getting a simple sha group together or an every day raid for old/new raids.

    9.6 million active players? I seriously doubt it.
    Can relate to that, tried MOP trial and visited my old server (alliance) which had top world guild progress during TBC and WOTLK, numerous 25 guilds, Ironforge was packed at any hour.

    Today? Not one (1) alliance guild is ranked at wowprogress, which lists 289 guilds who have killed at least 1 raid boss in this expansion. It's not just dead in a sense of small population. It literally is dead, with only CRZ people occupating old cities.

  12. #792
    Well, okay

    What effect does this have on me? oh, none at all? okay

  13. #793
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    You forgot "investors". The ones getting a heart-attack by looking at a graph shaped like this: http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-1.png

    WoW is on a steady decline since the release of Cataclysm and everything Blizzard has done so far to stop or revert the trend has failed.

    By the way, that's just stating the facts. I couldn't care less about the petty squabbles of fanboys and haters.
    You assuming im a fanboi is fail if i understand you correct. Facts are that the number of WoW subs are so high that most likely no MMO will ever get near to it.
    If you're talking about investors that getting a heart attack for a decline in 1 product over the complete blizzard line, even a expected decline (yeah any well thinking investor will have the brain and knowledge to see that this product has gone waaaaaaay over his top and its impossible to maintain), I think your seriously missing the way of thinking of a decent and realistic investor.

    Trust me, no skilled investor would assume that their investments keep increasing endless in value on a 'product' like this.
    Besides they don't invest in WoW, they invest in Blizzard and/or Activision, as long as Blizz' their revenues are good in relation to economical developments and/or comparing products or companies, no investor will die of a heart attack.
    Last edited by Sersel; 2013-02-08 at 04:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    I don't celebrate National Native Americans Welcomed Us With Open Arms and Helped Us Survive the First Winter That We Were Woefully Unprepared For and We Repaid Them By Taking Their Lands, Raping Their Women and Murdering Them Day....
    Several Indian tribes see this holiday as the beginning of a process by which they tragically lost their land, and their population was decimated. Every year Indians come together in Plymouth to commemorate their "national day of mourning."

  14. #794
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Rift is very repetitive, pvp is horribly broken and the grind is an extreme waste of time to keep people subbed longer. Plus their CEO quit and they fired a bunch of lead developers a few weeks ago. No other competitor has more than a million subs right now.
    Perhaps you should get your facts straight.

  15. #795
    WoW's biggest problem right now is dealing with the dead servers. My server went from a medium sized population, but fairly active at the end of Wrath to an absolute ghost town where even putting together a Sha pug can take over an hour, if you can even make it happen. I'm pretty sure we don't have enough skilled players left on the server to ever put together an Oondasta kill once 5.2 hits, which all adds up to a game that is becoming increasingly less enjoyable. For those of us not willing to give Blizzard transfer fees, it'll come down to the choice of how long I keep playing, not where to move. Most of my guild feels the same way as those who are willing to transfer from our server have likely already done so. If Blizzard doesn't address this soon, a lot of servers will bleed out and they'll see a more major sub loss. WoW isn't on it's death bed, but the situation could spin out of control on Blizzard faster than they realize if they don't make it a priority.

  16. #796
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Or you both could read the thread and liten to the conf call and realize you're dead wrong.
    Or you could be open to the fact that half a million people left a game and while the game is still doing quite well, it's not something blizzard would like to continue happening which sadly at this point seems like it will.

  17. #797
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Or you could be open to the fact that half a million people left a game and while the game is still doing quite well, it's not something blizzard would like to continue happening which sadly at this point seems like it will.
    ITT: People scapegoating their personal complaints about particular features as the undisputed cause of a mostly insignificant subscription drop.

  18. #798
    So, an 8 year old game is no longer increasing its player base. Wow, what a shocker. Still funny to see all the 'wow is dying' idiots.

  19. #799
    Im one of those 500k, got bored of my main, alts in mop are horrible, so im off wow for awhile. Eventually ill be back, but gw2's got me hooked again right now

  20. #800
    Subs going up again with new content in 5.2 like it allways was....9.6 million subs...theres not one game out there who had ever this amount of subs.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •