Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You guys do realize that even at these numbers they are still making 1.7 billion dollars a year off subs alone. Not to mention the other services such as transfers, name changes and store pets.

-1 more!

After 8+ years...I unsubbed yesterday.
    I had hopes 5.2 would improve the aspect of the game that kept me around so long...my alts. From everything I've seen and read...it's going to be just more of the same. Been a good run though!

I don't really care. As long as the game is entertaining to me i will keep playing.

Il still be playing till im the last person online.

Imagine that,your the only player left in World Of Warcraft,how eerie would that be,specially when you see someone or something zoom past your vision and you race to see who it was or what it was,ghosts in the machine son! Holy sheet!

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 05:10 PM ----------

Nelrock - Today
    -1 more!

After 8+ years...I unsubbed yesterday.
    I had hopes 5.2 would improve the aspect of the game that kept me around so long...my alts. From everything I've seen and read...it's going to be just more of the same. Been a good run though!
    MORE OF THE SAME! MORE OF THE SAMEEEE!

Are you mad? For one everything you read is not final its only in PTR so thats 1+ dumb point to you.

AND HOW CAN YOU NOT BE EXCITED ABOUT RIDING A FRICKING TRICERATOPS!!!

Maybe its just me but i think you should do a little less reading and more time playing. Me thinks you have made a huge mistake (in gaming terms not real life terms ofc)
    Last edited by Wayne25uk; 2013-02-08 at 05:12 PM.

Well after all blizz have to ban some botz

The Patient
    i could not think that day when WoW is REALY dead.. I mean, its a pioneer of whole mmorpg games. First of its kind and no other game cant beat it... ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Well after all blizz have to ban some botz
    True words, but this was from Decemeber 31st, so those didn't count.

China will never quit, being the majority of WoW player base will always make it look popular. What do you expect from no sub & free expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by crsh1976 View Post
    I don't understand why it's a surprise, WoW is still hugely popular but it's old and that's why population is slowly declining. They've already made so much money off WoW, it still has a huge player base, there is no disaster here.

We can't possibly expect WoW to keep climbing the charts after almost 8 years, it's just never going to happen with a video game, especially not after the traumatic Cataclysm experience.
    But as you see, anything negative the haters will jump on it like it is christmas morning or candy. There nothing you can really do about it, just let them look like idiots and move on is the best advice I can give. This a WoW fansite its not surprising that people just outta the shadows to through around some words. As Karma will take its tole in the future & it will be funny.

It is weird the things that get people to quit. For the first time ever I am without a sub for 2 months straight. Sometimes I think maybe I should give it another go, but then I think of the dailies and all enthusiasm I had vanishes. Yes, I quit 2 months ago because of the dailies. Weird that something so insignificant can suck all the fun out of WoW for me....

Quote Originally Posted by towgrunt View Post
    You guys do realize that even at these numbers they are still making 1.7 billion dollars a year off subs alone.
    Have a look at the results. Their revenue (not profit) from all online subscriptions is now $0.99 billion. That includes WOW and COD Elite. Very good results overall and still a solid company but their subscription income has been steadily declining and is down 27% from a year ago. Considering that COD Elite would have made up almost none of the previous years subscription numbers and had over 2 million paying subscribers at some point in 2012 is an indication as to just how much the revenue from WOW subscriptions has declined year on year. Blizzard are definitely moving away from the subscriptions towards a sell model in terms of revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    China will never quit, being the majority of WoW player base will always make it look popular. What do you expect from no sub & free expansions.
    They still gotta pay by a service for it all, it isn't just handed to them for free.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 12:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Have a look at the results. Their revenue (not profit) from all online subscriptions is now $0.99 billion. That includes WOW and COD Elite. Very good results overall and still a solid company but their subscription income has been steadily declining and is down 27% from a year ago. Considering that COD Elite would have made up almost none of the previous years subscription numbers and had over 2 million paying subscribers at some point in 2012 is an indication as to just how much the revenue from WOW subscriptions has declined year on year. Blizzard are definitely moving away from the subscriptions towards a sell model in terms of revenue.
    I would love B2P for WoW, but that would cause a shitstorm worse than what we witnessed today & yesterday.

New skins on player races will change things.

Interesting if game with fresh new expansion still loose players, I wonder what we can expect when Q1 2013 conference call arrive..

Grunt
    I bet it are rogues who are quiting :P

It's a pretty huge number but honestly I don't think spending time over WoW forums complaining about how it's going to keep losing subscribers until it dies. I mean, if you don't like it why do you waste your time on it? Is WoW's ''Golden age'' over? Yep, definitely, does that make it ''worse''? Not in the slightest. People still enjoy it and as long as this is true it does not truly matter for us how many subscribers WoW loses.
    Last edited by Poppasan; 2013-02-08 at 07:15 PM.

Well I play rift and mobas now, so let's hope for something!

I love how people post as if only having 9.6 million subs is a bad thing.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 07:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lyxx View Post
    Interesting if game with fresh new expansion still loose players, I wonder what we can expect when Q1 2013 conference call arrive..
    The same unsub, resub cycle we see through the life of every WoW Xpac.

Keep in mind also many people will unsub once the year long contract is over. I am still subbed until the 15th of this month (haven't played in well over 6-8 months) and plan to cancel once I am able. Diablo 3 left a bad taste in my mouth for anything Blizzard related. I really doubt anything Blizzard is going to do with WoW will bring me back. Everything they do now feels like more of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by manniefaces View Post
    The same unsub, resub cycle we see through the life of every WoW Xpac.
    So I take it you ignored the fact in cata there was no sub gain and it keep going downhill the whole time it was out and in MOP now at the start of it there is a sub lost.

in TBC/WOTLK there was always a sub gain in CATA there was no sub gain and in MOP so far the only sub gain that they got was with the release then soon after a 400k drop.

If subs are dropping now there going to keep dropping just due to the simple fact the start of the xpac had a decent amount of content and still couldn't stop the sub bleeding.

Not saying wow is dieing but it is starting to lose subs and it will get to a point where the sub numbers will sit at a base level for awhile.

I think when the bleeding stops subs will be around 7mil.

"also to add I personally feel that people may be getting tired of the P2p setup' With games like GW2/TSW being B2p and many other F2p MMO's coming out or already out its just taking over slowy

Next F2p coming out is Marvel Hero's "MMOARPG" and Neverwinter "D&D style MMORPG*

Along with many others.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-02-08 at 07:40 PM.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    PSN: Jtbrig7390
    Nintendo ID: Jtbrig7390
    XBL: Jtbrig7390 "Inactive at this time"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390