Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You aren't required to spend valor on anything though. Just because you've earned it doesn't mean you have to be allowed to spend it on everything without doing anything. It only takes a week or two of dailies to get honored to buy Valor gear, why aren't you willing to do any work? By the time you can afford to buy those pieces you could have unlocked those pieces. (You can only earn 1000 valor a week

You also can get epics from other sources then Valor to gear up for raiding and fill out slots. No matter how much you want to deny it or say how tired you are of an argument it doesn't change the fact that dailies have never been required in MoP. And there is more choice now then in past expansions. (How you didn't find chain running heroics for rep as repetitive and monotonous is a separate issue entirely).

With the changes in 5.1 you can get unlock Valor upgrades in a week of dailies, even less in 5.2 with the different ways to gain rep. MoP is all about having to work to get things instead of being handed them. For having to play the game in order to get things out of the game.
    You should be able to spend it due to the fact that you earned the currency. Saying valor is not required is pointless, because nothing in this game is actually required in order to play, save a computer, internet access and game time.

The rest of your argument has been addressed already and we are talking in circles at this point, so I'm ending the conversation here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    You should be able to spend it due to the fact that you earned the currency. Saying valor is not required is pointless, because nothing in this game is actually required in order to play, save a computer, internet access and game time.

The rest of your argument has been addressed already and we are talking in circles at this point, so I'm ending the conversation here.
    High level gear and crafting patterns were locked behind rep back in Vanilla and it was bought with currency that people earned (gold).

Only 9.6 million, obviously WoW is dead. (HEAVY SARCASM)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    High level gear and crafting patterns were locked behind rep back in Vanilla and it was bought with currency that people earned (gold).
    My problem is not with the rep requirement as much as dailies being the only means to earn rep after a certain rep threshold, in an expansion that was advertised as offering "options" in regards to valor grinds. MoP does offer options, but after you earn the rep necessary to spend your valor (only possible one way: via dailies).

Anyway, yeah I've pretty much said what I needed to say here, I'm talking in circles at this point. >.<

Deleted
    "I think wow is gonna die"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manniefaces View Post
    Only 9.6 million, obviously WoW is dead. (HEAVY SARCASM)
    and mostly loses in china, who do not have the xpac. Its only around 100k in western hemisphere, now 5.2 is waiting....whatever, still does better than every other game

and btw: I would love to see some more retards leave again...but they won't play others games, because they still enjoy WoW, the game they flame so hard
    Last edited by mmoc50a729cd06; 2013-02-15 at 08:38 AM.

15+ Year Old Account

So if I'm geared enough to earn valor, shouldn't I just earn it by logging into the game? Why should I have earn when I've already had to gear enough to enable my ability to earn it? Like everything in the game you have to play the game in order to get things in the game. You aren't just handed Valor for hitting level 90, you have to actually earn it. Why shouldn't you have to earn the ability to spend the valor? Its not like a weeks time is that much effort.

You haven't provide a good reason for why you shouldn't have to earn other then because I said so. I have to earn Blood spirits by defeat raid bosses just to craft the pattern I got from the raid. I can't just start crafting things just because I've already earned the pattern. There are plenty of things in WoW that require you to earn more then one thing to make the most use of one of those things.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    My problem is not with the rep requirement as much as dailies being the only means to earn rep after a certain rep threshold, in an expansion that was advertised as offering "options" in regards to valor grinds. MoP does offer options, but after you earn the rep necessary to spend your valor (only possible one way: via dailies).

Anyway, yeah I've pretty much said what I needed to say here, I'm talking in circles at this point. >.<
    Dailies is better than killing thousands of mobs for a low drop rate to do turn ins.

15+ Year Old Account

What part of the advertised, multiple ways to earn valor, isn't true? You are confusing two issues. Ability to spend Valor and ability to earn valor. You have a habit of ignoring how other systems function exactly like the flaws you state exist with Dailies. Despite your words about it being about spending Valor it still sounds like it is about gaining rep only through dailies.

How else would you want to gain rep? Through chain running a dungeon? Farming trash in a raid? Grinding mobs for turn ins? All are equally repetitive and boring. Items for valor being locked behind reputation is not a new concept that MoP introduced either, so it can't exactly be a problem attributed to MoP.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2013-02-15 at 08:44 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Rhorle I can't really say anything more to you than I've already said, lol.

Dailies is better than killing thousands of mobs for a low drop rate to do turn ins.
    I was thinking something more along the lines of involving group play. Could be via LFR/dungeons/scenarios or maybe something like...faction defense? Grouping up with other players to defend a reputation faction's hub...could also "boss" or rotating set of mini-bosses involved that could be defeated each day along with the waves of npc mobs that attack the hub, requires semi coordinated play between 5-10 players. Dunno, just an idea.

You could even offer a rep lockout timer after you defeat the mob waves/mini-boss waves so a player could only earn rep at the same rate as the dailies, if Blizzard was concerned about balancing the rep grind options.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking something more along the lines of involving group play. Could be via LFR/dungeons/scenarios or maybe something like...faction defense? Grouping up with other players to defend a reputation faction's hub...could also "boss" or rotating set of mini-bosses involved that could be defeated each day along with the waves of npc mobs that attack the hub, requires semi coordinated play between 5-10 players. Dunno, just an idea.
    But how would that be any different then dailies at faction hubs that rotate each day? Eventually you'd do all of the rotating sets and just be faced with the same content over and over again. All you are doing is changing the type of content the daily is and not removing the daily from the equation.

10+ Year Old Account

You could even offer a rep lockout timer after you defeat the mob waves/mini-boss waves so a player could only earn rep at the same rate as the dailies, if Blizzard was concerned about balancing the rep grind options.
    Didn't they do this in Silithus and it bombed completely?

Didn't they do this in Silithus and it bombed completely?
    That was pvp play and it was resource-based, I'm talking about scripted waves of npcs and a mini boss encounter. This literally just popped into my head though so I haven't fleshed everything out.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was pvp play and it was resource-based, I'm talking about scripted waves of npcs and a mini boss encounter. This literally just popped into my head though so I haven't fleshed everything out.
    There were also bosses for solo and group play unrelated to PvP resource gathering.

There were also bosses for solo and group play unrelated to PvP resource gathering.
    Really? o.O I started in 2.1 patch so hell if I know. Anyways, it was just an idea...I don't think it would go over too badly if tuned correctly, could include an npc you talk to in order to start the encounter or something. Who knows though.

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 01:08 AM ----------

Btw my other idea was equally bad, it involved pvp dailies and having the option to earn either valor or conquest per turn-in :P Although I WANT MORE PVP DAILIES...that earn something other than gold, that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? o.O I started in 2.1 patch so hell if I know. Anyways, it was just an idea...I don't think it would go over too badly if tuned correctly, could include an npc you talk to in order to start the encounter or something. Who knows though.

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 01:08 AM ----------

Btw my other idea was equally bad, it involved pvp dailies and having the option to earn either valor or conquest per turn-in :P Although I WANT MORE PVP DAILIES...that earn something other than gold, that is.
    The Scourge Invasion was really good. IIRC, necropoli spawned in random zones across both continents.

500k subs is a huge financial hit no matter what you people say . That's about 8 million / mo in revenue plus the loss of whatever each account on average spends in the blizz store for things like pets and transfers and such ...probably maybe 10million /mo with all things added ...that's a lot of jobs I would say that have to be axed to make up for it .

Blizz you want to keep subs up ? Make the game more accessible to casuals not hardcore players ...they only make a small % of this game and keep pumping out content .. no new content since September is ridiculous when they have this many subs ..no excuse they need to hire more devs and get the content moving if they want to keep the sub numbers as high as they are .
    Last edited by Elite Peon; 2013-02-15 at 10:46 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    Blizz you want to keep subs up ? Make the game more accessible to casuals not hardcore players ...they only make a small % of this game and keep pumping out content .. no new content since September is ridiculous when they have this many subs ..no excuse they need to hire more devs and get the content moving if they want to keep the sub numbers as high as they are .
    The game is as accessible as ever for casuals and has had new content since September. I think its time you rewrite your generic WoW angst complaint instead of just switching out the Months.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2013-02-15 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    and mostly loses in china, who do not have the xpac.
    China got MoP one week after the rest of the world did.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I think that when they will finish the their film, the number of players will be increased, no doubt