Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ...
18
26
27
28
29
30
38
... LastLast
  1. #541
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodeus View Post
    But then again if you played alot you were exhalted or close to it anyway from baron runs with friends :P
    And it still took a lot longer than it ever did to get exalted in MoP.

  2. #542
    Since when did the subscription number is the number that the "investors" care the most about? o.O

  3. #543
    They didnt drop as much as I expected.

  4. #544
    Herald of the Titans Pancaspe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,671
    It is so hilarious to watch the pathetic predictions, or should I say pleading, of The Haters.

    WOW has AT LEAST 20 Years left.

    That is a long time to hate.

  5. #545
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    A lot of people eat McDonalds every day does that make it good food?
    Doesn't make it good food... but I don't see McDonalds going out of business any time soon, either?

  6. #546
    Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    Personally, I don't have issues with rep grinds themselves, I understand they are part of the game and have always been part of the game... I do, however, have an issue with how they were dealt with in this expansion. Shoving copious amounts of dailies down the players' throats was a god-awful, lazy, non-innovative, and overall bad decision made by Blizzard as a whole, which is shown by the massive loss in subscription numbers.
    And it was better to have us grind away at specific dungeons only in TBC or any dungeon in LK/Cata? I am certain there are similar numbers of people who do not like spamming dungeons as there are those who do not like doing dailies. I understand the change. I do not mind the change I wish they went for a balanced approach. I offered a suggestion of a total of 10% rep a day weather you grind mobs, do quests, PvP, run dungeons, or scenarios. That way you have multiple choices and you can only gain a certain amount per day no matter what you do.

  7. #547
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    [*]Diablo III was the #1 best-selling PC game at retail, breaking PC-game sales records with more than 12 million copies sold worldwide through December 31, 2012.
    How can the worst game ever made be the best selling also? Just goes to show if Blizard puts their name on a pile of poo it will sell.

  8. #548
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    To be honest, we're at the point in a content patch where there is really fuck all to do apart from logging in thrice a week to raid. For people who don't raid, I really don't think there is enough to do to justify a sub.
    ^ This is basically it
    Bane

  9. #549
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    It is so hilarious to watch the pathetic predictions, or should I say pleading, of The Haters.

    WOW has AT LEAST 20 Years left.

    That is a long time to hate.
    I completely agree it is hilarious to watch people's predictions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    WOW has sold over 30 million copies, that means there are 21 million ex-WOW players out there. It is not "mad" to think 6 million of that 21 will come back for MOP. That does not even consider new players that Pandas and Pet Battles might attract. Finally, maybe, just maybe, MOP will be popular in China.

    How "Mad" do I look now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Oh boy, when MOP goes over 15 mil subs, you may have to avoid the Internet

  10. #550
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    So its lost a few subs, big freakin deal. Its still one of the biggest played MMORPG out there, and all other mmo's still can't compare to it.
    I play games because they are fun not because they have the largest amount of subs. I would play an MMO that only had 100 people if it was fun. No players care how many subs the game has. A MMO will have a healthy population with only 100k players.

  11. #551
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    The basis of progression is based on those bonus rolls. PPL are not stupid.
    In your case and maybe top end raiders in a race. 16/16H this last week finally and many of us never bothered with rep or dailies. Again, it is optional and not required. It is also a bonus chance at loot and people should be expected to put in a bit of time or effort to receive it.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 01:44 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Spammeister View Post
    9.6 million subs...which may include people who don't play anymore in the last 3 months. It's the biggest possible spin number that Blizzaro could come up with without outright lying. How many D3 games were selling at the high price of 15$?

    Let's go back to the 2 or 3 million from way back in 2005. It doesn't change the way I play or who I play with.
    Which could also include many people who have signed up since then as well. Your argument works both ways. Regardless of price, it still sold 12M copies.

  12. #552
    500k drop is alot , especially when its in us or eu... in asia wow is alot alot alot cheaper and the majority of the playerbase is there so overall us and eu pay for the most part... not saying the game is dieing but 500k players gone is a huge huge huge loss in money... also its expected.. look how long people have beenraiding this tier, ofc all the good players have done their heroics and are now just tierd of repeating content

  13. #553
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Ok, if you want to cling the your "its numbers" fallacy, can you explain how the game grew by 6 millions in vanilla, then by 4 millions in TBC and only to grew by 2 millions in WolTK only to stagnate there until its started degrading in Cataclysm?

    If WolTK was so great, it would had grown more than during Vanilla and TBC no?
    Take your logic out of these forums.

  14. #554
    It's obviously declining, but by no means is it dying, nor is it dead. This should be fairly obvious.

  15. #555
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Even if that prepaid time is 1hr for the 3 month quarter.
    Yes. Monthly subs are still counted even if their time ran out on 12am Jan. 1, 2013.

  16. #556
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,990
    Quote Originally Posted by SunbakedDuck View Post
    500k drop is alot , especially when its in us or eu... in asia wow is alot alot alot cheaper and the majority of the playerbase is there so overall us and eu pay for the most part... not saying the game is dieing but 500k players gone is a huge huge huge loss in money... also its expected.. look how long people have beenraiding this tier, ofc all the good players have done their heroics and are now just tierd of repeating content
    Stop exaggerating. blizzard lost a couple of million players over the last few years due to many reasons, its still the strongest mmo out there.

    Though I do think they should rethink the daily for rep only option.

  17. #557
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    So its lost a few subs, big freakin deal. Its still one of the biggest played MMORPG out there, and all other mmo's still can't compare to it.

    Those saying the games dying from this have been saying the same thing at any chance they can, just like end of the world doomsayers.

    However, I can speculate several reasons why people quit, mists making the game to grindy, people quitting because they don't feel like special snowflakes, quitting because of the theme. Its the same old stuff.
    Except they were pretty much all in China.

  18. #558
    Legendary! Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    6,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Stop exaggerating. blizzard lost a couple of million players over the last few years due to many reasons, its still the strongest mmo out there.

    Though I do think they should rethink the daily for rep only option.
    They're addressing that issue in 5.2.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

    Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

  19. #559
    Quote Originally Posted by chipwood View Post
    Doesn't make it good food... but I don't see McDonalds going out of business any time soon, either?
    Nope. I would really love to know why people have so much vitriol for this game and want to see bad things happen to it? It is just a freaking game. Let it go.

  20. #560
    Hahaha at least I know I will be reading the "wow is dead!!1111oneone!" posts for many years... lets say WoW loses 3M a year (which I highly doubt), we still got 3 years to read those posts

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •