Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stouthaggis View Post
    I read your reply about 30 times and I still haven't a fucking clue what you are on about. I will put it down to your point being lost in translation and will leave it at that.
    That's okay. I'm german and I studied that kind of stuff. So that's already 2 possible reasons why you may not understand it. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    Oh god, so true. Thanks for posting that.
    BAD WOLF

Stood in the Fire
    We'll probably see some changes due to the sub numbers for two reasons. One, Mike mentioned that most of the subs lost were from China, and Pandalia was intended to interest and attract them. Two, Oct-Dec is usually the peak quarter due to the holidays, while Apr-Jun is the low point because of summer vacation. It will decline a little more at that point.

But Blizzard is one of the worst at over-reacting to shifts in the player base, and one of the best at small corrections to appease customers. They'll make some changes, fix a few of the most offensive parts, and the bleeding will slow for a while. They might even gain some subs next fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    500k is huge, especially considering the 10 million number is hugely inflated. The 500k loss has to be in Europe/US, so a big deal.
    Bingo! ^

It's a bigger deal than most would think so shortly after the expansion release.

They still have a money maker, the game is still doing well but I doubt it is as on track as they hoped it would be at this point.
    Last edited by quras; 2013-02-08 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stouthaggis View Post
    WoW, on the other hand, is plagued with butthurt ex-subscribers who are so utterly anxious for Blizzard's world to burn that it has driven them nuts!
    That is called playing the man and not the ball. Why don't you try and discuss the points instead of hurling insults.

I have characters on Medivh (my 7 year server) and it's a ghost town. Horde side has like 100 active players and Alliance has maybe a few hundred considering the difficulty of getting a simple sha group together or an every day raid for old/new raids.

9.6 million active players? I seriously doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Funny because wrath never took a sub hit. The subs did not start dropping until cata released and it sold over 3million copy's at its release.

At the start of MOP "not counting release" MOP has already lost 400k subs there is a good chance now that threw the rest of mops life it will lose more subs.

Personally I feel wow will have 8 million or less subs at the end of MOP if it keeps up this rate it will be a lot more.

What I find funny is that people where blaming the sub drops at the end of CATA due to no new content for so long and yet this early in MOP's life when there is a decent amount of content and just recently released raids there is 50% drop to what cata had in 4.3

People can over look it if they want but WOW has finally reached that point where they milked the MMORPG market and people are leaving.

Now will WOW die I personally say no but it will get to a point "and it started in CATA" that where will lose subs until it lowers to a base number and sits around it for quite some time.

"Before anymore comments about WOTLK WOTLK had the most high sub count in WOW history and even with ICC being out a year still got 500k subs at the end of it"

The Difference in WOW then and NOW with subs is that any sub that left back then 2 took its place and now for every sub that mite come in 2 are leaving.

To be clear once more there was no noticeable SUB lose in WOTLK it started with CATA.

Don't believe me google the sub reports and see for yourself.
    This is just all wrong.

You're the one who needs to read sub reports. Also, if you want people to take you seriously, learn to spell and use grammar.
    Last edited by MuteTV; 2013-02-08 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    I have characters on Medivh (my 7 year server) and it's a ghost town. Horde side has like 100 active players and Alliance has maybe a few hundred considering the difficulty of getting a simple sha group together or an every day raid for old/new raids.

Since you have no way of knowing who is or isn't playing on your server, your view of "maybe a few hundred players" could very easily be 1,000 players.

I mean, do I really need to go further than your pugging a Sha group? Get a Guild and watch your problems disappear.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post

You're free to look up how Blizzard counts their subscribers. Same as it has always been.
    Active players or not, as long as they are able to log in and play they count as an active sub.

What you'd want to know is total gametime, and no one here can possibly know that. Well you could use Xfire if you're desperate. Though its sampling doesn't really say anything.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2013-02-08 at 02:49 PM.
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

One year, 62kg/136lb lost. Only a little bit left...

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    You really went as far as creating an account to bash the game? Guess you work for the competition?

Learn to read. Just for your benefit I think WOW has no competition strong enough to take it on at this time also I think its the best MMO out there. Putting my views across on what I think is wrong with the game in relation to subs lost.
    Last edited by BIOWarfare; 2013-02-08 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BIOWarfare View Post

Learn to read.
    Perhaps he looked at username and post count.
    Besides, your earlier post was nothing but a flashback to MoP announcement complaints about Kung Fu Pandas and "dumbed down" systems.
    But it's true! You can't really f--k up in the new talent system. And why is that a bad thing? Because "doing it correctly" before was nothing but copying someone elses mathematically calculated "generally best" spec and forgetting it. Where's the skill in that? Atleast the new system lets you change talents to adapt to encounters, something you sure couldn't earlier, unless you think changing one talent to something else counted as adapting. Though of course, no one ever did.

Watch heroic raiders switch talents and sometimes glyph before an encounter, it's sweet. This is what the system should've been.
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

One year, 62kg/136lb lost. Only a little bit left...

I swap talents on most bosses but wish there were more choices.

The Patient
    I don't understand why it's a surprise, WoW is still hugely popular but it's old and that's why population is slowly declining. They've already made so much money off WoW, it still has a huge player base, there is no disaster here.

We can't possibly expect WoW to keep climbing the charts after almost 8 years, it's just never going to happen with a video game, especially not after the traumatic Cataclysm experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ijanaak View Post
    Oh and "10 mans are what everyone wants to do" ... don't forget that lie.
    I never said that but 10's being more popular than 25 is proven by the playerbase itself. While 25man raiders will refuse to accept this, the data is there. Who wants to waste time over and over recruiting players when you can set things up faster with 10.

9.6 million subscribers is still well over a billion dollars per year in subscription fees alone. If you think this dip heralds the end of WoW, you might need to see a doctor.

I feel the damage will be tripled at the next quarter, if patch 5.2 will turn out to be a dissapointment. This quarter had the luck that MoP is still fresh, it was the same thing as with Cataclysm.

As long as there are 120k players on my server with content coming out regularly, then I'm okay with whatever else happens. However, I want sub numbers to decline in order to allow for more competition into the MMO marketplace and force WoW to compete with the next few up-and-coming MMO's. I likely wouldn't leave WoW for another game, but I'd still like to see an incentive to make their game better. And release more PvP content during the middle of an expansion
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Yay. An end of the market stranglehold is on the horizon. Good news.
    I don't get it. People can claim all day that they can't wait to see the collapse of Blizzard and see the end to their monopoly of the MMO industry, yet clearly the spell hasn't been broken when these same people continue to frequent websites such as MMO-Champion or WoWHead, and Curse reading news about what is in the works with Blizzard.

If any of these kinds of posters were actually genuine, we'd never see any of their posts, because they'd have severed their ties with the game they so claim to dislike. If your excuse is that you love these communities, then why would you rant and rave for the fall of the company that makes these websites viable? Without WoW, I highly doubt that many WoW fansites would have the user traffic to generate enough money to keep these communities up and running.

The WoW user base has always been extremely paradoxical but it's beginning to get to the point of ridiculousness. Either play the game or don't, but don't contradict yourself by playing the game that you bad mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    So what? A decline is a decline, WoW's "golden age" is long over, the game is going to keep losing players, will you still be using that defense when it's down to 3 million players?

True, but whats the point you take out of this?
    Nothing really, it's ignorant to assume that a reduce of 500k subs on a total of 10 million, which is like 10 to 20 times more than any other MMO out there, is a decline as much as doomthinkers/sayers suppose it is.
    If wow's golden age is 'long over' as you state it, it's pretty impressive to still have a 9,5 million sub playerbase.

And yes, it's valid to still use that argument when subs go down to 3 mill. It remains a valid argument as long as there are not any mainstream MMO's out there that have more subs.

Haters will always hate
    Pessimists will always be negative
    Lemmings are to stupid to think for themself and just run of the cliff because another did so too.

Every of the 3 mentioned above will use this opportunity to spam and rage their inconvenience about a game they should have quit when they got full of it, but kept playing because they have no life to fall back too.

But yeah, obviously WoW is going to die now, as much as it did when SWTOR/RIFT/random MMO here came out........
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    I don't celebrate National Native Americans Welcomed Us With Open Arms and Helped Us Survive the First Winter That We Were Woefully Unprepared For and We Repaid Them By Taking Their Lands, Raping Their Women and Murdering Them Day....
    Several Indian tribes see this holiday as the beginning of a process by which they tragically lost their land, and their population was decimated. Every year Indians come together in Plymouth to commemorate their "national day of mourning."

World of Warcraft is doing better then it did a year ago in cata.
    That for me is enough for me to say that is going great.
    Allthough i do fear it will go downhill again due the long bad reputation of cata and people hating on pet battles and pandas.

But this isnt just WoW, the MMORPG is dying, WoW got people to intrest in them but now WoW is dying i dont see any other MMORPG repalcing him, i think when WoW falls over the years, i think the whole MMORPG thing will go down aswell, just look at SWTOR nobody cared even to play for over 2 months.

GW2 isnt doing bad but not near a WoW killer, and probably will stop getting subs.

lets hope next xpac is really badass like sargeras and people will be excited and join and wow gets to 12mill subs again :3 Depends on how much pandaria will lead to, if it stays around 9M then its possible, if it goes to below 8M then it wont ever be back at 12M ever..