Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    You really went as far as creating an account to bash the game? Guess you work for the competition?

Learn to read. Just for your benefit I think WOW has no competition strong enough to take it on at this time also I think its the best MMO out there. Putting my views across on what I think is wrong with the game in relation to subs lost.
    Last edited by mmoc87644b5262; 2013-02-08 at 02:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by BIOWarfare View Post

Learn to read.
    Perhaps he looked at username and post count.
    Besides, your earlier post was nothing but a flashback to MoP announcement complaints about Kung Fu Pandas and "dumbed down" systems.
    But it's true! You can't really f--k up in the new talent system. And why is that a bad thing? Because "doing it correctly" before was nothing but copying someone elses mathematically calculated "generally best" spec and forgetting it. Where's the skill in that? Atleast the new system lets you change talents to adapt to encounters, something you sure couldn't earlier, unless you think changing one talent to something else counted as adapting. Though of course, no one ever did.

Watch heroic raiders switch talents and sometimes glyph before an encounter, it's sweet. This is what the system should've been.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    I swap talents on most bosses but wish there were more choices.

I don't understand why it's a surprise, WoW is still hugely popular but it's old and that's why population is slowly declining. They've already made so much money off WoW, it still has a huge player base, there is no disaster here.

We can't possibly expect WoW to keep climbing the charts after almost 8 years, it's just never going to happen with a video game, especially not after the traumatic Cataclysm experience.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ijanaak View Post
    Oh and "10 mans are what everyone wants to do" ... don't forget that lie.
    I never said that but 10's being more popular than 25 is proven by the playerbase itself. While 25man raiders will refuse to accept this, the data is there. Who wants to waste time over and over recruiting players when you can set things up faster with 10.

10+ Year Old Account
    9.6 million subscribers is still well over a billion dollars per year in subscription fees alone. If you think this dip heralds the end of WoW, you might need to see a doctor.

I feel the damage will be tripled at the next quarter, if patch 5.2 will turn out to be a dissapointment. This quarter had the luck that MoP is still fresh, it was the same thing as with Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as there are 120k players on my server with content coming out regularly, then I'm okay with whatever else happens. However, I want sub numbers to decline in order to allow for more competition into the MMO marketplace and force WoW to compete with the next few up-and-coming MMO's. I likely wouldn't leave WoW for another game, but I'd still like to see an incentive to make their game better. And release more PvP content during the middle of an expansion
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Yay. An end of the market stranglehold is on the horizon. Good news.
    I don't get it. People can claim all day that they can't wait to see the collapse of Blizzard and see the end to their monopoly of the MMO industry, yet clearly the spell hasn't been broken when these same people continue to frequent websites such as MMO-Champion or WoWHead, and Curse reading news about what is in the works with Blizzard.

If any of these kinds of posters were actually genuine, we'd never see any of their posts, because they'd have severed their ties with the game they so claim to dislike. If your excuse is that you love these communities, then why would you rant and rave for the fall of the company that makes these websites viable? Without WoW, I highly doubt that many WoW fansites would have the user traffic to generate enough money to keep these communities up and running.

The WoW user base has always been extremely paradoxical but it's beginning to get to the point of ridiculousness. Either play the game or don't, but don't contradict yourself by playing the game that you bad mouth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    So what? A decline is a decline, WoW's "golden age" is long over, the game is going to keep losing players, will you still be using that defense when it's down to 3 million players?

True, but whats the point you take out of this?
    Nothing really, it's ignorant to assume that a reduce of 500k subs on a total of 10 million, which is like 10 to 20 times more than any other MMO out there, is a decline as much as doomthinkers/sayers suppose it is.
    If wow's golden age is 'long over' as you state it, it's pretty impressive to still have a 9,5 million sub playerbase.

And yes, it's valid to still use that argument when subs go down to 3 mill. It remains a valid argument as long as there are not any mainstream MMO's out there that have more subs.

Haters will always hate
    Pessimists will always be negative
    Lemmings are to stupid to think for themself and just run of the cliff because another did so too.

Every of the 3 mentioned above will use this opportunity to spam and rage their inconvenience about a game they should have quit when they got full of it, but kept playing because they have no life to fall back too.

But yeah, obviously WoW is going to die now, as much as it did when SWTOR/RIFT/random MMO here came out........

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft is doing better then it did a year ago in cata.
    That for me is enough for me to say that is going great.
    Allthough i do fear it will go downhill again due the long bad reputation of cata and people hating on pet battles and pandas.

But this isnt just WoW, the MMORPG is dying, WoW got people to intrest in them but now WoW is dying i dont see any other MMORPG repalcing him, i think when WoW falls over the years, i think the whole MMORPG thing will go down aswell, just look at SWTOR nobody cared even to play for over 2 months.

GW2 isnt doing bad but not near a WoW killer, and probably will stop getting subs.

lets hope next xpac is really badass like sargeras and people will be excited and join and wow gets to 12mill subs again :3 Depends on how much pandaria will lead to, if it stays around 9M then its possible, if it goes to below 8M then it wont ever be back at 12M ever..

Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    9.6 million subscribers is still well over a billion dollars per year in subscription fees alone. If you think this dip heralds the end of WoW, you might need to see a doctor.
    How can anyone still not know that all 9.6 million do not pay $15 a month?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sersel View Post
    Haters will always hate
    Pessimists will always be negative
    Lemmings are to stupid to think for themself and just run of the cliff because another did so too.
    You forgot "investors". The ones getting a heart-attack by looking at a graph shaped like this: http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-1.png

WoW is on a steady decline since the release of Cataclysm and everything Blizzard has done so far to stop or revert the trend has failed.

By the way, that's just stating the facts. I couldn't care less about the petty squabbles of fanboys and haters.

Edit: Well I lied, I do care. I find reading those squabbles highly amusing.
    Last edited by mmocb1848b600a; 2013-02-08 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burks View Post
    I don't get it. People can claim all day that they can't wait to see the collapse of Blizzard and see the end to their monopoly of the MMO industry, yet clearly the spell hasn't been broken when these same people continue to frequent websites such as MMO-Champion or WoWHead, and Curse reading news about what is in the works with Blizzard.

If any of these kinds of posters were actually genuine, we'd never see any of their posts, because they'd have severed their ties with the game they so claim to dislike. If your excuse is that you love these communities, then why would you rant and rave for the fall of the company that makes these websites viable? Without WoW, I highly doubt that many WoW fansites would have the user traffic to generate enough money to keep these communities up and running.

The WoW user base has always been extremely paradoxical but it's beginning to get to the point of ridiculousness. Either play the game or don't, but don't contradict yourself by playing the game that you bad mouth.
    You do know that there is a GW2 (and others) subforum on mmo-champion, don't you? I spend more time on guildwars2guru.com but do pop into the GW2 section here too. News for all games (more often WOW) appears on the front page here so it's difficult to miss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    How can anyone still not know that all 9.6 million do not pay $15 a month?
    True, but the average worldwide seems to be 9 dollars a month. Thats still a 85 million a month just for subs. No Vanity or extra commercial products included.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed a pretty extreme dropoff in the number of active players on my server. Major cities are ghost towns even at peak hours, quest hubs are empty, arena queue times have gone from instant to 2 min+, there's hardly any competition on the AH or for gathering nodes except from bots/gold farmers, Sha is up for days at a time rather than minutes, etc. If people are still playing, they're doing a damn good job of hiding.

I still have a subscription, but my account is canceled (3 month sub) -- wonder if they count myself and other people like that in their 9.6 million number.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Since you have no way of knowing who is or isn't playing on your server, your view of "maybe a few hundred players" could very easily be 1,000 players.

I mean, do I really need to go further than your pugging a Sha group? Get a Guild and watch your problems disappear.
    So even if it is 1000 players, how do you get from that to 9, 600, 000, even when adding all the other servers.

And what the hell is "do I really need to go futher than your pugging a sha group" supposed to mean? You're saying sha is hard or something?

I used to form 25 man pugs raids in WOTLK in 20 minutes or less and clear up to Sindragosa before nerf and up to Mimiron before nerf.

Don't you understand that even guilds are dead on my server? Once upon a time we were the first to open AQ gates, now people struggle to get someone with epic paterns to craft them gear.

"Watch my problem dissapear"...are you that conceited?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Bingo! ^

It's a bigger deal than most would think so shortly after the expansion release.

They still have a money maker, the game is still doing well but I doubt it is as on track as they hoped it would be at this point.
    Or you both could read the thread and liten to the conf call and realize you're dead wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondroc View Post
    Yup, because it's true. You say that 9.6 million is a game dying.. What does that say for every other mmo out there? Already dead? Or is it purely on how fast you're going down not total numbers? Or are you just scewing things so you have an arguement? Hmm?
    To be fair those other games are just as good or better. We're all just stuck on wow because it's been around so long and provides the same type of entertainment. sometimes better sometimes worse.

Imo rift is better, pvp gw2 blows wow away, potential TOR has a lot. but there's a lot of history, nostalgia, friends, etc on wow that keeps us going. i've quit several times and played all of the other games. i just don't stay with them because i can always do wow. If wow dies i think it'll be a boon or a swoon for the entire mmo industry. either we'll all migrate to the other games or quit mmos altogether.

Those other games are alive, and wow is alive. sub numbers don't mean much unless america and europe see the majority of the drop off. China and korea don't count for us because they're different and difficult to communicate or enjoy the game with.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a decline, not dying. Games can't die because they don't live. The day people stop playing it completely is the day they shut down the servers. Or the individual dies. Either or.