Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    To be fair those other games are just as good or better. We're all just stuck on wow because it's been around so long and provides the same type of entertainment. sometimes better sometimes worse.

Imo rift is better, pvp gw2 blows wow away, potential TOR has a lot. but there's a lot of history, nostalgia, friends, etc on wow that keeps us going. i've quit several times and played all of the other games. i just don't stay with them because i can always do wow. If wow dies i think it'll be a boon or a swoon for the entire mmo industry. either we'll all migrate to the other games or quit mmos altogether.

Those other games are alive, and wow is alive. sub numbers don't mean much unless america and europe see the majority of the drop off. China and korea don't count for us because they're different and difficult to communicate or enjoy the game with.
    Rift is very repetitive, pvp is horribly broken and the grind is an extreme waste of time to keep people subbed longer. Plus their CEO quit and they fired a bunch of lead developers a few weeks ago. No other competitor has more than a million subs right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    I have characters on Medivh (my 7 year server) and it's a ghost town. Horde side has like 100 active players and Alliance has maybe a few hundred considering the difficulty of getting a simple sha group together or an every day raid for old/new raids.

9.6 million active players? I seriously doubt it.
    Can relate to that, tried MOP trial and visited my old server (alliance) which had top world guild progress during TBC and WOTLK, numerous 25 guilds, Ironforge was packed at any hour.

Today? Not one (1) alliance guild is ranked at wowprogress, which lists 289 guilds who have killed at least 1 raid boss in this expansion. It's not just dead in a sense of small population. It literally is dead, with only CRZ people occupating old cities.

Deleted
    Well, okay

What effect does this have on me? oh, none at all? okay

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    You forgot "investors". The ones getting a heart-attack by looking at a graph shaped like this: http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-1.png

WoW is on a steady decline since the release of Cataclysm and everything Blizzard has done so far to stop or revert the trend has failed.

By the way, that's just stating the facts. I couldn't care less about the petty squabbles of fanboys and haters.
    You assuming im a fanboi is fail if i understand you correct. Facts are that the number of WoW subs are so high that most likely no MMO will ever get near to it.
    If you're talking about investors that getting a heart attack for a decline in 1 product over the complete blizzard line, even a expected decline (yeah any well thinking investor will have the brain and knowledge to see that this product has gone waaaaaaay over his top and its impossible to maintain), I think your seriously missing the way of thinking of a decent and realistic investor.

Trust me, no skilled investor would assume that their investments keep increasing endless in value on a 'product' like this.
    Besides they don't invest in WoW, they invest in Blizzard and/or Activision, as long as Blizz' their revenues are good in relation to economical developments and/or comparing products or companies, no investor will die of a heart attack.
    Last edited by mmoc128e560295; 2013-02-08 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Rift is very repetitive, pvp is horribly broken and the grind is an extreme waste of time to keep people subbed longer. Plus their CEO quit and they fired a bunch of lead developers a few weeks ago. No other competitor has more than a million subs right now.
    Perhaps you should get your facts straight.

WoW's biggest problem right now is dealing with the dead servers. My server went from a medium sized population, but fairly active at the end of Wrath to an absolute ghost town where even putting together a Sha pug can take over an hour, if you can even make it happen. I'm pretty sure we don't have enough skilled players left on the server to ever put together an Oondasta kill once 5.2 hits, which all adds up to a game that is becoming increasingly less enjoyable. For those of us not willing to give Blizzard transfer fees, it'll come down to the choice of how long I keep playing, not where to move. Most of my guild feels the same way as those who are willing to transfer from our server have likely already done so. If Blizzard doesn't address this soon, a lot of servers will bleed out and they'll see a more major sub loss. WoW isn't on it's death bed, but the situation could spin out of control on Blizzard faster than they realize if they don't make it a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Or you both could read the thread and liten to the conf call and realize you're dead wrong.
    Or you could be open to the fact that half a million people left a game and while the game is still doing quite well, it's not something blizzard would like to continue happening which sadly at this point seems like it will.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Or you could be open to the fact that half a million people left a game and while the game is still doing quite well, it's not something blizzard would like to continue happening which sadly at this point seems like it will.
    ITT: People scapegoating their personal complaints about particular features as the undisputed cause of a mostly insignificant subscription drop.

So, an 8 year old game is no longer increasing its player base. Wow, what a shocker. Still funny to see all the 'wow is dying' idiots.

Im one of those 500k, got bored of my main, alts in mop are horrible, so im off wow for awhile. Eventually ill be back, but gw2's got me hooked again right now

Deleted
    Subs going up again with new content in 5.2 like it allways was....9.6 million subs...theres not one game out there who had ever this amount of subs.....

You guys do realize that even at these numbers they are still making 1.7 billion dollars a year off subs alone. Not to mention the other services such as transfers, name changes and store pets.

-1 more!

After 8+ years...I unsubbed yesterday.
    I had hopes 5.2 would improve the aspect of the game that kept me around so long...my alts. From everything I've seen and read...it's going to be just more of the same. Been a good run though!

Deleted
    I don't really care. As long as the game is entertaining to me i will keep playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Il still be playing till im the last person online.

Imagine that,your the only player left in World Of Warcraft,how eerie would that be,specially when you see someone or something zoom past your vision and you race to see who it was or what it was,ghosts in the machine son! Holy sheet!

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 05:10 PM ----------

Nelrock - Today
    -1 more!

After 8+ years...I unsubbed yesterday.
    I had hopes 5.2 would improve the aspect of the game that kept me around so long...my alts. From everything I've seen and read...it's going to be just more of the same. Been a good run though!
    MORE OF THE SAME! MORE OF THE SAMEEEE!

Are you mad? For one everything you read is not final its only in PTR so thats 1+ dumb point to you.

AND HOW CAN YOU NOT BE EXCITED ABOUT RIDING A FRICKING TRICERATOPS!!!

Maybe its just me but i think you should do a little less reading and more time playing. Me thinks you have made a huge mistake (in gaming terms not real life terms ofc)
    Last edited by Wayne25uk; 2013-02-08 at 05:12 PM.

Deleted
    Well after all blizz have to ban some botz

Deleted
    i could not think that day when WoW is REALY dead.. I mean, its a pioneer of whole mmorpg games. First of its kind and no other game cant beat it... ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Well after all blizz have to ban some botz
    True words, but this was from Decemeber 31st, so those didn't count.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    China will never quit, being the majority of WoW player base will always make it look popular. What do you expect from no sub & free expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crsh1976 View Post
    I don't understand why it's a surprise, WoW is still hugely popular but it's old and that's why population is slowly declining. They've already made so much money off WoW, it still has a huge player base, there is no disaster here.

We can't possibly expect WoW to keep climbing the charts after almost 8 years, it's just never going to happen with a video game, especially not after the traumatic Cataclysm experience.
    But as you see, anything negative the haters will jump on it like it is christmas morning or candy. There nothing you can really do about it, just let them look like idiots and move on is the best advice I can give. This a WoW fansite its not surprising that people just outta the shadows to through around some words. As Karma will take its tole in the future & it will be funny.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.