Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It is weird the things that get people to quit. For the first time ever I am without a sub for 2 months straight. Sometimes I think maybe I should give it another go, but then I think of the dailies and all enthusiasm I had vanishes. Yes, I quit 2 months ago because of the dailies. Weird that something so insignificant can suck all the fun out of WoW for me....

Quote Originally Posted by towgrunt View Post
    You guys do realize that even at these numbers they are still making 1.7 billion dollars a year off subs alone.
    Have a look at the results. Their revenue (not profit) from all online subscriptions is now $0.99 billion. That includes WOW and COD Elite. Very good results overall and still a solid company but their subscription income has been steadily declining and is down 27% from a year ago. Considering that COD Elite would have made up almost none of the previous years subscription numbers and had over 2 million paying subscribers at some point in 2012 is an indication as to just how much the revenue from WOW subscriptions has declined year on year. Blizzard are definitely moving away from the subscriptions towards a sell model in terms of revenue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    China will never quit, being the majority of WoW player base will always make it look popular. What do you expect from no sub & free expansions.
    They still gotta pay by a service for it all, it isn't just handed to them for free.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 12:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Have a look at the results. Their revenue (not profit) from all online subscriptions is now $0.99 billion. That includes WOW and COD Elite. Very good results overall and still a solid company but their subscription income has been steadily declining and is down 27% from a year ago. Considering that COD Elite would have made up almost none of the previous years subscription numbers and had over 2 million paying subscribers at some point in 2012 is an indication as to just how much the revenue from WOW subscriptions has declined year on year. Blizzard are definitely moving away from the subscriptions towards a sell model in terms of revenue.
    I would love B2P for WoW, but that would cause a shitstorm worse than what we witnessed today & yesterday.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    New skins on player races will change things.

Interesting if game with fresh new expansion still loose players, I wonder what we can expect when Q1 2013 conference call arrive..

I bet it are rogues who are quiting :P

It's a pretty huge number but honestly I don't think spending time over WoW forums complaining about how it's going to keep losing subscribers until it dies. I mean, if you don't like it why do you waste your time on it? Is WoW's ''Golden age'' over? Yep, definitely, does that make it ''worse''? Not in the slightest. People still enjoy it and as long as this is true it does not truly matter for us how many subscribers WoW loses.
    Last edited by Poppasan; 2013-02-08 at 07:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I play rift and mobas now, so let's hope for something!

I love how people post as if only having 9.6 million subs is a bad thing.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 07:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lyxx View Post
    Interesting if game with fresh new expansion still loose players, I wonder what we can expect when Q1 2013 conference call arrive..
    The same unsub, resub cycle we see through the life of every WoW Xpac.

Keep in mind also many people will unsub once the year long contract is over. I am still subbed until the 15th of this month (haven't played in well over 6-8 months) and plan to cancel once I am able. Diablo 3 left a bad taste in my mouth for anything Blizzard related. I really doubt anything Blizzard is going to do with WoW will bring me back. Everything they do now feels like more of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by manniefaces View Post
    The same unsub, resub cycle we see through the life of every WoW Xpac.
    So I take it you ignored the fact in cata there was no sub gain and it keep going downhill the whole time it was out and in MOP now at the start of it there is a sub lost.

in TBC/WOTLK there was always a sub gain in CATA there was no sub gain and in MOP so far the only sub gain that they got was with the release then soon after a 400k drop.

If subs are dropping now there going to keep dropping just due to the simple fact the start of the xpac had a decent amount of content and still couldn't stop the sub bleeding.

Not saying wow is dieing but it is starting to lose subs and it will get to a point where the sub numbers will sit at a base level for awhile.

I think when the bleeding stops subs will be around 7mil.

"also to add I personally feel that people may be getting tired of the P2p setup' With games like GW2/TSW being B2p and many other F2p MMO's coming out or already out its just taking over slowy

Next F2p coming out is Marvel Hero's "MMOARPG" and Neverwinter "D&D style MMORPG*

Along with many others.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-02-08 at 07:40 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    China will never quit, being the majority of WoW player base will always make it look popular. What do you expect from no sub & free expansions.
    Blizzard cant spam " 10 million subscribers!"and include China if China doesnt pay a subscription. They dont count in that # last time i checked. Feel free to link some blue otherwise though.

Quote Originally Posted by bitterbrew View Post
    Blizzard cant spam " 10 million subscribers!"and include China if China doesnt pay a subscription. They dont count in that # last time i checked. Feel free to link some blue otherwise though.
    china pays by the min/hr and yes they do count in the sub count because they are a sub there system is just a lot different then everyone else's.

A paying account is a subbed account china pays by the min or hr.

this has already been proven and said time and time again.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bitterbrew View Post

As you can clearly see, they count WoW East in their total. Unless somehow after they stopped releasing the subdivision, WoW West doubled instantly.

Deleted
    I love how no one in here is saying "wow is dead" - and yet there are so many saying "Too all you "Wow is dead" sayers:" posts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisderp View Post
    I love how no one in here is saying "wow is dead" - and yet there are so many saying "Too all you "Wow is dead" sayers:" posts
    WoW is DEAD!!! - yw. lets think about it though, if it was actually 'dead' that would mean an mmo with say 500k subs would have died roughly 19 times compared to wow its good to see D3 doing well but the subs are realisticly getting a bit jumpy with each quarter but its and improvement to cata's numbers, so maybe it will begin to grow again

Quote Originally Posted by Thenamedosentfi View Post
    WoW is DEAD!!! - yw. lets think about it though, if it was actually 'dead' that would mean an mmo with say 500k subs would have died roughly 19 times compared to wow its good to see D3 doing well but the subs are realisticly getting a bit jumpy with each quarter but its and improvement to cata's numbers, so maybe it will begin to grow again
    Its not a improvement to cata's numbers.

Because at the start of cata there was 12.5mil subs.

Even MOP first Quarter and Cata First Quarter sub drop is nearly the same maybe MOP's is slightly less "can't remember cata's number right off hand"

But like what was said at the start of cata also plays to MOP.

If subs are dropping in Q1 for MOP there will be sub lose or barely any gain for the rest of MOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    IEven MOP first Quarter and Cata First Quarter sub drop is nearly the same maybe MOP's is slightly less "can't remember cata's number right off hand"
    Except Cata didn't release in all markets at the same time.

In Q1 2011, Cata lost net 600K.

But then in Q3 2011, Cata released in China, and China had a net loss around 500K (out of the 800K loss that quarter).

So the post release loss for Cata should be more like 1.1M, not 600K.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Send the nubs to LFR is not quite working ye.... Sadly BLizz has locked so many players out of normal raids based on difficulty thats its total disgrace. And their answer....? NERF the content AFTER 5.2....

Less than 3% of the playerbase have finished NORMAL mode raid content. Thats how badly the game is overtuned and pointless atm.
    Now show me what % of the raiding playerbase has completed normal content.

Not every player raids or even wishes to.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/zones/Ter...g/Sha_of_Fear/

22% success rate on 10 man - 24% success rate on 25.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/zones/Hea...Shek'zeer/

20% success rate on 10 - 30% on 25.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/zones/Mog...f_the_Emperor/

44% success on 10 - 40% on 25, I'm going to suggest a lot more than 3% of the people raiding have completed normal content.

Less than 1% of the player base ever saw naxx 40 as current content, just for a little bit of perspective for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    Now show me what % of the raiding playerbase has completed normal content.

Not every player raids or even wishes to.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/zones/Ter...g/Sha_of_Fear/

22% success rate on 10 man - 24% success rate on 25.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/zones/Hea...Shek'zeer/

20% success rate on 10 - 30% on 25.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/zones/Mog...f_the_Emperor/

44% success on 10 - 40% on 25, I'm going to suggest a lot more than 3% of the people raiding have completed normal content.

Less than 1% of the player base ever saw naxx 40 as current content, just for a little bit of perspective for you.
    You can't compare the kill/wipe of raid bosses with the percent of TOTAL PLAYERS to even step into raids.