Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikanorius View Post
    I think that when they will finish the their film, the number of players will be increased, no doubt
    Only if the film is halfway decent. We'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Really? o.O I started in 2.1 patch so hell if I know.
    The various Windstones in Silithus can be used in conjunction with certain items to summon solo, five, and ten man boss encounters. The reason it was so rarely done is that mats required to summon the raid boss are kind of obscene, so you typically killed it with 20-40 people just to make sure it died and the mats didn't go to waste. Then to appease the hardcore base, the summoned bosses only dropped ONE piece of loot, which then only had about a 20% chance of being an epic item. It was fucking bogus.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Gasp. An 8 year old game with a monthly sub fee still has close to 10 million. I'll focus on the positives, thank you very much. The fact that this game STILL has that many subs is nothing short of amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikanorius View Post
    I think that when they will finish the their film, the number of players will be increased, no doubt
    Even if the movie will be good, the chances are low that this will bring back ex-WoW players. For example i didn't go back to LOTRO after i watched The Hobbit

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    The various Windstones in Silithus can be used in conjunction with certain items to summon solo, five, and ten man boss encounters. The reason it was so rarely done is that mats required to summon the raid boss are kind of obscene, so you typically killed it with 20-40 people just to make sure it died and the mats didn't go to waste. Then to appease the hardcore base, the summoned bosses only dropped ONE piece of loot, which then only had about a 20% chance of being an epic item. It was fucking bogus.
    Just to clarify some bits.

1 man bosses dropped greens and rep items.

5 man bosses dropped level 58 BoE blues that power wise were well above the typical dungeon gear and these were fairly easy to farm up, these were made often atleast on my realm, many in succession

10-40 man bosses, these were mostly ignored for reasons you gave. But clumping them up in single group like that is borderline providing false information.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kazso View Post
    Even if the movie will be good, the chances are low that this will bring back ex-WoW players. For example i didn't go back to LOTRO after i watched The Hobbit
    You can bet though that Blizzard will have some kind of promotion to take advantage of it. I'm not sure if LOTRO had any cause I've never followed that game. It may be in-game it may not be. Also I think it might be different when the movie is a spinoff of the video game, and not the video game is the spin off of the movie/book. You can bet sales of the book Hobbit went up cause of the movie though.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by kazso View Post
    It won't. It wasn't the lack of content that drove players away from MoP.

Ofcourse not, because most games are P2P or F2P
    Nope, it was the fact Cata was crap and their years contract ran out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

About time these pr**ks are overpaid for the lack of effort into WoW the past 2 expansions. The complete and utter disdain that the design team has for certain specs (yes I was a ret paladin, and never happy with the perceived vs ingame role), particularly ele/enhance shaman/ret paladin vs a hybrid like druids, they were never balanced properly. And when long term half decent players tell these idiots what is wrong they just discard it, then half a year later agree that the issues were in fact what they were told 6-12 months prior, just 100% ar*ewipes, who can't admit they f**ked up big time, ALL the time. And mostly it's just so blatent to see as a player who they over or under buff, just astounding that these weasles can't see it, which sort of makes you think, THEY DELIBERATELY do it, to ensure the kiddies with 15 hours up their sleeve a day totally reroll and play FoM every 3 months, on top of the rest of the grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwyn View Post
    About time these pr**ks are overpaid for the lack of effort into WoW the past 2 expansions. The complete and utter disdain that the design team has for certain specs (yes I was a ret paladin, and never happy with the perceived vs ingame role), particularly ele/enhance shaman/ret paladin vs a hybrid like druids, they were never balanced properly. And when long term half decent players tell these idiots what is wrong they just discard it, then half a year later agree that the issues were in fact what they were told 6-12 months prior, just 100% ar*ewipes, who can't admit they f**ked up big time, ALL the time. And mostly it's just so blatent to see as a player who they over or under buff, just astounding that these weasles can't see it, which sort of makes you think, THEY DELIBERATELY do it, to ensure the kiddies with 15 hours up their sleeve a day totally reroll and play FoM every 3 months, on top of the rest of the grind.
    There was a point in time where I would dismiss your post as being cynical, but after beta testing and reading the responses GC gave to in-game issues...yeah. I agree with you.

There was one particular beta thread regarding priest mana issues that went on for weeks...players complaining that they had to spam solace for most of the raid just to get their mana back, their actual healing output due to regen was pretty bad...then GC posts, "well, we'll just have to nerf solace then", and things stayed like that until well after expansion release.

Rogues were (arguably over) buffed and given a special legendary because the class wasn't being played enough, it wouldn't surprise me if they deliberately imbalanced things or made a half-assed attempt to balance things in order to encourage players to reroll every season, although there is no direct evidence to suggest that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    Blizz you want to keep subs up ? Make the game more accessible to casuals not hardcore players ...
    Considering how pathetically casual the game has become since 3.0, I really wonder how people can still copy-paste this canned garbage...
    Well, if anything, it proves that those who try to use this (lol) "argument" are probably just bots mindlessly repeating the same mantra even when it's been years since reality has gone farther than fiction...

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Considering how pathetically casual the game has become since 3.0, I really wonder how people can still copy-paste this canned garbage...
    Well, if anything, it proves that those who try to use this (lol) "argument" are probably just bots mindlessly repeating the same mantra even when it's been years since reality has gone farther than fiction...
    Raid encounters have become more and more complex. Casuals in end game are shunted into the LFR ghetto. Casual guilds that want guild raiding are basically out of luck.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Raid encounters have become more and more complex. Casuals in end game are shunted into the LFR ghetto. Casual guilds that want guild raiding are basically out of luck.
    "complex" doesn't mean "more difficult". The 5-man "heroics" in WotLK had much more complex mechanisms than Vanilla instances, and were still much easier.

Anyway, the ENTIRE content has been dumbed down to oblivion precisely to cater for whining casuals, so the complain "the game isn't accessible for casuals" is the pinnacle of retardation. The only part that is maybe not accessible for all casuals is the last tier heroic raid, which is available in normal mode and LFR anyway.
    How can it be even POSSIBLE to make the game "more accessible" ?

As for LFR, it exists BECAUSE casuals whined they couldn't finish everything by playing 30 mn a week, it exists BECAUSE they wanted everything "accessible", so well, I hardly see how they can complain about it - and it still makes the whining about "it's not accessible" obviously false and stupid.
    Last edited by Akka; 2013-02-20 at 08:44 PM.

This thread is still going? Jeeeeez. Ok well since we're here, who wants to place bets on the May 1st subscriber count? lol

I got 8.2 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    As for LFR, it exists BECAUSE casuals whined they couldn't finish everything by playing 30 mn a week, so well, I hardly see how they can complain about it.
    Casuals in casual raid guilds were fine with the tuning of Wrath. LFR exists not because they wanted it instead, but because Blizzard wanted to have three difficulty levels so they could cater to a razor thin slice of top players. In the process, casual raid guilds are now required to either field 25 raiders or queue with strangers.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

15+ Year Old Account
    Casuals in casual raid guilds were fine with the tuning of Wrath. LFR exists not because they wanted it instead, but because Blizzard wanted to have three difficulty levels so they could cater to a razor thin slice of top players. In the process, casual raid guilds are now required to either field 25 raiders or queue with strangers.
    What is stopping casuals from doing normal mode? Nothing. They can even extend the lock outs and complete a few bosses each week. The idea that LFR is the only mode casual players can do is silly. Just because a player is casual doesn't mean they are bad and can't do normal modes.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    What is stopping casuals from doing normal mode? Nothing.
    A disingenuous and frankly stupid argument. What is stopping them is that normal modes are tuned beyond the level of their competence and/or interest.

But you knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    God you fanboys never quit.

so true lol.
    Casual.

15+ Year Old Account
    A disingenuous and frankly stupid argument. What is stopping them is that normal modes are tuned beyond the level of their competence and/or interest.But you knew that.
    Why are you assuming that all casuals are bad players?

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Why are you assuming that all casuals are bad players?
    It should have been clear what I meant by the word "casual" from the context. Do go back and read for comprehension. Casual does not mean only has a very limited time to play. That meaning has always been at best a smokescreen.

Even if WoW drops to 2M players, it will still be one of the bigger MMO-games out there. And some just will never stop playing it. Just check at D2.