Thread: LCS Thread

From game of the year to baron throw of the year. I'm so sad, Fnatic performed so well but then they decided to go full dignitoss and it was gg. Really good performance from them though and it hopefully gives them confidence and momentum to take on TPA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think OMG is going to take there revenge out on C9 after losing to SKT T1 this game I feel it.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't believe meteos just missed a point blank cocoon. They could of got that kill for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeaaaa c9!

They played that so well and just out played OMG.

10+ Year Old Account
    wowowowowowo c9 doing big again in international tournaments. GG

- - - Updated - - -

Casters are traitors didn't eat more apple pie!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so extremely impressed by C9. Wow.

Also, most terrifying load screen ever:

Deleted
    NA worst region ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    OT: really nice game.

Deleted
    Interesting level 1 play from TPA. wow

So can we all agree. South East Asia worst region?
    Last edited by mmoca91367db85; 2014-05-09 at 06:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    GPL teams should actually look at other regions when attending international tournaments cause its evident they have no clue how to deal with shitty strats like 4 man pushes. Why in the hell would you stay at a tower against a soraka and tanky ass support leona.

10+ Year Old Account
    Despite it being so unlikely... apparently I was right about Chaox joining Saint's team.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege..._and_mancloud/

Deleted
    dat Anivia

Deleted
    Say whatever you wish about relevance of the match, <3 Froggenivia. He did all he could to create a show. ^.^

C9 really struggled without the Morgana, it seems their bot lane really needs that crutch. Sneaky positioned poorly in first game and was made to pay (especially that fight at drake.)

I also don't think C9 play very well from behind, they have poor vision control and don't ever look to make picks and plays (apart from Meteos ganking top.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Surprise surprise, fnatic getting destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    C9 really struggled without the Morgana, it seems their bot lane really needs that crutch. Sneaky positioned poorly in first game and was made to pay (especially that fight at drake.)

I also don't think C9 play very well from behind, they have poor vision control and don't ever look to make picks and plays (apart from Meteos ganking top.)
    I don't think c9 is ever really behind in NA. Outside of scrims we can't watch, they don't have a lot of experience playing from behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP west teams once again such sad

Deleted
    As expected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Hey C9 took a game off of OMG so mission accomplished.
    Your right!!! One step closer!!!So the only west team that beat a Korean team was M5
    Last edited by Akaena; 2014-05-10 at 04:10 PM.

These tournaments further prove how far behind the east the western regions are.

When will NA and EU start catching up? Even Krepo talking now about one of the reasons they're so far ahead is the difference in our coaching and analysts because the game is more about strategy than mechanics. Our teams simply don't have the same funding and sponsors of players in Korea and China who get backed by large corporations and supplied with full training facilities, dieticians, professional level analysts and coaches, etc. Our best teams didn't even put up a fight except the one game yesterday C9 pulled out against an OMG team that were blatantly half assing their play.

It's concerning because I don't want LoL to go the way of Starcraft where the Asian scene gets so huge and far ahead of everyone else that they start dominating other ladders as well. It's sad when fans of Starcraft start cheering for anyone who isn't Korean. I respect LMQ for learning English after moving here from China but the floodgates that will open if they have a successful split......

I just don't see anything changing for esports in the next few years. Video games, and especially competitive play, are still so widely looked down upon in the west. They're getting more acceptance but video games still carry a negative stigma and companies, other than PC part and small web based companies, don't see a point in backing our teams to the same degree the Korean and Chinese corporations back theirs.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2014-05-10 at 04:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy we must collect all the dragon balls and wish for west teams to be able to beat Koreans.

Or just take gaming as serious as them I still don't think the mentality has reached us like Asia teams players throw away everything to play games for a career and is like a full time job. Managers who know actually know what there doing and coaches who actually coach not just have the title. There are so many west teams who have a coach but I don't think they do anything compared to the east teams. Just look when SKT T1 coach was talking to bengi that look like a real coach. I have not once seen anything like that from LCS teams except for C9's.

You also have to remember Esports has been going on in asia for awhile and have been more excepted then the west.
    Last edited by Akaena; 2014-05-10 at 04:22 PM.

Deleted
    I dont know if they really are that far ahead due coaching and money, for me its more of a mixture of misguided respect, missing aggressivnes in the right spot and overextending. The Asian teams play out of the comfortable western playstyle with fixed lanes and laning phase, they roam around nonstop applying pressure. So it would be on the western teams to counter that strategy by picking safe lanes that can hold vs multiple members, to punish the gold and exp share of those teams, hell even go for two duo lanes without jungler. If they strategize and analyze against the start plays, go out of the meta or practice stuff they arent prepared against in those important games.

And western teams have to keep their cool better, those games were in the end just fnatic desparate for catches and paying for it. In the first game they got that far behind, just turtle and make them pay for their melee heavy team comp and wait till the late game balances out the item lead. But what does fnatic do? looking for a fight in their own warded jungle outside their base against leading korean super team, what are the odds of a positive outcome. When fnatic kicked nrated they lost their strategic edge and just stumbled into LCS wins because of their mechanicly skilled players. In honesty i would love to get back to the old fnatic style with heavy roaming peke on assasins, splitpush.