Thread: LCS Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Tinfoil hat much? It goes both ways. There's a good chance EG did WAIT til they filed their paperwork and were assured of Helios eligability to play in LCS before announcing him. Again, they should've simply waited until they had the paper work in and/or got the 'yay' from Riot that all was copacetic with Lustboy. Just because Reddit was being reddit is no reason not to make sure you've got everything in order before making announcements.
    It's more about "Why does Riot feel the need to publicly kick up a shitstorm?"

It doesn't stop the fact that TSM "signed" Lustboy. It makes people think TSM is inept (which, frankly, they are but Riot shouldn't make a point to reinforce that), especially with how the tweet was worded. He didn't say "yet". He made it sound like Lustboy had already failed his check and wouldn't be allowed to play, when he actually meant that paperwork hadn't been filed yet and the behavior check still had to happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Or it could just be a reminder that their ducks were not in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Or it could just be a reminder that their ducks were not in a row.
    Why publicly, though?

If you're doing it to remind TSM that they need to submit paperwork, there's better ways to communicate that than a tweet. If you're doing it to say to fans "Calm down, they haven't submitted paperwork for him", it could have been worded better AND we were nowhere near their deadline yet.
    Last edited by Drikkink; 2014-07-23 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Why publicly, though?

If you're doing it to remind TSM that they need to submit paperwork, there's better ways to communicate that than a tweet. If you're doing it to say to fans "Calm down, they haven't submitted paperwork for him", it could have been worded better AND we were nowhere near their deadline yet.
    Likely to cover their asses. If they didn't fill out the paperwork and then came to LCS and were told they can't play Lustboy, it can be seen as a fault of Riot and cause community uproar despite the fact TSM didn't follow guidelines. With all the backlash they have on any of their decisions, this was likely as a measure to show the public that TSM hadn't done their part in the event they didn't give the paperwork in time, and absolve Riot of fault if TSM didn't meet the requirements.

Whether or not you personally agree with it is another thing entirely, but given all the backlash they get for controversial decisions, this seems to be the likely reasoning.

Not even sure if TSM will make it to worlds tbh zzzzz
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Why publicly, though?

Why not ... it's a professional league with rules. Teams should act accordingly. If they don't Riot can make an example of them.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Much as I like to hate on Nick Allen, who I most definitely consider to be incompetent with some horrendous ideas - or at least the headfigure for said horrendous ideas (*cough* let's have the EU teams play in the USA and announce it when Gambit can either forfeit the last two weeks or run into Visa issues again, what can possibly go wrong!?) - this is not on Riot.

TSM made a public announcement that Lustboy would be playing. In response, Riot made a public announcement that "No, he isn't, unless you guys get your paperwork sorted out".

I am perfectly fine with that.

With regards to the Helios case, he already was sighted with EG at a Riot briefing before EG ever made the announcement. They, in all likelihood, had all their paperwork sorted - or at least submitted - before they stated that they brought on Helios as a sub. Their announcement also did not state that Helios would be playing the very next opportunity as if it were a fact.

The post Snoopeh made stated that “We will be using Helios in scrims this week and most likely trying him out this week in LCS to see how he fares in an LCS setting.”

Which is decidedly different from "he will be playing 100%".

- - - Updated - - -

Oh btw, here's Gleeb's statement on this whole thing.

One can only commend him for the attitude that shines through in this post. Very impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not particularly. Regi responded to it with "thanks for the reminder, we just turned in the paperwork."

It's fairly simple: don't put things out in public and neither will Riot.

lolesports ‏@lolesports 6 t
    #LCS Info: Lustboy has been cleared to play for TSM in Week 10 of the LCS

10+ Year Old Account
    HOLY FUCK. That imp on tristana.

I had to pick up my jaw from the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    HOLY FUCK. That imp on tristana.

I had to pick up my jaw from the floor.
    imp is so hilarious when he vs piglet, he just gets so cocky (that solo kill at bot tower game 3 then get killed by kogs passive

also man im seeing ALOT mor zillean now >_> wonder why
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

RIP In Peace Gambit

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    yay, top lane maokai!

I played it in s3 and it was very fun already (had 60% winrate or so :3), but too weak on the mana side. I have no doubts that it's very viable now with the changes.
    Yea, RoA into full tank maokai is really strong in teamfights now. He's super tanky, provides protection/utility for his team, and does decent damage with his combo with just the RoA. Even when his W took him for joyrides deep into the middle of gambit, he didn't have much issues.

I have no idea why they picked mundo into that team. Vs Kog, elise, AND fizz (and the new %hp maokai W), all on the same team? Huge amounts of %health damage and healing reduction. Mundo can't tank that. I have a hard time thinking of a worse pick, honestly...
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    At least it wasn't Yorick.

To be fair to Kubon, it was the first time ever he did not lose lane in the first 10 minutes.

Why do people sit back and let their opponent decide how the game goes? Even if you're down in the game, that won't win you a game. You're trying to sit back and let them make a mistake, but they won't if they aren't pressured. If they just get to sit mid lane and pick away at a tower (especially on a team with minimal poke... seriously... Alliance did not have a siege team), they will not make a mistake. They have no reason to dive. They have no reason to rotate. If you don't even challenge barons when you're basically within a quarter of the map of them, they won't even make a mistake there.

You can't sit back and hope your opponent loses. You have to MAKE your opponent lose. If it goes bad, oh well. You don't win. You weren't going to win if you sat back and did nothing anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    And selfie missed like every charm. Didn't matter though since he had DFG. I don't enjoy playing against Ahri and randomly getting gibbed, but she is a lot of fun to watch.

Damn, at work entire day, did I miss anything crazy?

10+ Year Old Account
    At least go watch the Fnatic vs Alliance game.

Samsung Blue vs Jin Air Stealths just about to start.

Support Zilean / Elise Top in this first game, something different!