Thread: LCS Thread

Deleted
    good games today, aggressive plays and exciting to watch, even Gambit vs CW was ok. Hoping SK can keep up with their aggressive playstyle, their passiveness the last weeks really made me mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    I DIDNT KNOW YOU HAD A MEAN SIDE
    a
    Plz Mione chi pa pa, it was supposed to be a positive comment.

- - - Updated - - -

CLG to field all subs during superweek, the main roster is skipping it to go bootcamp with monte in korea.
    http://clgaming.net/news/603-clg-to-bootcamp-in-korea-with-montecristo

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post

CLG to field all subs during superweek, the main roster is skipping it to go bootcamp with monte in korea.
    http://clgaming.net/news/603-clg-to-...th-montecristo
    I really hope that this bootcamp will pay off and we'll see more of the super organized rotations and map control that we've seen glimpses of in the past. I hope this will also propel them into worlds. It would be nice to have Doublelift actually play and not just be on the desk, though he is enjoyable to watch up there as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

I have to say though, the entire EU LCS does nothing for me. Nothing. Yes, I'm European, but love the current performance and playstyle of the NA LCS much, much more. I love how TSM and C9 play. I generally love how LMQ play. Far more attractive to me. The UELCS just seems.. lackluster.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I have to say though, the entire EU LCS does nothing for me. Nothing. Yes, I'm European, but love the current performance and playstyle of the NA LCS much, much more. I love how TSM and C9 play. I generally love how LMQ play. Far more attractive to me. The UELCS just seems.. lackluster.
    You are not alone.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Noname statement on the LMQ mess:
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...00006886699476

I'm not gonna lie, I think both regions have fallen behind the Korea and China even further this split.

Sadly, the "best" teams that did poorly for the most of the split are in top 4 (Cloud9, Fnatic, damn even Supa Hot Crew is 3rd in EU...) CLG threw last few games as well.

Indeed, I never watch EU LCS, only if I hear some rumors about something incredible (out of meta pick etc), then I check that match.
    I do watch every NA match though, I feel the casters are alot more pleasent to listen to and the play in it self is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Dunno whats the difference in playstyle you mention seems more that you like mostly the Teams there and then transition it to "playstyle". I watch most of games NA and EU and cant see much of a difference. Also think the constant twitch spam that EU is boring is kinda... both regions have their fair share of boring games and NA still rocking it with that 80 minutes game. NA currently just has the fan favorites, while no one give a shit about SHC, Roccat or Mil, so they only watch games from fnatic or alliance meaning EU cant pull the same excitement with the rivalries in NA and old teams, even LMQ as a new teams either gets fans wanting them to crush old teams or to fans wanting the chinese to be crushed.

Top teams Europe are to me better then the top teams NA, the rest maybe worse overall in EU. But watching some OGN gotta say both regions will get crushed by korea unless they pull of some huge snowball shit or cheese something.
    Last edited by mmoc901e5959a9; 2014-07-30 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpi View Post
    Dunno whats the difference in playstyle you mention seems more that you like mostly the Teams there and then transition it to "playstyle". I watch most of games NA and EU and cant see much of a difference. Also think the constant twitch spam that EU is boring is kinda... both regions have their fair share of boring games and NA still rocking it with that 80 minutes game. NA currently just has the fan favorites, while no one give a shit about SHC, Roccat or Mil, so they only watch games from fnatic or alliance meaning EU cant pull the same excitement with the rivalries in NA and old teams, even LMQ as a new teams either gets fans wanting them to crush old teams or to fans wanting the chinese to be crushed.

Top teams Europe are to me better then the top teams NA, the rest maybe worse overall in EU. But watching some OGN gotta say both regions will get crushed by korea unless they pull of some huge snowball shit or cheese something.
    Right, so you have no clue what I'm talking about, but you mention this stream of spam that says that obviously EU is more boring (and it is), of which I personally didn't know, I watch lcs on youtube. EU teams are like cold wars. They farm 40 minutes, then they snowball after a lucky ACE$, rinse and repeat. NA scene is action packed.

Deleted
    Right, so you have no clue what I'm talking about, but you mention this stream of spam that says that obviously EU is more boring (and it is), of which I personally didn't know, I watch lcs on youtube. EU teams are like cold wars. They farm 40 minutes, then they snowball after a lucky ACE$, rinse and repeat. NA scene is action packed.
    Well arguing is pretty pointless since its quite biased and subjective if a game is boring, action packed games mostly fuel themselves on both sides making a lot of mistakes, otherwhise its just a stomp. I Agree that those games are better but you cant blame team for taking low risk strategies, if they have a late game comp. And like i said, i cant see different playstyles its not like TSM play chinese style or Cloud9 are the skilled overlords. They both play objectives games where they rather go for that then chasing kills or trying to make flashy plays, just watch some CLG games, cause its the most efficient way to play atm. I agree that LMQ is a team that i like to watch cause they either lose hard or win hard and fast, which both continents struggle with is closing out games. And btw saying all EU games are a 40 min farm fest is pretty generalizing like saying that all NA games are action packed with a bizzilion kills, they aren't, trust me. Some guys just see to see what they want to see, there could be overloads of kills and back and forth action on one game, but the next game is boring so you say "Aha! EU is so boring" cause you will memorize that latter game which supports your opinion in general.
    Last edited by mmoc901e5959a9; 2014-07-30 at 05:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it may be that cheesy style that helps them do well against Korean teams.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpi View Post
    Well arguing is pretty pointless since its quite biased and subjective if a game is boring, action packed games mostly fuel themselves on both sides making a lot of mistakes, otherwhise its just a stomp. I Agree that those games are better but you cant blame team for taking low risk strategies, if they have a late game comp. And like i said, i cant see different playstyles its not like TSM play chinese style or Cloud9 are the skilled overlords. They both play objectives games where they rather go for that then chasing kills or trying to make flashy plays, just watch some CLG games, cause its the most efficient way to play atm. I agree that LMQ is a team that i like to watch cause they either lose hard or win hard and fast, which both continents struggle with is closing out games. And btw saying all EU games are a 40 min farm fest is pretty generalizing like saying that all NA games are action packed with a bizzilion kills, they aren't, trust me. Some guys just see to see what they want to see, there could be overloads of kills and back and forth action on one game, but the next game is boring so you say "Aha! EU is so boring" cause you will memorize that latter game which supports your opinion in general.
    I would have liked a paragraph or two, but I still read it;

- CLG is on an alltime low.
    - Trusting you to tell me what I see, good one. I watch LCS daily. Obviously the generalization (which it is) does not mean a literal 100%, but you caught that, because you knew it was an exaggeration, so why argue the point. The fact is, that even though (currently watching) the first 2, or was it 3, games in the EU LCS today, had early kills going back and forth, the games were STILL boring. Maybe I'm just expecting a higher skill level. It's like watching myself play. When I see the current NA LCS play, I'm looking at people that get the game. When I watch EU LCS, I'm looking at people that lose to mistakes, not win by skill, or playing well.

That's my opinion. You're free to argue the point by offering your own opinion, but you're not free to tell me that my opinion is predisposed and therefore invalid, because that's not how it works. Your opinion of my opinion is predisposed and invalid. That's how it works. You are biased about my opinion, I'm biased about which games I like better, which is why I like them better. Which is why I too, am looking for reasons why that is. But I still like NA LCS better, regardless of reason, regardless of your opinion, regardless of the truth, god forbid, I enjoy NA LCS more. Enjoyment is an emotion, it's not rational.

Bye.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2014-07-30 at 07:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And... the LMQ drama continues! It's the gift that keeps on giving!

Reminds me of an episode of south park with the wrestling league that turned into soap opera. Good guy Alex Gu who is not actually a good guy, bad girl Sharon who isn't actually bad girl. With chinese mafia on the background. The trailer writes itself.

The bottomline seems to be that the LMQ organisation has screwed quite a few ppl now and in the past.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tizzlefix View Post
    Why do I feel this entire pro gaming thing is starting to become a joke...
    I agree.
    During S2 I only saw a "bad play" once every few fights.
    Whenever someone died it was due to the other guy just being better or the dead guy getting outplayed.

Not it seems a lot of the deaths are due to people being idiots and making the wrong plays (maokai TP into enemy team and instaded).
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    I agree.
    During S2 I only saw a "bad play" once every few fights.
    Whenever someone died it was due to the other guy just being better or the dead guy getting outplayed.

Not it seems a lot of the deaths are due to people being idiots and making the wrong plays (maokai TP into enemy team and instaded).
    No I meant in regards to all of the awful shit such as the LMQ mess, Gambit getting royally fucked over. You can only let these things happen so many times before it eventually makes people start questioning the legitimacy of this. Look at Brood War, all it took was players sandbagging for people to start calling the scene a joke.
    Last edited by Duronos; 2014-07-31 at 01:44 AM.
    Hey everyone

No I meant in regards to all of the awful shit such as the LMQ mess, Gambit getting royally fucked over. You can only let these things happen so many times before it eventually makes people start questioning the legitimacy of this. Look at Brood War, all it took was players sandbagging for people to start calling the scene a joke.
    One those of "the few ruin it for the many" cases. There's just not in involved in the Esports scene taking it seriously on all fronts to bring it forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost getting to that point. Remember Promise and the scandal about the matchfixing that lead him to attempting suicide, yet luckily he lived?

You know who's feeling really sour about all this LMQ drama? XDG. I would think that had LMQ not made it into the promos, they had some chance of staying in the LCS despite their terrible split.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Reminds me of an episode of south park with the wrestling league that turned into soap opera. Good guy Alex Gu who is not actually a good guy, bad girl Sharon who isn't actually bad girl. With chinese mafia on the background. The trailer writes itself.

The bottomline seems to be that the LMQ organisation has screwed quite a few ppl now and in the past.
    you must really not have paid any attention to that episode at all then. what they were doing was wrestling(''wrassling??'')vs wrestling(as in wwe i believe its called, the fake stuff) nothing turned from one thing to another