Question <RET> IS Raiding on a Retribution Paladin Worth It?

Raiding, on a Retribution Paladin.
    Is it worth it?

Back in Cataclysm, my main was a Ret Pally. I loved my Ret, did substantial dps and I did very well in raiding environments. Then, MoP hit and basically we're one of the weakest classes in the game DPS wise. Or, as I've heard. And seen. (simulationcraft)

After MoP hit and my class got weak, I took a break from it. Leveled a BDK. And as much as I like my overpowered DK, I miss raiding on my Ret, and I'd really like to go back to it. So, my question for you all is- is it worth it? and, is there anyone who is an experienced Ret raider in MoP that could help me out by linking their armory/giving tips? Whatever I could get would be greatly- GREATLY appreciated.

That's all for this thread, please help me out. Thanks.

Deleted
    I'm not sure what to tell you other than "rets are fine".
    They really are, not the greatest DPS spec at the moment, but competative if played correctly. If i played a ret paladin for my main i would't be particularly upset with where they are at.

Yes, Retribution Paladin is worth it because it does a good amount of contribution to the progression of your raid. Done.

It's worth it if you're having fun. If you're only wanting to top the meter(like top WoLs) then I'd go with a better class.
    Last edited by Gurushock; 2013-02-07 at 11:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ret is fine right now. While their sustained could do with being a bit better, they have pretty fucking insane burst to make up for it. Paladins as a whole are in a pretty good place atm PvE wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Ret was alot worse in Cata than it is now. Talking from progression point of view of course. Tier11 = hand of light proc mastery (divine purpose) + overall very shit sustained (fixed by stupid devs way too late), tier12 = same boat (some dumbass censure fix way too late again). Tier13 was Okish but ye way too tenticlish....

Verdict : Ret was carried by 3.80 weapons in cata, now it works just needs some minor number tweaks and maybe AoE capability. That's PvE shit only but I guess ya asked about that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurushockin View Post
    It's worth it if you're having fun. If you're only wanting to top the meter then I'd go with a better class.
    But.... http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6...um/damageDone/

Back to the topic. While a lot of people are.... negative about rets in general (PvP, RBGs arena etc etc.) they're in a nice spot and are in my opinion nicely balanced PvE wise this tier (Maybe even better next tier with Magic dispell back in business through Sac and SoR potentially being buffed).

The most important question is: Do you enjoy ret? I mean the playstyle is definitely a decent step up from the Cata playstyle and I definitely enjoy it

You can always trust a male spacecow!

10+ Year Old Account
    "Should I play X" threads are rarely constructive because there is not much discussion to be had. Just play what you want to play, as far as I know, no class in WoW is so bad at raiding that you should avoid that class. Closing.

~Fhi