Guardian PVE DPS

I'm running guardian in my casual PVE guild (5/6 2/6 so far) and was wondering about my DPS.
    I usually pull 25k-30k dps by encounter with a i485 lvl.
    I am properly gemmed and enchanted - is that low DPS? I'm pondering my "rotation". What I usually do:
    - Fae fire and Trash refresh
    - Spam Lacerate and - Mutilate when up. anything else I can do to boost my dps? Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Pelleas View Post
    I'm running guardian in my casual PVE guild (5/6 2/6 so far) and was wondering about my DPS.
    I usually pull 25k-30k dps by encounter with a i485 lvl.
    I am properly gemmed and enchanted - is that low DPS? I'm pondering my "rotation". What I usually do:
    - Fae fire and Trash refresh
    - Spam Lacerate and - Mutilate when up. anything else I can do to boost my dps? Thanks guys
    At ilvl 485, I would expect roughly 45-50k dps against a target dummy. Dps on actual raids is dependent upon the fight in question. If you're tanking normal stoneguards as the tank with 2 dogs, you should probably end up somewhere around 100k dps. Feng, roughly 60-70k if you're the nullification tank and 70-80k if you're the reversal tank. 50-60k on Garajal, etc.

I said this in another thread, but easiest way to increase your dps is to spam a single castsequence macro depending on if you're doing single target or aoe damage:

single target - /castsequence mangle, lacerate, thrash, lacerate, mangle, lacerate, faerie fire, lacerate
    aoe - /castsequence thrash, swipe, mangle, swipe

Properly gemmed and enchanted meaning what? When I did a cursory google search (I'm primarily a cat) I found 3 different guides with 3 different opinions.

If you want to up your DPS because you feel it will be beneficial to your guild, go with the crit build. Gemming consists of Agi/crit, Pure Crit and Hit/crit (or stamina/crit) with a reforge of (hit/expertise soft cap > crit > mastery > haste)

As far as rotation:
    Mangle > Thrash > Lacerate > Faerie Fire >>>> Maul (generally only maul if you're not the active tank in a multi-tank fight)

However, the macro that kaiadam posted will get you 90% of the way there and so depending on where your skill level is, you may actually get better results from the macro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Until 5.2, don't use FF, it resets your melee swings. So, for maxing dps, Mangle>Thrash(no dot)>Lacerate>Thrash(dot). If all 3 are on CD, Swipe. When 5.2 comes out, itll be back to Mangle>Thrash(no dot)>FF>Lacerate>Thrash(dot).

Use Maul whenever TC procs for the balance between damage and mitigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Are you pulling that dps against a dummy or on the boss? If you're getting punched by the boss, your vengeance should make you do LOOOOADS of dmg. Just get your hit to 7.5% and your exp as close to 15% as you can and your dps should skyrocket.